Photo

What do you want from the Wii U Graphically?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Holloweaver

Holloweaver

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Buck Bumble - and many more... ;)

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

i don't expect to much really, but what i want...? i would like the option on the WiiU to upgrade it in the future, much like we could do with the N64's expansion pack... :ph34r:

Edited by Holloweaver, 19 April 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#22 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:24 AM

All I want it to do is run a game smoothly without having to greatly sacrifice visuals.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#23 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

no way to give u 60 fps.. not even sli or crossfire plays stable 60 fps in the pc... A small example is metro games or "the witcher" a bit heavy games..

in console is good to have 30-45 no more than that needed actually.. But better than 2aa 2af.. 4 is the ideal.. no more than that needed even in pc...

games like world of warcraft (if they come to wii U), surely they will ahve 60 fps.. My graphic card gives me 128-175...lol depends the game.. (Even though.. I think consoles dont use that... aa af, etc.. ) they have their own stuff.. directly hardware.

My computer runs BF3 on ultra with 60fps on 1080p. I got a single GTX 570.

Edited by Hinkik, 20 April 2012 - 09:02 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#24 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

this is my video, my channel.. lol.. nothing special, but you can see the settings I run bf3.. (I didnt use any recent drivers or patch... I played it a bit many months ago.. its an old video... So basically with the new drivers and patch, it runs better)

change the resolution to 1080p in the video.. looks fantastic.. You can see the settings to... I am about to start making unboxing videos for my new pc rig parts soon and I will do unboxing video on Wii U, when I get it.. love it..

Edited by Orion, 20 April 2012 - 09:16 AM.

#25 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

^this makes me realize I have an old computer screen, I don't even know its resolution lol.. But I don't play games/watch movies on it anyway.
No sig.

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Why everybody gotta keep saying "neogaf" everywhere?
They're just a forum. :( Like here.

I don't care about graphics at all.
Whatever my PC can handle, I do on PC, I'm never too concerned with maxing everything out.
I just push everything up to a point where I don't notice my pc catching fire and leave it at that.

Long story short, so long as they look okay.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#27 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

To be able to play games.

give that man a gameboy!

but seriously... the biggest reason by far that i care about the wiiu's hardware specs is, as others have mentioned, its relevancy to the next generation of consoles. i want this console to get continued 3rd party support well into its life cycle.

i like looking at pretty games, i dont think there's anything wrong with admiring complex aesthetic processes, and i feel that visual complexity often increases my enjoyment (even for so-called "cartoony" games)... but at the end of the day i don't really need the bleeding edge of technology to impress me... nor do i think that such is affordably achievable at a comfortable/reasonable console price point.

#28 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

this is my video, my channel.. lol.. nothing special, but you can see the settings I run bf3.. (I didnt use any recent drivers or patch... I played it a bit many months ago.. its an old video... So basically with the new drivers and patch, it runs better)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a83TY1--sOc&feature=plcp&context=C4077d3cVDvjVQa1PpcFPZlxSgtLkrBJ3Q_n0VBeJGTVrpmJL0kTY%3D"]http://www.youtube.c...eJGTVrpmJL0kTY=[/url]

change the resolution to 1080p in the video.. looks fantastic.. You can see the settings to... I am about to start making unboxing videos for my new pc rig parts soon and I will do unboxing video on Wii U, when I get it.. love it..

Holy Crap that is amazing! This is what WiiU needs.

#29 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Really great graphics better than the current generation.

#30 DigitalGreenTea

DigitalGreenTea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Fox

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

I don't care for graphics, all I want is HD (At least 720p HD) so I can play on my big screen. Just looking at those Wii games being played on Emulators in full HD really make me want to play those again in HD. Even though the Wii is the weakest System this gen, I think the games on it have the best graphics, they're way more imaginative than you can find on the other systems.

Posted Image

DGT - The Nintendo Enthusiast

#31 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

4K 120fps duh :P

28gxdv8.png

#32 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

4K 120fps duh :P

Imagine if it did do that, I bet even the most stupid fanboys would shut up for about 10 seconds. The go on spurting about something else ridiculously closed minded about Nintendo.

Still, not even PCs can do that yet, unless you turn everything but the resolution on seriously low.

#33 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

u wrong! I play skyrim with 4k and 6k (in some objects) textures at 1080p and 60-65fps

U overestimated PC.. hehe I also have a video on my youtube channel, if you want to see that... The only game that its EXTREMELY heavy in pc at full settings, is "The witcher 2"... Even though.. .4k textures are good but with 1080p you cant see big difference from 2k textures... That means.. if wii U can give 2k textures.. is going to be perfect.

Edited by Orion, 25 April 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#34 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Imagine if it did do that, I bet even the most stupid fanboys would shut up for about 10 seconds. The go on spurting about something else ridiculously closed minded about Nintendo.

Still, not even PCs can do that yet, unless you turn everything but the resolution on seriously low.

A 8bit graphics game in 4k and 120fps, man that would be cool.

u wrong! I play skyrim with 4k and 6k (in some objects) textures at 1080p and 60-65fps

U overestimated PC.. hehe I also have a video on my youtube channel, if you want to see that... The only game that its EXTREMELY heavy in pc at full settings, is "The witcher 2"... Even though.. .4k textures are good but with 1080p you cant see big difference from 2k textures... That means.. if wii U can give 2k textures.. is going to be perfect.

Dude, we're talking about res of the render not the textures...

28gxdv8.png

#35 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

renderers? for 3d modeling, games? like maya etc? You should state that from the beginning.. lol... Maya and 3ds max is 16bit renderers though.. Or the resolution (scalling) in tv... u confused me.. lol

There is few TV models that support 4k... new models 2012... I doubt so..

Btw, I saw a good offer in a local shop.. 42 inch 1080p 100mhz LG with 3d and all features (internet, youtube, blabla)... 500 euro... I may get that for wii U... or something similar.. 42 inch is a certain thing though.

Edited by Orion, 25 April 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#36 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

renderers? for 3d modeling, games? like maya etc? You should state that from the beginning.. lol... Maya and 3ds max is 16bit renderers though.. Or the resolution (scalling) in tv... u confused me.. lol

There is few TV models that support 4k... new models 2012... I doubt so..

Btw, I saw a good offer in a local shop.. 42 inch 1080p 100mhz LG with 3d and all features (internet, youtube, blabla)... 500 euro... I may get that for wii U... or something similar.. 42 inch is a certain thing though.

No, I'm talking 4K (4096 x 1714) screen resolution 120fps gaming.

28gxdv8.png

#37 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

lol, forget about that, even if ps4 supports that, is going to be for NERDS..

You mean to have 3x tvs connected, next to each other and play the game like a theater room

Thats an expensive investment for nothing!!.. You need extremely thin frame tvs, not regular big framed... Even though, as I said, this year and for the first time, an 82 inch tv by LG will come with 4k ress... You think everybody will spend that much for a game? Because movies dont play at that resolution, I think cinema resolution is 2k is it? 4k is higher than cinema. In 5 - 8 years maybe... its to early for 4k...

I give u an example... There is only few cameras that record at that resolutions and its an EXTREMELY high investment... For photographers cost about 40000 euro for a camera and a small colletion of lenses.. For cinematographers, is going to cost even more.. http://www.red.com/s...Y7AFQ=&sort=&q= this cameras produce higher resolution than that.. but its to early guys.. Look at the prices... ONLY the head (sensor).. not the body and lenses and all the rest. Tv technology goes with Hollywood together, also price drop... Its good to see this year an 82 inch tv with 4k ress.. That means in a couple of years, it will be affordable.. So forget it.

Also having 3 separate tv setup and the controller screen, is going to be a bit... harsh gaming, it will confuse the eye... I dont like the idea, I love the idea of one 82 inch tv.. But I also I c no point of buying it. We need 4k movies as well (also tv channel broadcasting ress upgrade)

Edited by Orion, 25 April 2012 - 11:34 AM.

#38 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

lol, forget about that, even if ps4 supports that, is going to be for NERDS..

You mean to have 3x tvs connected, next to each other and play the game like a theater room

Thats an expensive investment for nothing!!.. You need extremely thin frame tvs, not regular big framed... Even though, as I said, this year and for the first time, an 82 inch tv by LG will come with 4k ress... You think everybody will spend that much for a game? Because movies dont play at that resolution, I think cinema resolution is 2k is it? 4k is higher than cinema. In 5 - 8 years maybe... its to early for 4k...

I give u an example... There is only few cameras that record at that resolutions and its an EXTREMELY high investment... For photographers cost about 40000 euro for a camera and a small colletion of lenses.. For cinematographers, is going to cost even more.. http://www.red.com/s...Y7AFQ=&sort=&q= this cameras produce higher resolution than that.. but its to early guys.. Look at the prices... ONLY the head (sensor).. not the body and lenses and all the rest. Tv technology goes with Hollywood together, also price drop... Its good to see this year an 82 inch tv with 4k ress.. That means in a couple of years, it will be affordable.. So forget it.

Also having 3 separate tv setup and the controller screen, is going to be a bit... harsh gaming, it will confuse the eye... I dont like the idea, I love the idea of an 82 inch tv.. But I also c no point of buying it. We need 4k movies as well (also tv channel broadcasting)

I was joking about 4k gamin from the beginning. Hence the :P in my post.

I want a red epic with some nice lenses!!!

28gxdv8.png

#39 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

most of the pro cameras have this ress also but if u need almost 0 noise, perfect colors, perfect apertures, pro job done.. RED is the way to go... Look at the lenses... all of them at 1.2 aperture.. EXTREME.. (maybe they got better by now, the last time Ive checked their website, was 2 years ago..) (journalists, documentarists, etc.. dont use this things, even modeling dont use this things... Only few cinematographers, celebrity photographers, marketing companies with show biz mostly..) There is plenty of monies made by RED, if u search the website...But we need an overall JUMB into 4k, and affordable for the majority.. anyway, enough with that.. hehe

Edited by Orion, 25 April 2012 - 12:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!