Photo

What will the next gen Nintendo console have?

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

MotionPlus has to be resynced quite a bit, too. But it never really bothered me, as developers usually do a pretty good job of hiding the resyncing from you, in the MotionPlus games I've played (which, admittedly, aren't that many). But you make Move sound absolutely horrible, EK. I thought the whole point of the TV-mounted camera was to prevent the issue of constant resyncing. >.>

#22 Revolution

Revolution

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:57 PM

So, I now have Move, and I love it. It has great pointing, great tracking, and I don't know why'd you say you need to re-sync alot, you only need to when you start a game, and it takes only 10 seconds. The design is also way better to have it in your hands.

#23 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:56 PM

So, I now have Move, and I love it. It has great pointing, great tracking, and I don't know why'd you say you need to re-sync alot, you only need to when you start a game, and it takes only 10 seconds. The design is also way better to have it in your hands.

To my understanding both Wii-motion + and PS3 Move require frequent re-syncing, but its usually hidden in the gameplay so that you don't notice it as much as you would otherwise.

#24 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 28 December 2010 - 02:06 PM

I don't think we have the same games, but the game my brother got it with, 'The Fight' , is terrible, it took us half an hour to figure out one PART of the synchronisation. You have to sync that game all the time, it takes all the fun out of it. ;)

MotionPlus has to be resynced quite a bit, too. But it never really bothered me, as developers usually do a pretty good job of hiding the resyncing from you, in the MotionPlus games I've played (which, admittedly, aren't that many). But you make Move sound absolutely horrible, EK. I thought the whole point of the TV-mounted camera was to prevent the issue of constant resyncing. >.>

This seems to be a 'work for some doesn't work for others' type of thing since Revolution has no problems with it. Some people say Revelations was the best looking 3DS game others say it was shadowy and had a bad 3d effect.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#25 Revolution

Revolution

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:40 PM

The Fight is indeed a terrible game. But you must consider putting the camera somewhere else.

#26 dannyboy

dannyboy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Fandom:
    all nintendo characters

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:29 AM

it should have a helmet type thing with a special screen rather than having to use a tv all the time making it portable as well as a home console then it should make it as if you are the character and showing their point of view and mind reading so you don't need a controler in hand.

it would be pretty cool and it would be a key selling point which nintendo looks for ;)
http://amazing-nintendo.blogspot.com/
my new blog all about Nintendo so go and have a look though its not just as good as here but go for a look and sign up to the forum if you want

#27 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 30 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

The Fight is indeed a terrible game. But you must consider putting the camera somewhere else.

No offence to you but... where does Sony expect me to put the camera...on the roof? Its already been on the TV, on the unit, in a different room. The starter pack costs £70 and you don't even get a navigation controller. When I buy something expensive, I expect it to work and work well. Its not good enough to spend that kind of money and to be fiddling around with it. :|
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#28 Revolution

Revolution

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:11 AM

Make sure your room isn't too light.

#29 Mark

Mark

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo

Posted 31 December 2010 - 05:29 AM

Mind Control is far too expensive for Nintendo to implement in the Wii 2.
Holograms won't happen.
Posted Image

#30 Play4Fun

Play4Fun

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • Fandom:
    legend of Zelda

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

Controls: Better, more compact version of the Wiimote + nunchuk, integrated vitality sensor, rumble, better speaker, mic and it will be touch sensitive.

Hardware : 720P (may support 1080), games run at 30/60 FPS, at least 1GB ram (2 GB if we're lucky ;)),at least a quad core proccessor, more powerful than PS3 but not as powerful as PS4/720 (bare minimum requirements for next gen ports). backwards compatible with Wii and maybe GameCube.

Online: Very much improved over Wii, somewhere along the line of Live. Most likely free. Online social gaming will likely be a big focus of the console. Some multi-media features (NetFlix and such).

Price: $250-$350.

launch Timing: 1-2 years before PS4/720. Maybe Q4 2012.

Media: HD-DVD/Blu-Ray

Branding: Super Wii Cube Entertainment System 64...who knows...

And those are the assumptions I've made from reading many many many online articles . Of course I'm prepared to be surprised with something i haven't been expecting.

Edit - I also wanted to add that the system will likely have voice recognition.

Edited by Play4Fun, 20 April 2011 - 06:55 PM.

You know what guys?
It's amazing how the the human mind does not process the the fact I used the word "the" twice in a row in this sentence.

#31 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 02 January 2011 - 08:57 AM

It's official. I'm now calling the Wii 2 the Super Wii Cube Entertainment System 64. SWCES64 for short.

Oh, and most of that seems realistic, too. Except the price. If the 3DS is $300 in Japan, they'll probably be willing to go a bit higher with the SWCES64.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#32 Bobby

Bobby

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Fandom:
    KIRBY!

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

I can't even say what the next Nintendo homeconsole (it definately won't be called Wii 2 though :roll: ) . Nintendo always manages to surprise everyone so I bet that we won't even be able to guess it. All I know is that when its announced, it will shock everyone.
Posted Image

#33 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

Idk, maybe an upgraded Kinect that can detect objects as well?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#34 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:27 PM

Bobby, I'm quite sure it won't be called "Wii 2," either; but that's the best thing we realistically can call it at this stage, which people will also be searching for in Google and whatnot.

Waller, I'm not too sure about that, since the whole point of Kinect was to eliminate the controller from players' hands in the first place. Wouldn't holding objects that the camera detects defeat its purpose? As well, I'm quite sure Kinect is capable of identifying objects in its current iteration; just no games have been programmed that way yet.

#35 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

Well, keep in mind that nintendo will have to get the attention of a average gamer, while also compete with other consoles. So, expect something.... Amazing?

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#36 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:58 PM

Seems we somehow almost managed to forget about this thread. Should we get it going again? ;)

The latest rumours peg a touchscreen controller as the system's headlining feature. But I'm thinking it might need a little something more than just that, even if the rumours turn out to be true. After all, the 3DS didn't settle only for autostereoscopic 3D - it has augmented reality capabilities, StreetPass, and SpotPass as well.

Here's an idea to mull over: what if the Wii 2/Project Café was designed as a true living room device (giving some credit to the "Café" codename)? Meaning, it would act as a media hub as well as an awesome gaming device. Nintendo have already shown interest in expanding that way, as their partnership with Netflix shows.

#37 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2011 - 06:44 AM

Actually, I'm thinking along the lines of... Well... What do you usually do when you go to a gaming Cafe? That's right, play online games. (At least, that's what I heard.)

That means that it will have awesome online features...

Plus...

If that box photo is real...

Project Café is simply the most developer-friendly SDK the industry has ever seen. Deliver unparalleled next generation performance at current generation costs. It doesn’t get any easier than this.
easy portability from PC, Xbox 360
anytime live update past release
integrated Ad-Live framework

People, we're looking at an MMO console.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#38 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:37 AM

Actually, I'm thinking along the lines of... Well... What do you usually do when you go to a gaming Cafe? That's right, play online games. (At least, that's what I heard.)

That means that it will have awesome online features...

Plus...

If that box photo is real...

People, we're looking at an MMO console.

Its fake don't ever trust so called leaked photos. They are always fake.

#39 Cornelius

Cornelius

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Fandom:
    POKEMON,MARIO,ZELDA,SMASH BROS.

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

i'm thinking there's a possibility of gamecube games being downloaded from whatever shop they have. i know it probably won't happen but that'd be sweet...i'm mostly wondering how much memory it will have within it.
NINTENDO FAN FOR LIFE.

#40 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

Its fake don't ever trust so called leaked photos. They are always fake.

You can't say for sure. Even if no leaked real photo's have ever come up for past console releases, there's nothing saying that this one can't be real either. This is the first time a Nintendo console has been leaked to this extent, is it not?

Everything involving pre-release leaks and rumors can be compared to Schrödinger's cat. Just as the cat is both alive and dead, these rumors are both true and false. Until the box is opened, figuratively and literally, we can't tell.

Besides, current rumors and previous examples show that at least the first two rumors are likely... The similar build to the 360 and Spotpass, respectively.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!