Photo

Silicon Knights working "On IP that's are most requested" for next Gen.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

Acclaimed games designer Denis Dyack has announced that his development team over at Silicon Knights are currently working on one of their most requested IP’s for next generation consoles. Dyack is probably most fondly remembered for Eternal Darkness and the Legacy of Kain series. Hopefully we should hear more about his project at E3 in June.

“Bottom-line, and this is pretty public, we went through hell last generation by trying to adopt the Unreal Engine. It hurt us so dramatically that it affected us a lot, all the way through. You know, we’re hoping to fix that this gen. We’ve suffered a lot, that’s all I can say,” Dyack continued.
Interestingly, he refers to last generation and “this gen” because Silicon Knights has already moved on to new consoles. Dyack’s not ready to talk about the next-gen project, but given his comments on Eternal Darkness recently, we have a strong suspicion that Silicon Knights is actually working on the fan favorite.
“We’re really excited and we’re working on our next generation stuff. We’re working on an IP that’s our most requested and we’re really excited about that.”
“We’re smaller, obviously,” he said referring to layoffs, “and we’re going back to our roots. I’m really looking forward to a point in time when we can talk about it, it’s just not today. That’s the current state of things. I think the state of our demise has been greatly exaggerated. Here we are. We’re here.”

Do you guy's think it is Eternal Darkness 2?
Posted Image

#2 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Acclaimed games designer Denis Dyack has announced that his development team over at Silicon Knights are currently working on one of their most requested IP’s for next generation consoles. Dyack is probably most fondly remembered for Eternal Darkness and the Legacy of Kain series. Hopefully we should hear more about his project at E3 in June.

“Bottom-line, and this is pretty public, we went through hell last generation by trying to adopt the Unreal Engine. It hurt us so dramatically that it affected us a lot, all the way through. You know, we’re hoping to fix that this gen. We’ve suffered a lot, that’s all I can say,” Dyack continued.
Interestingly, he refers to last generation and “this gen” because Silicon Knights has already moved on to new consoles. Dyack’s not ready to talk about the next-gen project, but given his comments on Eternal Darkness recently, we have a strong suspicion that Silicon Knights is actually working on the fan favorite.
“We’re really excited and we’re working on our next generation stuff. We’re working on an IP that’s our most requested and we’re really excited about that.”
“We’re smaller, obviously,” he said referring to layoffs, “and we’re going back to our roots. I’m really looking forward to a point in time when we can talk about it, it’s just not today. That’s the current state of things. I think the state of our demise has been greatly exaggerated. Here we are. We’re here.”

Do you guy's think it is Eternal Darkness 2?

Hopefully!.

#3 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Seems like ED2 is practically confirmed at this point. Luckily Nintendo owns the IP entirely as far as I'm aware, so we don't have to worry about Silicon Knights running off to make it 720/PS4 exclusive. ^_^

Posted Image

#4 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

is Eternal Darkness the GameCube horror game? The one that i thought was exclusivly made BY Nintendo? If so id like to see that on WiiU... that'd be cool.
Posted Image

#5 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

i saw this on mynintendonews and i was like AWESOME because i missed out on eternal darkness 1 and it looks really fun . :)

Signature_Fox.png

#6 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

If it is Eternal Darkness they are doing, we can check mark it off from the possible Retros Studio's next game list.
Posted Image

#7 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

If it is Eternal Darkness they are doing, we can check mark it off from the possible Retros Studio's next game list.

Thank goodness!

#8 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

Awww yeah!
About time they "Confirmed" It.
Then again... It might be another game, we can never be too sure.
Posted Image

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

yah you have a point there

Signature_Fox.png

#10 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hah ED.

#11 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Beside me, who else played ED1

#12 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:41 PM

Beside me, who else played ED1

I has. Thrilling game it was. Gave me a few good frights.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#13 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Can't wait to hear more info!

#14 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

I have played the original ED and I can't wait to see what SK IS doing.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#15 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

I have played the original ED and I can't wait to see what SK IS doing.

so many things they could add now that they have the tablet controller. i wonder what effects the ssanity meter will have now

#16 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yea I have no idea. They would have raise the stakes. Do something new. But I don't know what that would be or look like.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#17 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hah ED.

Lol that's perverted.

#18 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Lol that's perverted.

did you just quote yourself......wow ok. anyway now that i think about it this game will probably look amazing considering its been two generations since the last drop and it will most likely be exclusive.

Edited by Mr ECHO3, 31 March 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

did you just quote yourself......wow ok. anyway now that i think about it this game will probably look amazing considering its been two generations since the last drop and it will most likely be exclusive.

Yes, I never quoted my self and I wanted to see if I get a Not.

#20 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Honestly ED was so scary that I used to hate it... which means, it was excellent!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!