Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

http://www.gamereact...rs+II-intervju/

At (2:00)

"So far the hardware been on par with current generation"

I don't know if he's talking about the Upad since he was just talking about that before he said the hardware comment but what do you think of this?

They did confirm before that it will be just as good as the PC I doubt they made it weaker (PLEASE NINTENDO DON'T DO THAT!), but anyway what do you think?

Edit: This is what they said in Augest

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/darksiders_2/news/darksiders_dev_praises_power_of_wii_u.html

"Yeah, just because the hardware is more powerful and it will have some extra features that I think will actually be useful to people playing the game. With it's controller, [the Wii U version of Darksiders II] might be the best version of the game."

So I'm think either he did not really see it and someone told him that or he's talking about the touchscreen.

Edited by Meelow100, 23 March 2012 - 02:48 AM.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

Hmm, I don't think we've received enough concrete info ourselves to be able to tell.

Of course, I don't think Nintendo is aiming to have a system that's 'on par' with the PS360 if this is their attempt to reclaim their long lost 'hardcore'
audience.

I do believe it was a reference to the controller itself, in what it's capable of doing on it's own versus the PS3/Xbox 360.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:26 AM

Hopefully that "on par with current gen" was directed toward the controller rather than the console.
If it was otherwise, that statement would contradict the various others that we have already heard.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:27 AM

Kind of worrying, but it does sound like he might have been referring to the controller. I don't think Nintendo would be shortsighted enough to only make a 360/PS3 level system when the next gen is just around the corner, they know that underpowered hardware was the main reason for losing so much support with the Wii. Besides, all evidence seems to point towards Wii U being significantly more powerful than current gen consoles. I don't know about you guys, but I still think the Zelda HD and Japanese garden tech demos looked absolutely amazing...

Posted Image

#5 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:11 AM

Quite obviously he was talking about the Wii U itself, but there's nothing to worry about so far. What we do know is that the console will be powerful enough to impress us with great visuals in true HD. All the details should be unveiled at E3 this June.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#6 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

See this is my problem. Everyone is getting excited that these 3rd party games are coming to wii u. Are the developers really going to Put in the time to make the game look next gen or just slightly better than ps360 versions. I don't think they will and that's what he was saying. The game from a visual standpoint is on par with other version. IMO that's what he meant.... SAD if true.

#7 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

See this is my problem. Everyone is getting excited that these 3rd party games are coming to wii u. Are the developers really going to Put in the time to make the game look next gen or just slightly better than ps360 versions. I don't think they will and that's what he was saying. The game from a visual standpoint is on par with other version. IMO that's what he meant.... SAD if true.

Personally I don't mind if the third parties don't think it's next gen, since I think at this point there's no better dev than Nintendo to show us what the Wii U can do. If they come out at E3 with a bunch of awesome games with cutting edge graphics that blow PS3 and 360 out of the water, I think they could even change third parties' minds about their console. Luckily I'm not really worried about this. Seriously guys, just look at what they showed in 2011. If that's not AT LEAST half way towards next gen graphics, I don't know what is.

Trust me, when we see what actual GAMES can do on Wii U hardware, no one will be in doubt that it's a next gen machine.

Posted Image

#8 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

We will see

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

He clearly said "the hardware is on par with current generations", they're not up-resing it, they're not adding any additional graphics at all.
They're just adding controller mechanics to it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

Exactly! That's why I'm getting games built from the ground up.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

True no third party is going to bother adding effect only for a console they haven't gotten a release date for yet, but I think he was speaking from a hardware standpoint.
He's just a director, he doesn't work with the hardware in any real way, but he has friends in his own company who do no doubt, so all he's heard are probably "3GHz" "720p" etc.
So while he's saying the hardware is on par with ps360, he's:
1. third party
2. secondhand information
3. not a hardware person

Personally, I don't see where people pull this crap about nintendo going after the "long lost hardcore", they're aiming for a console which will compete with current hardware, and attract a high number of sales by being the cheapest.
They want to repeat the Wii, imo.

You might be thinking "Oh no! not the Wii again!"
But it's different now, the resolution isn't going up anytime soon, tessellation is in there, arguably the biggest "next gen" feature, it'll have a decent network, 25GB discs, USB hard drive, etc. etc. etc.
They learned some key things to change, but their goal is to repeat the success of the Wii.
I don't see the casuals buying into Nintendo again, but who knows. If they're the cheapest, they will.

Edited by Nollog, 23 March 2012 - 10:49 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

I hope you are wrong

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Read my edit.
I don't see a problem with Wii 2.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

I'm thinking he's talking about the controller or the game, it's possible he might have old dev kits because he said "so far" and that they said in Augest the Wii U is much more powerful then current HD consoles, he also might not know about tech as much and someone said that.

#15 Hoodbury

Hoodbury

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, CoD

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

PS4 and NextBox won't up the resolution, but if they up the RAM amount to be much higher than the Wii-U then that could make for another Wii scenario where the Wii-U won't be able to get the same multi Plat games as those two due to not being up to power.

If developers are going to start making games with higher poly counts and more moving pieces that the Wii-U wouldn't be able to handle, then we won't get those ports.

The Wii-U just has to be strong enough, it doesn't have to be as strong as the other two.

#16 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

That guy doesnt know much about the hardware obviously. Plus other devs have said otherwise and ds2 is just going to pretty much aport for every console besides 360 because they are probably just being lazy with the hardware

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 23 March 2012 - 11:42 AM.

Signature_Fox.png

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

http://www.gameswelt...er_Konsole.html
Yesterday the Art Director for the game said "I can't really divulge any details, but it looks really good on the Wii U. Our developers are working with vigour and it will be really cool."

This is their video interview.
http://www.gameswelt...d-version-.html
At 7 minutes he gives the above speel in non-translated English.

I think he's coming more from the Art side, rather than talking about hardware though.
Don't be mad they're not making the game look better on Wii U, it'll still look good.

Edited by Nollog, 23 March 2012 - 11:46 AM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

That guy doesnt know much about the hardware obviously. Plus other devs have said otherwise and ds2 is just going to pretty much aport for every console besides 360 because

Oh no! you died on us.

LordPickleton.png

#19 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

http://www.gameswelt...er_Konsole.html
Yesterday the Art Director for the game said "I can't really divulge any details, but it looks really good on the Wii U. Our developers are working with vigour and it will be really cool."

This is their video interview.
http://www.gameswelt...d-version-.html
At 7 minutes he gives the above speel in non-translated English.

I think he's coming more from the Art side, rather than talking about hardware though.
Don't be mad they're not making the game look better on Wii U, it'll still look good.

Nice, I find it weird though that he called it the Wii 2, second time I heard that from a dev today (or maybe it was the same person).

#20 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Oh no! you died on us.

no i just edited my post. the ipod touch isnt so great for typing fast :P

Signature_Fox.png

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!