#21 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

1. We probably don't know too much about the games being shown @ E3, excetpt for the ones they've hinted at (Darkstalkers 2, Pikmin 3, etc.).
Anything could be shown, really. A new F-Zero is still a possibility.

2. Nintendo probably won't talk too much about specs, since that's not they're style.

I hope that once these Wii U games start popping up, we won't harp as much on these specs.
I've been guilty of obsessing over the rumors myself, but I'm trying to get back to how I was before the Ninty graphics hype.

We already know the games will look good (although, I would like to see more HD action. I'm not gonna lie),
but more importantly, we know that many Devs are supporting, and claim it's fairly easy to develop for. That's big.

It sounds very good but I've heard so many times "the Wii U is easy to develop for, so it's as powerful as the 360". I hope this is a wrong reasoning. Could you tell me if it's right or not?
Posted Image

#22 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

It sounds very good but I've heard so many times "the Wii U is easy to develop for, so it's as powerful as the 360". I hope this is a wrong reasoning. Could you tell me if it's right or not?

That is very wrong reasoning, that just mean they have a familiar architecture that will make it easier for devs to use the systems power
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#23 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

1. Being that the 1st party offerings we've seen so far have been pretty slim, I would certainly bet on some big announcements/reveals at E3. Nintendo has historically been pretty good at keeping quiet about big projects (with some notable slips, as mentioned above).

2. As everyone else says, it's very unlikely. Announcing the specs creates a centrifugal force, propelling people away from the tightly-controllable presentations and hyped-up game teasers at the conference as they run off to coldly prophesy/calculate the system's potential in terms of numerical values on their own. Nintendo wants to coax and guide your thought process and your expectations through engagement with their experiences, helping you to see their project as they envision it; not turn you loose to spiral down into the paranoia of a tech-based inferiority complex. I mean, have you heard some of the crazy-unrealistic hopes that people have for this tech? No console could live up to these expectations in terms of raw power...

#24 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Just because the Wii U is easy to develop for it's does not mean it's on par with the 360, the PS3 was really hard to develop for in it's first few years, that's why in 2006-2008 the Wii seemed like it had better 3rd party support then the PS3, and then eventully the devs figured it out, if Nintendo works it right the Wii U can be 5x+ more powerful then current gen and be really easy to develop for which could bring it as much 3rd party support as Microsoft is getting.

#25 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

That is very wrong reasoning, that just mean they have a familiar architecture that will make it easier for devs to use the systems power

Ah better like that. You know haters have more influence than lovers. As soon as they say carp crap the whole world is covered in diarrhea (pretty sure I spelled it wrong)

1. Being that the 1st party offerings we've seen so far have been pretty slim, I would certainly bet on some big announcements/reveals at E3. Nintendo has historically been pretty good at keeping quiet about big projects (with some notable slips, as mentioned above).

2. As everyone else says, it's very unlikely. Announcing the specs creates a centrifugal force, propelling people away from the tightly-controllable presentations and hyped-up game teasers at the conference as they run off to coldly prophesy/calculate the system's potential in terms of numerical values on their own. Nintendo wants to coax and guide your thought process and your expectations through engagement with their experiences, helping you to see their project as they envision it; not turn you loose to spiral down into the paranoia of a tech-based inferiority complex. I mean, have you heard some of the crazy-unrealistic hopes that people have for this tech? No console could live up to these expectations in terms of raw power...

Just because the Wii U is easy to develop for it's does not mean it's on par with the 360, the PS3 was really hard to develop for in it's first few years, that's why in 2006-2008 the Wii seemed like it had better 3rd party support then the PS3, and then eventully the devs figured it out, if Nintendo works it right the Wii U can be 5x+ more powerful then current gen and be really easy to develop for which could bring it as much 3rd party support as Microsoft is getting.

1. Wow man I cant handle my excitement concerning e3 anymore!
2. They know what they're doing, that's for sure.

yeah exactly: "

Nintendo is legendary for its secrecy. While many announcements from its rivals often leak ahead of their E3 presentations, it’s rare to see Nintendo’s big projects before the company is ready to unveil them. This is all thanks to Nintendo’s tight security — even its own core employees operate on a need-to-know basis."

http://www.wired.com...rio-zelda/all/1
Posted Image

#26 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

Ah better like that. You know haters have more influence than lovers. As soon as they say carp crap the whole world is covered in diarrhea (pretty sure I spelled it wrong)

1. Wow man I cant handle my excitement concerning e3 anymore!
2. They know what they're doing, that's for sure.

yeah exactly: "

Nintendo is legendary for its secrecy. While many announcements from its rivals often leak ahead of their E3 presentations, it’s rare to see Nintendo’s big projects before the company is ready to unveil them. This is all thanks to Nintendo’s tight security — even its own core employees operate on a need-to-know basis."

http://www.wired.com...rio-zelda/all/1

Yeah It's shocking that the Producer of Mario did not even know about the Wii U until Nintendo confirmed it, also Halo 4 leaked right before Microsoft's E3 2011 press conference.

Edited by Meelow100, 13 April 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#27 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Yeah It's shocking that the Producer of Mario did not even know about the Wii U until Nintendo confirmed it, also Halo 4 leaked right before Microsoft's E3 2011 press conference.

LOL Ninty is so serious with that stuff. They're just so professional.
Posted Image

#28 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

LOL Ninty is so serious with that stuff. They're just so professional.

^This

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!