29 replies to this topic

#1 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 08:35 PM.

#2 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

I never was a fan of the thought of virtual reality gaming. Just imagine all the negative social side-effects.....

Edited by Joshua, 21 March 2012 - 03:52 AM.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#3 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:38 AM

This is one of those things you don't want to be caught playing by your friends specially since Microsoft doesn't have good designers.

LordPickleton.png

#4 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

Well it seems interesting, although what I get from it is more of a 3D display, rather than VR.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#5 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Glasses free 3D or holograms are the way to go in my opinion. we need to get rid of using glasses or we could send the images in to our brain, but that will just make us crazy not being able to tell reality apart.

LordPickleton.png

#6 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

This is totally just some stupid gimmick. Grrrrraaarrrggghhhh! :angry:

LOL, just kidding. It is interesting that they patented something like this. To the best of my knowledge, this would definitively be something new and unique if it was used.

Now I must go take a shower as using the word "gimmick" makes me feel all dirty and gross.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#7 Transparent_lfe

Transparent_lfe

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

Didn't Sony just come out with something like this a few weeks back that you can actually hook up to any device and it's like watching a 152in screen or something like that. Sorry if my info is a little off, i seen it on AOTS.. will look for a link

found a link to what i was talking about...sorry if they are not the same

http://www.g4tv.com/...-viewer-review/

Edited by Transparent_lfe, 21 March 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:18 AM

I'd buy this.
It removes the silliness of 3DTV's buying a TV, then only being able to view 3D with add-on glasses.
Why even bother with the TV? So TV manufacturers can keep charging us more based on inches.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

It seems cool but I would be worry of Eye strain playing it too long since the screen will be right in your face literally.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 21 March 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#10 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

What I want are haptic (tangible) holograms like those seen in Mass Effect. Sure our technology isn't up to that stage yet but a man can dream. :)

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:19 AM

I'd buy this.

Seeing as I've always wanted a Gaming Helmet since I was 5.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

it is one step closer but i dont think we will see virtual reality until about 2025

#13 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

This would be able to display 3D if done right. It'd be awesome.
Not buying it anyways. It looks ridiculous and by using this you can only see the game which is in my opinion a bit dangerous...

Anyways, great idea Microsoft!

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

This would be able to display 3D if done right. It'd be awesome.
Not buying it anyways. It looks ridiculous and by using this you can only see the game which is in my opinion a bit dangerous...

Anyways, great idea Microsoft!

The design actually allows you to see the real world in the peripheral of your sight.
I think it puts it like... You're arms length from a 20 inch TV... or something like that.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Mii

Mii

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    Minecraft

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

That sucks. You won't be able to move your head, have to project it 90°, won't be able to feature 3DS type of 3Dsf, and you,ll probably have to put a cable in your helmet.

Now they lost me...

#16 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

That sucks. You won't be able to move your head, have to project it 90°, won't be able to feature 3DS type of 3Dsf, and you,ll probably have to put a cable in your helmet.

Now they lost me...

What? You can still move your head. And btw it's better than the 3DS type of 3D - and if the Wii U tablet can stream detailed content from the console, then I'm pretty sure this device can handle that too.
It sounds to me like you're just looking for the opportunity to say something negative about a non-Nintendo company...

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

What? You can still move your head. And btw it's better than the 3DS type of 3D - and if the Wii U tablet can stream detailed content from the console, then I'm pretty sure this device can handle that too.
It sounds to me like you're just looking for the opportunity to say something negative about a non-Nintendo company...

I wouldn't say better, I'd say the same.

But I agree with your latter point.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

I dont think that was the point .... im pretty sure Mii was saying that he didnt like it thats all. i dont think its that great of an idea either. this stuff has pretty much been done before it's not that special imo.

Signature_Fox.png

#19 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

I wouldn't say better, I'd say the same.

But I agree with your latter point.

By better I meant slightly better - I think the quality of the 3D will be the same, but you won't have to keep your head locked in the same position as much as you do with the 3DS :)

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Viritual Boy HD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!