#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=10922

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=172683

The original design had analog sticks and NOT slide pads, it was smaller and buttons where in different places.

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hmm this is interesting.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Fandom:
    Final Fantasy, RPGs, Nintendo, SE.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

I think I would have prefered analog sticks...

Posted Image

#4 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

The original seems better. Analog sticks FTW.

#5 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

The original seems better. Analog sticks FTW.

I'm in complete agreement with you over this. CP's work on Handhelds. Not so much on consoles.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#6 Wix

Wix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Assassin's Creed

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

The original design's size and sticks are much better. Glad they changed the position of those buttons, though.

i sold my brain on ebay

wob wob wob wob

i still love marina :'(

#7 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

I wonder why NIntendo went with the other design at E3.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

cant wait for the final design, every time i see the current one i immediately think "meaningless, the final one might be completely different"
Posted Image

#9 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

I think I would have prefered analog sticks...

Miyamoto said they're using high-quality slide pads, much better than ones on 3DS

Edited by Stewox, 26 February 2012 - 02:07 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

circle pads are much better and much more responsive for all types of games. with the way you have to hold the controller the analog sticks just wouldn't work. Im glad they put the circle pads on because they are much more comfortable. i think they need to add some grip to the CP's though if they are like the 3ds's CPs. I hate when people complain about the circle pads. if you have used them alot on 3ds you will understand why i like them so much.

Signature_Fox.png

#11 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

The new ones design is better in all ways except some button placement analog sticks and size.

#12 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

I really like that concept design. The current one is perfectly fine, but I would be glad if they decided to use the "older" verion with analog sticks and grips instead.

#13 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

I like the new one better. It just seems like the button placement is better for someone with small hands like me. Also, I don't really care about the analog sticks becoming circle pads. Depending on the game, each one has its pros and cons.

Though it would be pretty sick if they put circle pads above the buttons in addition to analog sticks below the buttons.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#14 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

I wonder why NIntendo went with the other design at E3.

Never show your entire hand.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#15 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:04 PM

I dunno. It's possible that the circle pads may be a better choice over analog sticks for reasons we may not be thinking about. Obviously, Nintendo is completely aware of analog sticks, as they're pretty much the first company to introduce them to the console gaming community.

Circle pads for 3DS makes perfect sense... you get to close your 3DS because of it,

but since this controller doesn't need to be closed, they must have chosen them for a different reason.
Perhaps they feel that this design allows for more intricate control when gaming?
I've found that sometimes, when I play other systems with analog sticks and I'm really into the game, my thumb can shift out of place and I'll have to reposition which takes me out of the game for a crucial second or two. Maybe these circle pads are the remedy for things like that? I dunno. Whatever the final design is, I'm confident it will come with a 'Nintendo Seal of Quality' mark, which says a lot in itself.

But I would like to see some analog triggers on the back or at least some sort of pressure sensitivity. If not, what are we gonna do about our racing games?

Edited by dagwood dang, 26 February 2012 - 07:06 PM.

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:07 AM

I think they switched to circle pads to save money and make the screen bigger.
And they had just spent a lot of money R&Ding them for the 3DS, so felt like using them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

I think they switched to circle pads to save money and make the screen bigger.

........rather than saving money I think they just wanted to be different; and because of the 3DS' Circle Pad familiarity.

Also, I would rather circle pads as I have come to notice how comfortable they are to use in long periods of time in comparison to analogue sticks.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#18 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

I tink it's a thing people will need to get used to, so i don't expect circle pads to work great at start, my hands are totally used to GCN controller
Posted Image

#19 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:34 AM

I don't like the circle pads on the 3DS because I can feel the elastic inside pulling back when I move it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#20 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

As I see it, Nintendo is making the decision to change it to circle pads because it is a better choice.We really don't have much say in what the controller should be like, because, most of us (I don't if anyone did) didn't go to E3 and use that controller, we have just seen videos and pictures of it. But not once have we touched that controller. For all we know the circle pads could very different from the 3DS one and could have a completely different feel. The circle pads may be better than a joy stick. Unlike us, the people at Nintendo have used that controller, and I'm sure they used both models of it. They probably did tests with both versions of the controller and decided one was better than the other. They are the ones that truely know what is better, so they made their choice and now we will have to wait see if we like it. I wouldn't doubt the choice Nintendo made with this, they are a very smart company. People probably thought the Wii was crazy decision, with being less powerful and all, but look how that turned out, I know it has slowed in sales recently, but for a while there it was a record selling system. Same with the Wii U's controller. It may seem odd to use those circle pads, but in the end they may be something completely different.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!