Photo

What will the next gen Nintendo console have?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

I prefer not to use the term wii 2 myself, but that is irrelevant to the topic.

So, what do you think Nintendo's next gen console will have that makes it special and unique?
I currently have 2 guesses:

1.Somewhat mind control. You know Smash Bros.? Well why not use your final smash by just thinking really hard? It's not as expensive as getting something that lets you control an army, and it could still be rather cool.

2.SUPER motion control. What do I mean by that? I'm... I'm actually not sure myself :/
I'm thinking something along the lines of a hologram, but I might be getting ahead of myself XD
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#2 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 03:20 AM

Mind control, as tempting as it may seem, may be just a tad too far for Nintendo to integrate it into their next console at an affordable price. The technology already exists, but it's still super-expensive...

I don't know what exactly you mean by "super" motion control, but one guess I've had myself is that Nintendo may integrate the Vitality Sensor into the remote's wrist strap for a seamless experience (I can't imagine actually playing a game with the Vitality Sensor on a finger; how am I supposed to hold the Nunchuk?).

#3 Revolution

Revolution

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:03 AM

Super motion control as in a combination from Sony's Move and Microsoft's Kinect? That'd be some neat movement tracking.

#4 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:25 AM

~Feld0
I myself have no idea what I meant by that ;)
I'm thinking like the next level of motion control...

Oh, and the vitality censor doesn't seem to have much use outside of health and horror games, so I think they would be adding much more...

~Revolution
Adding move would be pointless, it' s an obvious clone of the wii remote, but adding kinect...
Sadly, I don't think Nintendo would steal an idea like that :D
Would be cool having both types of MC, though...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#5 Revolution

Revolution

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:45 AM

No, you get it wrong. The Playstation Move remote has way better motion tracking then the WiiMotePlus.

#6 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:17 AM

From what I've heard, it's slightly better motion tracking, and much worse pointing. It would average out, but I've also heard that Move has to be re-synced really often... So WiiMote+ is slightly better than move (From what I've heard, I don't know anyone who is even slightly interested in move, so...)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#7 Revolution

Revolution

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

I'll see in some days and write my conclusives here.

#8 Goose74

Goose74

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Sony

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:33 PM

I have WM+ and also have the Move for my PS3 and can tell you that both don't differ much. Move controls a bit different and you have to get in the controls if you played Wii before. Its a different feeling. But to say that it is better its not right. It has a little bit better precision but only because of the camera tracking the movement. Everyone is just talking about how Move could track the motion in the 3D-Room but nothing else does the WM. It can also track if you move the WM to the sensorbar or get further away but it is not often used in games. (I got only one game that uses this; Far Cry Predator; Move the WM to the screen gets you into snipermode and get further away you get back to normal mode) Nothing else does the WM. The Move only has the plus of the Cam. Nothing more nothing less. ;) Maybe if you get games that uses the full Features of MOVE will move it further beyond the WM+.

Back to topic.
My best guess is that it will have something to do with 3D and maybe something with emotions. Get some gear to put on the head and try to get some reactions and emotions. Imagine some Survival Horror game that gets modified by your emotions you have. Would be great.

Best regards.

Goose74 :D

#9 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

Mind Control?!?! Thats gonna be scary if that happened.

Shigiru Myamoto said he makes Mario games with the current use of technology. But that doesn't mean its for other Nintendo games...

Im not that much of a thinker when it comes to stuff like this. I can't predict.

#10 Revolution

Revolution

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:25 PM

I don't know with you guys, but my tv with my Wii is next to a window, and when the sun shines hard, the sensor doesn't work anymore.

#11 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 22 December 2010 - 11:29 PM

I don't know with you guys, but my tv with my Wii is next to a window, and when the sun shines hard, the sensor doesn't work anymore.

I heard when the sensor bar is exposed to some things, they won't work.

#12 Roy

Roy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ninja Bread Man. Best. Game. Ever

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:16 AM

Holograms would be cool, but probs won't happen

Hello, I am Roy.

Posted Image

#13 Revolution

Revolution

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

Holograms exist, but I think they are expensive at this moment. Altough hologram 3D (like 3D but powered by holograms) might be for the 9th generation. This generation is all about HD (except for the Wii, that is), next one will probably be the 3D generation, so holograms would be entirely possible for the 9th generation.

#14 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:18 AM

How about 3D that you can interact with? Like, you put on a pair of gloves and you can pick up the ball in the game and try and get it through the hoop ;)

More realistically, could they do something with augmented reality? Think like this: Splitscreen multiplayer... Without the splitscreen. You just put on a pair of glasses and only YOUR screen is shown XD

That ones still kinda a tough sell... Well, no, it would sell like crazy, but I doubt that's what Nintendo has in mind :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#15 Revolution

Revolution

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:24 AM

Touchable holograms exist aswell. ;)

#16 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

Well, the wii-remote part was fitting XD
Sadly, I think this tech is FAR to new to be used :/
Give it another 5-10 years though...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#17 Revolution

Revolution

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 09:59 AM

You'd be suprised to know how fast technologic goes.

#18 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:22 AM

Well the 2010 singing robot was just as creepy as the 2009 one, soo...
But, still, even if they did get the collisions to be better, how do they add a concave mirror to a TV? It's the whole 3D issue all over again :/
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#19 Revolution

Revolution

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

A mirror ball thing on your tv?

#20 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

From what I've heard, it's slightly better motion tracking, and much worse pointing. It would average out, but I've also heard that Move has to be re-synced really often... So WiiMote+ is slightly better than move (From what I've heard, I don't know anyone who is even slightly interested in move, so...)

It does :cry: it really does, it makes me cry when I have to re sync it every fripping second.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!