Photo

To Capture the Gaming Enthusiast, Nintendo Needs Games that...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

Wii U is already getting some of the franchises I like (Metro: Last Light, Aliens...). If they could get some more shooter games (That are actually fun, and not Call of Duty) then I'd be happy.

Posted Image

#22 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

Quote:
This is what Nintendo posted after E3 2011.

Regarding your analysis that cooperation with third-party software developers didn't go as well for Wii as it went for Nintendo DS, there actually are some arguments which attribute the reason to the system’s "performance," but in terms of "performance," Nintendo DS did not overwhelm other devices by its performance. However, it proposed what other devices could not, and that value was recognized, and as a result the software sold well, which is the most important point. Unfortunately, there are very few success stories of third-party software in Japan on Wii. This lowered the motivation of the software developers, and at a time when these software developers should have been running their businesses on the platform with the biggest installed base, this wasn't the reality. On the contrary, in the U.S., several titles sold well. Not only "JUST DANCE," which I introduced today, but for some titles, such as "Guitar Hero," even if the titles were released for multiple platforms, the Wii version sold the most, and in such a situation, the developers did not completely lose motivation for development on Wii. However, Wii is good in some areas but not in others, so especially for games like "Call of Duty," the Wii version sold pretty well, but the unit sales were very different from the versions of other platforms, and I assume that one of the reasons is the issue with the graphical representations which you mentioned before, and also, the consumers who like that kind of game will have other platforms at home as well, which led to this result. Of course, we would like to cooperate with software developers for Wii's successor, and as I am repeatedly saying, I don't believe Nintendo can carry out everything alone. I am saying that we are responsible for building up the market, but I don't think that Nintendo can maintain the market alone; We are aiming for creating a situation where software publishers will be willing to cooperate.

http://www.nintendo.....0629qa/02.html

Quote:
However, I do not think that the Wii U will be in widespread use all over the world only with Nintendo software. Currently, in the western countries especially, war-themed gun-shooting games, which are not well-received in Japan, are very popular. It is a reality that some of these games sell 10 million units per year in those markets, and this is one valid type of video game genre. I would personally feel sad if all video games became something like that, but on the other hand, I do not think such games should disappear. Both (Nintendo software for everyone and gun-shooting games) are video games, so our aim for the Wii U is for it to be a console where various people can enjoy what they want to enjoy at their own discretion. Therefore, we have been talking to major overseas software publishers who are good at developing such games, and through our communication, we have received very positive comments from them (on the development on the Wii U). So we believe such software publishers will proactively develop software for the Wii U, and we think we can dispel the concerns you mentioned earlier by the time of its launch.

Amazing piece of info. It's very encouraging! Just hope they do it right and don't think "if we make it just slightly more powerful than PS360 it will be fine" but actually think AHEAD a few years so when other new consoles are released it will still be relevant (which is what that one developer said right?) and we will get most third party games.

Edited by Keviin, 15 April 2012 - 08:02 AM.

No sig.

#23 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm not a fan of that Genre so duh I haven't played most of them I don't see why this is such a big deal but if you wan't to know these are the sports games I played.(not sure if I get the names right been so long with some of these),
Sega sports NFL 2k (dreamcast)
Sega sports NFL 2k1(dreamcast)
Sega sports NHL 2k1(dreamcast)
Sega sports KHl 2k(dreamcast)
The new game Vitual Tennis
Fifa 10
Madden NFL 10 and tiny bit of 11 (at a friends house.)

Have you tried any newer ones? Or Nintendo ones, they are great NWC, Wii Sports, etc. Most of those games you have tried 2k sports just began. Try the 2k4's and up. For Madden try 2007 and below. Fifa has always been pretty good. Racing games are very fun imo too.

#24 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Amazing specs = Amazing third party support

28gxdv8.png

#25 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

Nintendo needs to....
Continue what they have been doing for the past 30 years.
Continue to take to right amount of time, hire the right people, and make the best games they can.
Continue to make finely tuned experiences with creativity mixed in.
And continue to deliver on all of what Nintendo fans expect of their games.

The rise in conflict of Nintendo making games too easy is silly, and should not repel passionate players.
All games of Nintendo have had a gradual increase in difficulty throughout the game. Recently some small changes to control, or a final boss that is easy to get to has ruffled a few feathers. But the bottom line is the games are great experiences, and the tension of difficulty is still there in the form of optional actions / routes that are harder, or bonus levels. Because Nintendo knows the players who want difficulty bumped up are also 100% completionists. And if they have secret, bonus, or optional difficult sections (combined with the gradual difficulty raise before hand) then it makes for a fluid experience that gets just as fun, just as exciting, and just as replayable.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!