32 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

B3D dude supposedly in the know has this to say about Retro :

" Btw bgassasin, tell those maniacs in the in Gaf thread that Retro is definitely not working a next-gen DK. They are aggressively targeting the XBOX/PS3 demographic."

"I referenced Retro, bgassassin, because their project is for the "broader" demographic. It is not DK, LOZ, nor MP. It is extremely visually impressive, or so I am told. "

Looks like Nintendo want it's own kind of Halo and Killzone.

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Oh god, my mouth is watering at the idea of Retro making a Nintendo-exclusive FPS for Wii U... It'd be an extremely good move for Nintendo IMO. With Halo 4 likely hitting around the same time as the Wii U's launch, a game like this might actually be able to dent it's sales numbers and convince 360/PS3 gamers to jump ship.

Of course, no one's saying it has to be an FPS. An "extremely visually impressive" hardcore title could also refer to either Raven Blade or F-Zero. Star Fox is looking kind of unlikely unless it's going to be some kind of gritty reboot.. which could be interesting.

Posted Image

#3 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:41 AM

They are aggressively targeting the XBOX/PS3 demographic."

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is terrible, HORRIBLE! What will we ever do?!?!?!?

Extremely over dramatic freaking out aside, this could have positive and negative implications for me. On the positive side, it means that they are putting lots of effort into making this game great. On the negative side, this means that they could be making an uninteresting game. If I wanted an XBox/PS3 game, I would get a XBox/PS3. I'm hoping that this game will still have that Nintendo feel.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#4 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is terrible, HORRIBLE! What will we ever do?!?!?!?

Extremely over dramatic freaking out aside, this could have positive and negative implications for me. On the positive side, it means that they are putting lots of effort into making this game great. On the negative side, this means that they could be making an uninteresting game. If I wanted an XBox/PS3 game, I would get a XBox/PS3. I'm hoping that this game will still have that Nintendo feel.

It's by Retro. It will have the Nintendo feel, because Creativity flows through they're veins. As long as it's not a cut and paste FPS, it'll be fine.
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#5 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Mua Ha Ha Ha ha, I think I will go visit Retro Studios during the Summer or on my B-day since I live in Houston. Does PS3/360 style mean "Harcore"........I'll just wait for E3.

Edited by Cerberuz, 22 March 2012 - 12:49 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Just because it appeals to Modern Warfare and Halo players doesn't mean it won't be interesting.
And if Nintendo can give you a PS3 or Xbox360 game, why waste 200 euro buying another console?

Mua Ha Ha Ha ha, I think I will go visit Retro Studios during the Summer or on my B-day since I live in Houston. Does PS3/360 style mean "Harcore"........I'll just wait for E3.

I think the wording being "xbox360/ps3 demographic" implies "hardcore" (FPS).
People often mistakenly type "hardcore" instead of "FPS", it's such a common type-o.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

I think the wording being "xbox360/ps3 demographic" implies "hardcore" (FPS).
People often mistakenly type "hardcore" instead of "FPS", it's such a common type-o.

I would rather have a game like Infamous instead of another Third Person shooter or First person shooter like Gears of War, Halo, Uncharted, and Killzone. I vote for no shooters I already have enough.

LordPickleton.png

#8 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

All I know about Retro's project is that they are doing something fans are asking for.

And that they are doing it awesomely.

With devs from other companies, one of which is saying 'crowning achievement'.

The whole 'aggressively targeting PS360 chums is so not out of place.

If the game is gritty, all the better. Gamers out there will realise, if not already, that Nintendo is being more serious than Sam.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

'crowning achievement'.

Let's speculate on why they'd say "crowning" "achievement"!

What would we want Retro to do, which could involve crowns?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

What would we want Retro to do, which could involve crowns?

A crown on an adventure to find a king in the magical land of HappyTown!

#11 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

Am I the only one thinking King K. Rool?

LordPickleton.png

#12 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Guy's not all FPS's have to be lame,generic and boring. Take a look at Bioshock, that game has a amazing story, awesome graphics and is creative. I believe if Retro made a FPS it would be the best ever made,. in my opinion. <_<

Edited by Chinomanila, 23 March 2012 - 02:54 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Transparent_lfe

Transparent_lfe

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Retro somehow bought the rights to Mega Man and made a FPS out of it....hahaha

#14 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

This could mean many things, and whats so special about this B3D dude guy? He could mean there is a much darker game in development than the average retro studios game.It doesn't even have to be a shooter. Also i especially don't understand this idea where 360 and ps3 is just about shooters cause they are not. i understand there is a lot of shovelware in the shooter department but this could apply to wii too , so when nintendo fans ( I am one) say "shooters are stupid wii is better" kind of thing it really annoys me considering shooters on wii are far superior experiences than on the other consoles even though those are good too. 360 and ps3 have some deep games besides shooters (mainly rpg's). im no xbox or ps3 fan like i am with nintendo but they are generally good companys also and i don't think they deserve that bad rap.

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 23 March 2012 - 01:01 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

bgassassin on neogaf is p. clever/connected, and that's the guy who shared the B3D fellow's comments.

Anyway, here's the B3D Thread. Specifically the comment after bgassassin posted his comment on Neogaf.
http://forum.beyond3...1&postcount=812

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

bgassassin on neogaf is p. clever/connected, and that's the guy who shared the B3D fellow's comments.

Anyway, here's the B3D Thread. Specifically the comment after bgassassin posted his comment on Neogaf.
http://forum.beyond3...1&postcount=812

Outside of Monolith Soft, no other development house is currently capable of reaching this audience. (sans EAD's Software Group No.3)

Monolith Soft are of course the Xenoblade devs, and EAD 3 are the Zelda team... I may be looking into it a bit too much here, but that sounds like it's pointing towards something RPGish. Either Raven Blade or some kind of entirely new IP. Either way, exciting stuff!

Edited by Deadly Virus, 23 March 2012 - 02:08 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

My guess is an Action Adventure game, ala tomb raider, uncharted, darksiders, etc.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Nice :)
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#19 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

This is how some shooters are starting to look in my eyes.

LordPickleton.png

#20 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

This is how some shooters are starting to look in my eyes.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eE_msAKWdOs

Maybe you should play better shooters if you dont like call of duty or games like it why even bothering paying attention to them. there are plenty of good shooters out to play and they dont all have to be generic fps games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!