• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Rizsparky

Rizsparky

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Will the Wii U support 3d? Would be pretty awesome having this feature although it would have to be disabled when playing with the controller.

#2 SilverArrow

SilverArrow

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    PONIES

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

Considering the fact that 3D TV's are becoming more common and slowly dropping in price, it likely will support it. It would be a very up to date system, so you would expect it from it.

I would like to see Nintendo try to make glasses free 3D for that thing. :P
(Won't happen. Too many complications.)
Posted Image

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

It's technologically capable, but their primary target isn't really the 3D audience.
Edit: I'm buying Sony's Simulview Display anyways.

Considering the fact that 3D TV's are becoming more common and slowly dropping in price, it likely will support it. It would be a very up to date system, so you would expect it from it.

I would like to see Nintendo try to make glasses free 3D for that thing. :P
(Won't happen. Too many complications.)

I heard that the specific technology that they're using at the moment only works at a certain angle and on small displays.
I bet it's possible though. (Eventually.)
Also, they usually work on consoles and handhelds. :/

Edited by Daniel, 22 April 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#4 SilverArrow

SilverArrow

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    PONIES

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

It's technologically capable, but their primary target isn't really the 3D audience.
Edit: I'm buying Sony's Simulview Display anyways.

I heard that the specific technology that they're using at the moment only works at a certain angle and on small displays.
I bet it's possible though. (Eventually.)
Also, they usually work on consoles and handhelds. :/

The glasses free 3D wouldn't happen on a console, because you have to look at it from the right distance and angle like you said. However the other complication. That screen would have to be designed for it, and at the moment, that would mean buying a new TV as well as a Wii U. Not something Nintendo would do just for a little option.
Posted Image

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

iwata confirmed it would, soon after E3 2011

http://wiiudaily.com...-to-support-3d/
Posted Image

#6 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Nintendo confirmed that the Wii U will support 3D.

I did not know this but Nintendo also said the Gamecube and Wii supported 3D but it was never used of course because of the lack of 3DTV's. especially during the 6th gen.

#7 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Yeah, to all of the above.
Maybe if it became mainstream in the future or something though... :c

#8 Rizsparky

Rizsparky

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

iwata confirmed it would, soon after E3 2011

http://wiiudaily.com...-to-support-3d/

Time to invest in a 3D TV then.

#9 Daniel

Daniel

Spiny

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Yeah, it is capable.
I'm not sure if it's going to be in a lot of games though.
Anyways, I mentioned this, but I'm gonna get the Simulview 3D TV anyways.
Good size for me, 3D, full screen split screen HD in case as a bonus, and 500 dollars but probably will have a price drop in the future if it hasn't already.

#10 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

There was a patent filed by Nintendo on September that said the Wii U screen might be HD instead of sub-HD and that it might also be 3D. Did you guys already know about these?

"One or both of the displays SD and MD may be so-called high-definition displays (eg., 1280 x 720 pixels (720p) or 1920 x 1080 pixels (1080i/1080p)."

"One or both the displays SD and MD may be a 3D display (eg., an autostereoscopic display) that provides stereoscopic perception of depth to a viewer."

"Images displayed on the displays SD and MD may be from any source such as an animation engine, a video game machine, a simulator, or a video which is appropriately transformed or processed to provide displays from different perspectives," hinting at the possibility of 3D video playback at the very least.

Edited by Cerberuz, 22 April 2012 - 01:02 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

I thought you meant 3DS 3D. I would say no to that.

I should look into 3D TVs since the Wii U will be able to do 3D (with glasses.) Correct me if I am wrong.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

The controller won't be 3D, but there's absolutely no reason you can't connect a 3D TV and enjoy 3D content that way.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:10 PM

Ps3 can support it why not WiiU. And it will. But not on the controller that would be expensive.

#14 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Wouldnt have to disable it for the controllers sake...Just the TV would be. I heard someone say Wii U will use 3D but only if you have a 3D TV....I dont know though. the 3DS is plenty lol. I dont need anything more in 3D. If they did this Nintendo should make a Nintendo TV lol. And why not stop there make a Nintendo Cell Phone....an NPhone lol like Iphone.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#15 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

It can support it, but Nintendo said that they themselves wouldn't focus very much on it.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#16 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:46 AM

I'm pretty sure it id, I doubt their using an older HDMI standard that can't do 3D. Also developers can choose to be in 3D or nor, such as Black Ops and MW3 allow 3D on PC Ps3 and 360.

3D TVs are not expensive, I don't know what peoples budgets are but I look at the £800-£1000. My current TV is starting to die (1080i max and the HDMI port no longer works) when we bought it at the end of 2006.

It can support 3D its upto devs and Nintendo if they want to enable it.

#17 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:01 AM

If they picked nvidia card instead of AMD, I was about to be confident about it... With AMD I doubt. AMD gives u 6 monitor support per card, ideal for the split screen and video editors..

Nvidia gives u by default 3d support, is much better in 3d...

Edited by Orion, 23 April 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#18 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

If they picked nvidia card instead of AMD, I was about to be confident about it... With AMD I doubt. AMD gives u 6 monitor support per card, ideal for the split screen and video editors..

360 runs on an AMD/ATi card and can do 3D in select games, like the last two call of duty games, however I have not seen how it affects performance.

#19 Dant

Dant

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

360 runs on an AMD/ATi card and can do 3D in select games, like the last two call of duty games, however I have not seen how it affects performance.

Exactly, the only reason it's like this on the PC is purely because of drivers, the Wii U can do great 3D with an Nvidia or AMD GPU.

#20 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

AMD cards from the 6000 series upwards are all 3D capable, and the GameCube could do 3D with the flipper being made by ATi.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!