#1 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

Here is an Article for the Racing Fans in the community and the ones that are looking forward to Project Cars. Make sure you visit the actual site.

Project Cars Preview

by Mike Channel at PCGamer

Posted Image

For Slightly Mad Studios, the Need for Speed name was clearly a mixed blessing. A whole garage full of licensed cars and circuits, plus a guaranteed baseline level of success thanks to the well-known brand, had to be weighed against the fact that racing-gameby- committee didn’t fit with Slightly Mad’s hardline simulation stance.
With Project CARS – a communityfunded game started before Tim Schafer made it fashionable – Slightly Mad are free to create the racing game they and, more importantly, their community want to construct. The current version is a Frankenstein’s monster – one of the regularly released builds that paid up ‘investors’ get to play with – but it reveals a lot about how the team are approaching the racing sim.

The handful of cars currently available manage to span both the entire horsepower range (from razzy go-karts to thinly disguised F1 machines) and several decades of racing machinery at once. Project CARS will eventually allow you to work your way through an entire motorsport career, building a team and selecting disciplines that suit your particular racing talents.

Posted Image

Commonality comes from the fact that every single vehicle is recreated to a startling degree of accuracy – you can identify the individual rivets holding the engine together and components like driveshafts and suspension coils rotate and bounce exactly as they do in real life. There’s mechanical logic to everything that happens – which makes it much harder to blame handling quirks as you bury your car nose-first into a tyre wall for the eighth time.
You’ll want to persevere though. Slightly Mad’s games have never been short of thrills and, while it can occasionally feel like all four tyres have been simultaneously transformed into knobs of melting butter, slinging a high downforce racer through a sweeping corner as the rubber subtly squirms underneath you makes you feel like a bona fide hero.
With simulations, it’s often easy to forget that there are two parts to a racing car. The metallic whirring mechanics and the soft, fleshy pilot sawing away at the steering wheel. Slightly Mad is as fastidious when it comes to replicating the latter as it is the former. While there will still be moments where you’re cursing an AI driver for accidentally punting you off, in Project CARS it’ll be because that particular driver has a tendency towards opportunist overtaking moves rather than a lack of situational awareness. This being a work in progress, if you’ve dropped the cash on membership you can help tune the game’s AI yourself by experimenting with a series of sliders hidden in the difficulty menu.
The Need For Speed licence and its accompanying budget isn’t all roses and kittens, though. Project CARS returns to the drawing board as far as official manufacturers and locations are concerned. Don’t expect to be chucking Ferraris and Porsches around – at the moment the vast majority of vehicles and tracks are non-copyright-infringing lookalikes rather than the real deal.

Posted Image

Of course, these cover versions are close enough that if the official Audi licence is secured, it’ll take little more than a texture swap to add the marque’s Le Mans and DTM contenders to the game. It’s a similar story with the circuits – Belgian Forest is transparently the Spa circuit, Connecticut Hill is Watkins Glen in the US and so on. It’s the same trick that rFactor pulled and it’s even less obtrusive than fictionalised versions of recognisable vehicles because, aside from the name, they’re beautifully fettled versions of the real tracks.
Technologically it all benefits from the proprietary Shift 2: Unleashed engine, which runs beautifully. It also apparently allows for your PC to reappraise the forces in effect on your car 600 times per second and is laden with more novel visual fluff than a Star Wars re-release. The odd cardboard cut-out tree remains, but if the tracks are to match up to the staggering fidelity of the vehicles hopefully they’ll be excised between now and the nebulous 2013 release date.
Because the game is being built with its dressing gown hanging open and all its hairy, dangly parts on public display, it’s pretty difficult to treat what exists at the moment as much more than a statement of intent. If Slightly Mad stick to their promise of delivering exactly what the fans want, it could also change dramatically en route to release.
What is there, though, hints at a development team that has been freed from the shackles of a restrictive partnership and are indulging themselves as fans of the genre rather than commissioned contract workers. The brakes are off and while that could result in a huge, messy accident, it could just as likely lead to a glorious victory lap.

Slightly Mad Studios & Pagani Announce Their Partnership

Slightly Mad Studios and world-renowned sports car manufacturer Pagani Automobili S.p.A. are proud to announce a partnership which will see three of the manufacturer's cars featuring in Project CARS.

The companies have pledged to work closely together to perfect the ultimate digital representation of the cars, breaking new boundaries in terms of visual representation, true to life handling and audio fidelity.

Players will be able to experience virtual versions of the Pagani Zonda R, the Zonda Cinque, and the all-new Huayra, giving games access to both road-going hypercars and thoroughbred racing machinery. Passionate racers will love the Zonda R, the last and most extreme version of Pagani's popular Zonda model.

Powered by a six-litre V12 DOHC engine built by Mercedes-AMG, the 750bhp track-bred monster sprints from 0-100 in an almost unbelievable 2.7 seconds.

Drivers who don't want to be confined to race tracks will love the Zonda Cinque, the pinnacle of the road-going Zondas. And the line-up is completed by the all-new Huayra, Pagani's latest addition to its stable. Utilizing the first turbocharged engine to power a Pagani, it puts out 730bhp and features a revolutionary active aerodynamics concept in a bold new design.

Posted Image

Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios said "We're delighted to be working so closely with one of the world's leading supercar manufacturers. Pagani and Slightly Mad Studios both share a core interest in creating class-leading products for enthusiasts, and pushing boundaries to their extremes. As such, we are dedicated to producing the most accurate representation of Pagani's amazing cars ever seen in a game. We look forward to doing the cars justice."

Horacio Pagani, founder and chief designer at Pagani Automobili said "A simulation like Project CARS will give enthusiasts all over the world the opportunity to experience the unique driving feel of a Pagani. With the support of our technical partners Mercedes-AMG, Brembo and Pirelli, our engineers are working closely with the physics engine developers to create the most realistic experience possible."

All three cars will be available to drive in Project CARS later this year. WMD members will be able to take a virtual test drive once first versions of the car have been completed by using the regular development builds of Project CARS.

Edited by Cerberuz, 03 May 2012 - 03:16 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#2 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Woah... nice.

#3 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Those visuals! Damn! Seems like the kind of game that you'd love to just stare at.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

http://www.gonintend...story&id=175796

Edited by Caius, 18 April 2012 - 11:34 AM.

Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

http://www.gonintend...y&id=175796

Nice find. That is a lot of people racing at once. It would suck if you had the slowest car and was put in the back.

I can't wait for Project CARS, Dirt 4, Dirt Showdown, and Concept Grand Pix I'm also hoping that Criterion Games makes a sequel for either Burnout Paradise or Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

LordPickleton.png

#6 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

↑codemasters F1 too.

WiiU will be racer heaven. Coming up next Nascar: 2012-2013.

#7 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

↑codemasters F1 too.

WiiU will be racer heaven. Coming up next Nascar: 2012-2013.

Criterion Games might be working on Most Wanted 2 a retailer outed the game, but I'm not sure who is developing it. So Most Wanted 2 is also in my Most Wanted Racing Games. :)

http://thewiiu.com/t...ed-by-retailer/

I have added Slightly 'Mad Studios and Pagani Announce Their Partnership' to the First Post.

Edited by Cerberuz, 18 April 2012 - 04:22 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#8 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Mario Kart, F-Zero

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

this game is a sure buy for me!!!!!
The Master of All Birds!!!!!

#9 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

Project CARS is gonna be the mother of all Wii U racing games. Slightly Mad Studios are truly gonna give Sony's Polyphony Digital a run for the money. Although the screenshots from the computer looks more than tempting... but I'm looking forward to the U version including the horsepower of that game!

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#10 ArnarFB

ArnarFB

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, F-Zero

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

I seriously am hyped for this game. Ever since I saw the first trailer, I've been craving it. I love racing sims. I enjoy them more than over the top arcade style racers, although I enjoy them too. But I can spend hours and hours in racing sims, days turn into weeks and so on, but arade racers are, for me, just a short term fun.

This game looks phenomenal. All the little details and even little vibrations everywhere at higher speeds. Lovely.

#11 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

DAT IN-GAME GRAPHICS

Some parts look truly photorealistic. Other parts on the other hand, look obviously fake. But overall the cars are mindblowing. When I first saw a screenshot for this game I was like "Is that even a screenshot?"
No sig.

#12 ArnarFB

ArnarFB

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, F-Zero

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

The details... oh the details!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just stunning

#13 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

IF Wii U shows graphics that good at E3 haters will SHAT their pants!

#14 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just stunning

That's a video game, right?

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

Oh carp wow. I think this is a very good example of next-gen graphics.
No sig.

#16 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:48 PM

Nice PC!

But can it run Project CARS?

#17 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just stunning

My dad was convinced that these were photos of actual cars.
Posted Image

#18 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

New pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

If Simply Mad Studios were to showcase that game at next month's E3, I'm gonna need 20,000 boxes of Kleenex to stop my nose from bleeding.

Edited by uPadWatcher2, 12 May 2012 - 05:33 PM.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#20 KgGamesXL

KgGamesXL

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

This is probably the most good looking racing game graphically that I have seen so far. There doing an amazing job I hope they can keep this up and have an amazing launch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!