#21 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:57 AM

Well, the Wii U wasn't really meant to be unveiled at last E3, it was supposed to be about the 3DS, but then the rumours started and Nintendo was forced to put something together quickly, especially the Zelda Demo, that was made in a very short timespan.

#22 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

Well, the Wii U wasn't really meant to be unveiled at last E3, it was supposed to be about the 3DS, but then the rumours started and Nintendo was forced to put something together quickly, especially the Zelda Demo, that was made in a very short timespan.

^ This.

Upon watching the entire E3 2011 conference again, It seems like it was sorta rushed. The Wii U announcement was shockingly confusing, even amongst hardcore Nintendo fans, it had demos that seemed to be products that were 50% in production, and the games they showed to the audience that would be coming to the Wii U were incarnations of the 360 and PS3.
They did show off developer testimonies however, but that was probably because they already had dev kits a year prior to the Wii U's E3 announcment.

My guess is if Nintendo wasn't pressured with all the leaks flooding the Internet, then the 'real' revelation of the Wii U would have been this year, 2012.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#23 Ponkotsu

Ponkotsu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Opoona, Mother, Dragon Quest

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

This new conference was definitely worth the wait. Though they're being so vague about many of the Nintendo Network features, they really just whet my appetite for even more information now. Considering that Theatrhythm is out in only around a couple of weeks and is the first game to use it - new logo and all - and Dynasty Warriors VS is confirmed to be the next, and that drops in March, it'll be interesting to see just how soon Nintendo Network officially launches and when we're going to get more concrete details on the things Iwata was vague about, like user communication and so on. You would think that with the first games using it in its new incarnation dropping soon, we might be seeing at least some kind of rudimentary roll-out of the website itself beyond the 3D Photo Contest page in Japan, as well as the beginning of username registry and hardware linking with some new software. I suspect we'll see this sort of thing int he next big firmware update, whenever that drops this spring or summer, at any rate. Curious stuff - great to finally see the beginning of Nintendo's leap forward in online support. :)

As for the Wii U reveals, things like the Near Field Communication tech are very interesting, too - I'd never heard of that before myself. Some definite surprises in all this news - exciting year ahead. :)

#24 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:41 AM

Awesome news! There is so much of it! I'm really glad to hear the online is going to be pure awesomeness! And the NFC sounds very cool, the fact there would be buttons to press to sync your controller is much more convenient. And the 200 titles for the 3DS, just wow, thats a lot of new titles...
I'm excited for Nintendo and all I can say is GO NINTENDO! :laugh:

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#25 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

^ This.

Upon watching the entire E3 2011 conference again, It seems like it was sorta rushed. The Wii U announcement was shockingly confusing, even amongst hardcore Nintendo fans, it had demos that seemed to be products that were 50% in production, and the games they showed to the audience that would be coming to the Wii U were incarnations of the 360 and PS3.
They did show off developer testimonies however, but that was probably because they already had dev kits a year prior to the Wii U's E3 announcment.

My guess is if Nintendo wasn't pressured with all the leaks flooding the Internet, then the 'real' revelation of the Wii U would have been this year, 2012.

^This

I bet at E3 2011 they would of announced that there 8th gen console is in development and shed some details on it but would not shown the console or controller, and we would of not known about the name Wii U, so from what Nintendo said, E3 2012 will be the real showing of the Wii U (or what ever name they might change it to).

#26 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

This sounds amazing, but I'm still a bit confused about Nintendo Network. From the sounds of it, your account will only be tied to the Wii U, and 3DS will still use the current system. Kind of a dissapointment if that's what's happening, it would have been excusable last gen but now the Vita is going to have full functionality with PSN so it's a bit annoying. This also probably means that we won't see much other than the introduction of DLC and demos and such next month. I'm still hoping that Nintendo will update the 3DS's services to coincide with the Wii U launch though.

Posted Image

#27 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:39 AM

Holy carp...they are releasing the cracken now.DLc,multiple accounts..thank god Nintendo woke up..it's 2011
200 TITILES FOR 3DS..wow
Posted Image

#28 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

This sounds amazing, but I'm still a bit confused about Nintendo Network. From the sounds of it, your account will only be tied to the Wii U, and 3DS will still use the current system. Kind of a dissapointment if that's what's happening, it would have been excusable last gen but now the Vita is going to have full functionality with PSN so it's a bit annoying. This also probably means that we won't see much other than the introduction of DLC and demos and such next month. I'm still hoping that Nintendo will update the 3DS's services to coincide with the Wii U launch though.

Noooo, the 3DS is getting the new system, it's just one account per system on the 3DS (sort of like how the Vita has 1 PSN account per system), and the accounts can move consoles like the other systems.

#29 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

The Wii U is finally starting to redeem itself from it's shoddy unveiling. Whether Nintendo have finally got with the times and then some will be revealed at the next E3. Bring it on.

I think it was done on purpose.By not showing the actual console or any details about specks or first psrty stuff,iT'S BUILDING UP TO be this perfect console

touch screen
Motion control
buttons
Hardcore games
casual games
nintendo ip's
online system
Posted Image

#30 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:46 AM

Noooo, the 3DS is getting the new system, it's just one account per system on the 3DS (sort of like how the Vita has 1 PSN account per system), and the accounts can move consoles like the other systems.

Source for that? And if it is true, can I use the same account for both Wii U and 3DS?

Posted Image

#31 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

Holy carp...they are releasing the cracken now.DLc,multiple accounts..thank god Nintendo woke up..it's 2011
200 TITILES FOR 3DS..wow

Um...It's 2012.

#32 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

Maybe this is why the specs for the 3DS haven'y been released yet
I am very happy.
Posted Image

#33 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:09 PM

Source for that? And if it is true, can I use the same account for both Wii U and 3DS?

Well really, that's what I thought when they said that the Wii U and 3DS will both utilise Nintendo Network, it's probably not the case. But I wouldn't have thought they'd have left the 3DS out of that since it's using NN, it does only mention the Wii U though.

http://www.nintendo..../120127/05.html

Edited by Stulaw90, 27 January 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#34 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

Maybe they'll release a firmware update for it?

They did that for the 3D video, and Sony did that for their network, so it's not impossible.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#35 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

hopefully we get profiles for the 3ds it defeintly has a better online infrastructure than the wii and seems like the best platform that nintendo has right now to introduce the new nintendo network with all its amazing feature's

#36 o51enough

o51enough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

Posted Image

#37 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:37 AM

Posted Image

3D controller screen! :) That would be a SUPER controller if it had not only a touch screen but a 3D touch screen. I wish 3D screens were cheap, :( then we could have a 3D Wii U controller for real.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#38 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

3D controller screen! :) That would be a SUPER controller if it had not only a touch screen but a 3D touch screen. I wish 3D screens were cheap, :( then we could have a 3D Wii U controller for real.

Actually, it looks more like figures sitting on top of the screen (Ya know, the whole NFC thing?).
Posted Image

#39 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

Actually, it looks more like figures sitting on top of the screen (Ya know, the whole NFC thing?).

I was thinking that too.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#40 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Yeah, but it suppose to make it look like a 3D screen...

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!