#21 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

I think he means he's not going for uber realistic graphics, but more stylized ones like Mario or LoZ:SS.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#22 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

Yes and call me picky... But I want there to be a clear distinction between what my kids would play and what I would play. Nintendo use to be the leader in not only innovation but presentation. I would love to see that again.

nah let him do what he wants, he doesnt need to step outside of his comfort zone at all. there are other people in nintendo who are willing to make those games, worst comes to worst, the third parties make those games :D 3rd parties do it really well, we dont have to get everything from nintendo, 3rd parties need our support

Yes but sometimes you need to take risk and bring new high quality 1st party software in.... I know what third parties can do but at this point I'm curious to see what Nintendo will do.

#23 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

This topic is much better than the other one...
I think Miyamoto, the one who has been in the gaming industry for 35 years now, should know what he is talking about. He has made many hit games in the past, and I'm sure he going to do it again while staying in his comfort zone. Miyamoto is a smart and creative guy and when he makes a game it usually does good, relentless to what the graphics look like.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#24 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:48 AM

Yes but sometimes you need to take risk and bring new high quality 1st party software in.... I know what third parties can do but at this point I'm curious to see what Nintendo will do.

ok then you should look forward to the game being developed by former uncharted developer, former darksiders developer and former crytek employee who all recently got employed by nintendo :D
Posted Image

#25 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

ok then you should look forward to the game being developed by former uncharted developer, former darksiders developer and former crytek employee who all recently got employed by nintendo :D

Believe you me I am!!!!! I just hope Nintendo can "consistently" put out quality games that I can play late night in my room when the kids are sleep.i can play Mario, Zelda, with them.

#26 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

Believe you me I am!!!!! I just hope Nintendo can "consistently" put out quality games that I can play late night in my room when the kids are sleep.i can play Mario, Zelda, with them.

fair enough, i look forward to it too :)
Posted Image

#27 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:09 AM

I just hope they don't mean that we'll be getting Wii quality graphics on some Wii U games. If they just mean that they won't all be realistic, but will be 8th gen level, then I'm fine with it. But there's no reason for Nintendo not to put in the extra effort to make their games look good when the system is entirely capable of it.

Posted Image

#28 mootap

mootap

Blooper

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Miyamoto is always about gameplay and never really cares about graphics apart from the visual art style.Plus I highly doubt he's going to come up with a realistic looking game with an intense storyline that matches uncharted etc
Plus Nintendo only has about 4 or 5 franchises that really need Hd.All the others would be the same.We just need a hd zelda and a hd metroid and a hd and a dragons' guest game.
Anyways Myamoto's new ip will be heavily based on using the controll to it's potential therfore using the accelorometer,Gyryscope,camera etc
Posted Image

#29 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

Gameplay over graphics always, but If you have the power... why not use it, right? As long as graphics don't become the main focus. I'd like to see what LOZ would look like with in a finely detailed environment, or maybe even Mario... I couldn't even imagine what that would look like.

#30 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

Well he has done things his way quite a bit actually and I have no doubt that he will do a great job. I think that he will/may do something about swimming because Myamoto has been swimming lately (not a stalker I just found this on the web) and normally the activities that he does influences his projects and games. For an example Nintendogs was made because Myamoto got a dog and Pikmin was because of Myamoto's first gardening experience. So I think that it will be about whatever his current activities are. Also I would doubt the master. I think we should just let him alone and do his thing.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#31 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:06 PM

Well he has done things his way quite a bit actually and I have no doubt that he will do a great job. I think that he will/may do something about swimming because Myamoto has been swimming lately (not a stalker I just found this on the web) and normally the activities that he does influences his projects and games. For an example Nintendogs was made because Myamoto got a dog and Pikmin was because of Myamoto's first gardening experience. So I think that it will be about whatever his current activities are. Also I would doubt the master. I think we should just let him alone and do his thing.

WaveRace 1080?
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#32 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:17 PM

That's an interesting bit of knowledge, out of curiosity, what are your sources.
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#33 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

That's an interesting bit of knowledge, out of curiosity, what are your sources.

Nintendo.com on an Iwatta says it says it.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#34 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:21 AM

Man I've never been in so much doubt as a fan of his work. The hd market is totally different from handheld and casual market. I'm not saying he has to... But I would like to see Nintendo make a game that can revival the uncharted, bioshocks, mass effects, and skyrims of the world. I'm not sure if he alone can pull this off. He recently did an interview about how much he doesn't want to do the intense graphic games... He needs to understand that's what the wii u is a hd system. He needs to step outside of his comfort zone.

http://www.siliconer...g-nintendo-hit/

First of all this is Miaymoto....he knows what hes doing. 2nd Uncharted = Unchanged. Bioshock pretty decent game 1st was the best #2 sucked. Mass Effect good game. Skyrim LOL NO. Complete trash game. The idea of it was great but its more glitches then game.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#35 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

First of all this is Miaymoto....he knows what hes doing. 2nd Uncharted = Unchanged. Bioshock pretty decent game 1st was the best #2 sucked. Mass Effect good game. Skyrim LOL NO. Complete trash game. The idea of it was great but its more glitches then game.

Say what you will but uncharted series is easily the most praised new ip this gen mostly for its graphics. Nintendo use to be a company that was the leader in not only story telling and gameplay BUT graphics and presentation. So my point is very valid.... Can they reclaim that respect they had when the games had the gold seal of approval on them?????????????

#36 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

Say what you will but uncharted series is easily the most praised new ip this gen mostly for its graphics. Nintendo use to be a company that was the leader in not only story telling and gameplay BUT graphics and presentation. So my point is very valid.... Can they reclaim that respect they had when the games had the gold seal of approval on them?????????????

Nintendo is still good with graphics, they just haven't had the hardware to make anything truly amazing this gen. Look at Skyward Sword, it's easily the Wii's best game graphically and only came out last year. I see this as proof that the Big N hasn't lost any of it's talent when it comes to making games that both look AND play good. Question is, will they be willing to push the Wii U to it's limits when it comes out? The Zelda tech demo says yes, but can they keep that sort of thing up? I think if anyone is capable of showing that the Wii U is next gen, then it's Nintendo themselves. Third parties won't do it since they're still developing games around 360/PS3 hardware, it doesn't matter how good you can get a game like Skyrim or Battlefield 3 to look on the Wii U, it's simply NOT showing anywhere near the system's full power. I think Nintendo definitely needs to step in here from day one and show gamers and developers what their hardware can actually do. Games like Pikmin 3 and Retro's secret project which are likely coming at launch need to have truly outstanding graphics, so that 360 and PS3 owners will look at them and see that Nintendo is offering some real competition this time around. I know that Nintendo CAN do this, but with how they go on about "graphics don't matter", I have to wonder if they WILL do it?

Posted Image

#37 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

*sees thread title*
*thinks drugs*

I don't think anyone should worry about this.

Nintendo almost always has gameplay down as a winner.
Nintendo's choice of art style in their games is always good.
They know how to make a great game, and they almost always do.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#38 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Nintendo is still good with graphics, they just haven't had the hardware to make anything truly amazing this gen. Look at Skyward Sword, it's easily the Wii's best game graphically and only came out last year. I see this as proof that the Big N hasn't lost any of it's talent when it comes to making games that both look AND play good. Question is, will they be willing to push the Wii U to it's limits when it comes out? The Zelda tech demo says yes, but can they keep that sort of thing up? I think if anyone is capable of showing that the Wii U is next gen, then it's Nintendo themselves. Third parties won't do it since they're still developing games around 360/PS3 hardware, it doesn't matter how good you can get a game like Skyrim or Battlefield 3 to look on the Wii U, it's simply NOT showing anywhere near the system's full power. I think Nintendo definitely needs to step in here from day one and show gamers and developers what their hardware can actually do. Games like Pikmin 3 and Retro's secret project which are likely coming at launch need to have truly outstanding graphics, so that 360 and PS3 owners will look at them and see that Nintendo is offering some real competition this time around. I know that Nintendo CAN do this, but with how they go on about "graphics don't matter", I have to wonder if they WILL do it?

Hell no, Skyward Sword did not have the best graphics.

#39 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Yeah we will see.

Yeah we will see.

#40 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

GoldenEye 007
Masters Golf
MW3
Pes 2011
NBA 2k11
Smash Bros. Brawl
Twilight princess
New Super Mario bros
Super Mario Galaxy
Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles
The Last Story
Epic Mickey
Sonic Colors
Monster Hunter
Conduit
Dead Space
Okami

Those are some of the best. Skyward Sword is not the best but one of them. There is no best IMO, a lot are equal and most went to the max.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 07 February 2012 - 08:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!