#42 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Say this rumor is true, than the other rumor about the Nextbox being 20% more powerful than the Wii U will actually make the Nextbox not that powerful, so they are also making their console look bad.

Edited by Cerberuz, 03 April 2012 - 09:17 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#43 djlewe78

djlewe78

Blooper

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

What everway u look at this, its bad press for the wii u, and may even make people think its just gona be another underpowered console like the wii was. Im a nintendo fan and have a 3ds and wii and ive been really looking forward to hd nintendo gaming as well as being able to play games from devs that would have never entertained a nintendo console. Now i cant help feeling that as soon as the next box n ps4 comes out are we just going to be left with shovelware and more mario games as the devs will only be able to make big titles for consoles that can handle them. I hope its all bull crp but i hope nintendo really do want 3rd party devs making the top titles for wiiu, but the only way its gonna happpen is if this rumours not true. For the sake of an extra 50-100 pounds more is it worth cutting corners?

#44 Medu

Medu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

What everway u look at this, its bad press for the wii u, and may even make people think its just gona be another underpowered console like the wii was. Im a nintendo fan and have a 3ds and wii and ive been really looking forward to hd nintendo gaming as well as being able to play games from devs that would have never entertained a nintendo console. Now i cant help feeling that as soon as the next box n ps4 comes out are we just going to be left with shovelware and more mario games as the devs will only be able to make big titles for consoles that can handle them. I hope its all bull crp but i hope nintendo really do want 3rd party devs making the top titles for wiiu, but the only way its gonna happpen is if this rumours not true. For the sake of an extra 50-100 pounds more is it worth cutting corners?

When you plan to sell ~50m units $50 a machine is MASSIVE. Not only that but a more powerful machine requires bigger budgets which is one of the reasons that the next gen won't be a massive step as dev's wouldn't be able to afford to make use of it.
I tried to warn ye months ago that Wii U wouldn't be anywhere near 3-5 times more powerful the PS360- it just wasn't going to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!