• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

They didn't try on pro football because stupid EA Sports monopolized the NFL. NFL 2k5 beats the crap out of madden. Madden has crap physics ,imagine the 2k13 graphics today it will look as good as NBA 2k12. And 2k's NBA beat the carp out of Elite.
But, I agree with you about MVP that is better than 2k baseball. They should trade NFL and MLB rights.

So why do you think Madden is better. Because NFL 2k5 was better in all ways. It took them 7 years to get on par with 2k.
You are probably a fanboy who dosen't know what they're talking about.

haha a fan boy? nah. Look..I just don’t like 2k sports. And nba 2k graphics are nothing special...A lot of players don’t look good at all and lots of glitches. Maddens graphics are pretty legit. As far as why I like madden better, well for starters I don’t like 2ks presentation in any of their games...it looks cartoonish and something that was made 8 years ago. I am taking about everything outside of the game play like the screens you seen when you put the game in. Whenever I throw in NBA or NHL I feel like I’m looking at something released years ago. Online is pretty bad on 2k still. I know madden could use improvement but 2k is bad. Tapping A for speed burst? Awful. It’s annoying. I hate it. I don’t like how the game play feels in 2k and to me it will always be that "other" football game that is not on the same level as madden. Just my opinion. I know lots of people agree with you to. But yes, MVP was awesome.

By the way I see I misspelled madden in the title of the post. Sorry! I am smooth haha

#22 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

Design your own team logo!

(available offline only)
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#23 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

haha a fan boy? nah. Look..I just don’t like 2k sports. And nba 2k graphics are nothing special...A lot of players don’t look good at all and lots of glitches. Maddens graphics are pretty legit. As far as why I like madden better, well for starters I don’t like 2ks presentation in any of their games...it looks cartoonish and something that was made 8 years ago. I am taking about everything outside of the game play like the screens you seen when you put the game in. Whenever I throw in NBA or NHL I feel like I’m looking at something released years ago. Online is pretty bad on 2k still. I know madden could use improvement but 2k is bad. Tapping A for speed burst? Awful. It’s annoying. I hate it. I don’t like how the game play feels in 2k and to me it will always be that "other" football game that is not on the same level as madden. Just my opinion. I know lots of people agree with you to. But yes, MVP was awesome.

By the way I see I misspelled madden in the title of the post. Sorry! I am smooth haha

So 2k is not good because you don't like them?
The presentation on 2k is way better than Madden's. It's not the same thing all the time, like Call of Duty. 2k had a halftime show and a Sportscenter after every week and it was very accurate. Players warm up before every game and do realistic workouts and movements.

Sportscenter

The presentation in this game was unparalleled. Injuries reports, trades, free agent signings with contract figures, player models, halftime shows, touchdown celebrations, highlights from the games that week, stats from each game, players of the week, even the fictional play by play sportscasters do an excellent job in seeming more realistic than Chris Collin in Madden. Sorry EA sports, but ESPN NFL 2K5 goes down in history as the best simulated football game. PERIOD

Okay, Madden has FAR more glitches than a 2k game ever will. Madden does not detail facial features very well, and we are in 2012. The shirt textures on Madden when you zoom in just look plain. On 2k5 when you zoom in on the Authentic Uniform you can see the holes, and dirt on the jersey. And 2k has less money and they are beating them in these positions.

And NBA 2k12's graphics are great. And it's presentation/graphics are very modern. It is better than Elite that's for sure.
NBA 2k12:

When 2k get rights back, it will blow Madden out of the water. They can change the controls too.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 23 April 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#24 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

So 2k is not good because you don't like them?
The presentation on 2k is way better than Madden's. It's not the same thing all the time, like Call of Duty. 2k had a halftime show and a Sportscenter after every week and it was very accurate. Players warm up before every game and do realistic workouts and movements.

Sportscenter

[/font][/color][/size][/left]

Okay, Madden has FAR more glitches than a 2k game ever will. Madden does not detail facial features very well, and we are in 2012. The shirt textures on Madden when you zoom in just look plain. On 2k5 when you zoom in on the Authentic Uniform you can see the holes, and dirt on the jersey. And 2k has less money and they are beating them in these positions.

And NBA 2k12's graphics are great. And it's presentation/graphics are very modern. It is better than Elite that's for sure.
NBA 2k12:

When 2k get rights back, it will blow Madden out of the water. They can change the controls too.

What? All i am saying is I don’t like 2k? That’s it. It’s my opinion against yours. Look, 2k12 graphics..Look at the crowd? Look at the players up close? Half the faces look awful. The way some of the players shoot the ball and handle the ball is not realistic to the way that certain player would do it. The graphics are decent. They are not terrible in NBA but nothing to brag about. NBA 2k12 looks like NBA 2K10 and 2K11 and feels almost the same. MLB 2k10, 2K11 and 2K12 feel and look the same. Madden feels and looks improved every year. Its one of the only sports games where you buy it from year to year and it is different. Maddens graphics are amazing. You might not like the game but it looks great. and no...The visuals are not that good in 2k games. I think they look corny to me. Again, that’s MY opinion. haha your entitled to yours and its cool. There are a tons of glitches in NBA and MLB. The game play went backwards this year in NBA. It’s nothing special. And 2k will not blow madden anywhere hahaha Madden will make so much more money that it’s not even funny. Madden is the only football game and it’s a success. It’s far from perfect but, if 2k gets back in the market when the contract is up, it’s going to get smoked.

#25 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

EA has a monopoly that needs to die they need to have competition; competition makes you better.

Okay sport games don't appeal to me(except Racing), but I do watch people play them, so this is my thought as the third player or spectator.

The Wii U can use two U controllers and lets say they are both using the controllers, and they don't mind playing on the controller screens. I would like to watch them play the game like when you are watching a replay. I would like to take control of the camera, fly around and put it on the high stands or the team benches, lock on to individual players or the ball, and rewind to see a funny moment or when something awesome happened without having the two people that are playing stop playing(unless they want to watch the funny moment). So what I basically want is a theater mode for the spectator.

Edited by Cerberuz, 23 April 2012 - 08:54 PM.

LordPickleton.png

#26 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

EA has a monopoly that needs to die they need to have competition; competition makes you better.

Okay sport games don't appeal to me(except Racing), but I do watch people play them, so this is my thought as the third player or spectator.

The Wii U can use two U controllers and lets say they are both using the controllers, and they don't mind playing on the controller screens. I would like to watch them play the game like when you are watching a replay. I would like to take control of the camera, fly around and put it on the high stands or the team benches, lock on to individual players or the ball, and rewind to see a funny moment or when something awesome happened without having the two people that are playing stop playing(unless they want to watch the funny moment). So what I basically want is a theater mode for the spectator.

That would be pretty sick! And your right, competition makes better games. I am all for more completion and more games

#27 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

What? All i am saying is I don’t like 2k? That’s it. It’s my opinion against yours. Look, 2k12 graphics..Look at the crowd? Look at the players up close? Half the faces look awful. The way some of the players shoot the ball and handle the ball is not realistic to the way that certain player would do it. The graphics are decent. They are not terrible in NBA but nothing to brag about. NBA 2k12 looks like NBA 2K10 and 2K11 and feels almost the same. MLB 2k10, 2K11 and 2K12 feel and look the same. Madden feels and looks improved every year. Its one of the only sports games where you buy it from year to year and it is different. Maddens graphics are amazing. You might not like the game but it looks great. and no...The visuals are not that good in 2k games. I think they look corny to me. Again, that’s MY opinion. haha your entitled to yours and its cool. There are a tons of glitches in NBA and MLB. The game play went backwards this year in NBA. It’s nothing special. And 2k will not blow madden anywhere hahaha Madden will make so much more money that it’s not even funny. Madden is the only football game and it’s a success. It’s far from perfect but, if 2k gets back in the market when the contract is up, it’s going to get smoked.

Lol! at saying Madden looks improved every year. Barely!

And Madden fans are flat just look at them. 2k fans look way more realistic.

I just listed about 20 places where NFL 2k5 was superior, it's like you weren't listening at all.

And look at what happened to EA 's basketball remember what happened to that?
The same thing will happen in football.

The game may look terrible in your opinion, I respect that. But I don't see how you could say EA Sport's games look any better.

#28 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Lol! at saying Madden looks improved every year. Barely!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WSIJMSY_1m8
And Madden fans are flat just look at them. 2k fans look way more realistic.

I just listed about 20 places where NFL 2k5 was superior, it's like you weren't listening at all.

And look at what happened to EA 's basketball remember what happened to that?
The same thing will happen in football.

The game may look terrible in your opinion, I respect that. But I don't see how you could say EA Sport's games look any better.

hahahaha 2k will NEVER stop or kill madden. It’s the name. That’s like saying well, since lots of people hate COD and let’s say another company creates a games just like that (which obv they do) then since you and some others think its better that means it’s going to kill it? Maybe the game could be better in ways but, hahaha nahhhh. COD will always sell simply because of the name. It’s sad you don’t get that but it’s the truth. Madden will ALWAYS sell. And I did list reasons

1. Graphics way better
2. I like the controls on madden, easier to play with
3. 2ks football games feel way to cartoonish to me
4. Online would be TERRIBLE
5. Tapping a button for speed burst is ANNOYING
6. All the games would be so repetitive every year. You can say what you want but, madden is different every year. Go put in madden 10, 11 and 12. Totally different game. Put in any 2k game of the last 3 years....Nothing new.
7. Loading time- I feel I’m playing ps2 because the game takes 10 years to load with 2K
8. The announcers annoy me
9. 2K fans are repetitive. Go ahead play NBA you can count and after like 5 people they just repeat. Over and over again
10, I don’t like their cheap little cut screens like when you cut to Chris berman. It looks stupid
I can keep going all day. I DONT LIKE 2K. Stop trying to show me your reason as to why 2k is better. I dont care. You can like 2k better but, madden is way better. That is MY opinion. You’re not going to change it. Stop. Sales even show my point. MADDEN sells!

Madden NFL 2005 (PS2) - 3.2 million- 2005
ESPN NFL 2K5 (PS2) - 1.5 million-2005

It sold way more copies because people trust and like EA better. Also, why did the price of2k5 cost 19.95$ And madden that year was 49.95? Hm. lets think. Because it was not up to Par with madden and 2k knew that it would not sell as good if they tried to put that price tag on it.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2007/08/03/all-pro-football-2k8-sales-fall-flat

Look at that site. What a joke. All Pro did AWFUL. You can use the excuse that NFL teams were not in it but, let’s be honest, that game could not touch madden that year and never will.

You can have your few people who can’t let go of 2k5 but, its dead MOVE ON!

#29 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

The controller could be used for pre-snap audibles, adjusting the defensive alignment, hot routes for recievers, and sending offensive players in motion. All with a labeled touch of the screen instead of having to remember button combinations.

#30 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

hahahaha 2k will NEVER stop or kill madden. It’s the name. That’s like saying well, since lots of people hate COD and let’s say another company creates a games just like that (which obv they do) then since you and some others think its better that means it’s going to kill it? Maybe the game could be better in ways but, hahaha nahhhh. COD will always sell simply because of the name. It’s sad you don’t get that but it’s the truth. Madden will ALWAYS sell. And I did list reasons

1. Graphics way better
2. I like the controls on madden, easier to play with
3. 2ks football games feel way to cartoonish to me
4. Online would be TERRIBLE
5. Tapping a button for speed burst is ANNOYING
6. All the games would be so repetitive every year. You can say what you want but, madden is different every year. Go put in madden 10, 11 and 12. Totally different game. Put in any 2k game of the last 3 years....Nothing new.
7. Loading time- I feel I’m playing ps2 because the game takes 10 years to load with 2K
8. The announcers annoy me
9. 2K fans are repetitive. Go ahead play NBA you can count and after like 5 people they just repeat. Over and over again
10, I don’t like their cheap little cut screens like when you cut to Chris berman. It looks stupid
I can keep going all day. I DONT LIKE 2K. Stop trying to show me your reason as to why 2k is better. I dont care. You can like 2k better but, madden is way better. That is MY opinion. You’re not going to change it. Stop. Sales even show my point. MADDEN sells!

Madden NFL 2005 (PS2) - 3.2 million- 2005
ESPN NFL 2K5 (PS2) - 1.5 million-2005

It sold way more copies because people trust and like EA better. Also, why did the price of2k5 cost 19.95$ And madden that year was 49.95? Hm. lets think. Because it was not up to Par with madden and 2k knew that it would not sell as good if they tried to put that price tag on it.

http://www.pastapadr...sales-fall-flat

Look at that site. What a joke. All Pro did AWFUL. You can use the excuse that NFL teams were not in it but, let’s be honest, that game could not touch madden that year and never will.

You can have your few people who can’t let go of 2k5 but, its dead MOVE ON!

See this guy didn't listen to anything I pointed out.
It's funny cause your comparing 2k5 with Call Of Duty. When it should be Madden with Call of Duty. You take Elite as an example it sucks just like Madden. It used to get all the sales but look at it now. Sales don't even matter, and comparing the price dosen't matter. Call of Duty is more expensive then Crysis and Crysis has better graphics.
My answers:
1. You don't say? You're comparing a 2005 game with 2011 game. The game was a gen lower
2. Cool Story Bro.
3. Nice Opinion
4. Oh, so you can tell the future now?
5. Another opinion Wow!
6. You're right every Madden game is different, they make it worse every year.
7. Well, you should fix your PS3/360 then.
8. Talking with expression annoys you! Oh, so you prefer some boring 20% inaccurate commentary in the Year of 2012.
9. Like Madden has good fan detail.
10. Imagine in it now in 2012.
Your opinions and everything you stated is invalid and you obviously do care because your replying. So if you really didn't care you would ignore.

And yes it's true, Madden sold more because it's well known and has been existing for years. Still doesn't mean it's better. But if it weren't for the monopoly 2k would be selling more.

All Pro didn't have NFL licenses. It was better than Madden in many ways too. But your off topic this is NFL 2k vs. Madden NFL.

It's dead but it doesn't mean it's not good. And many people still play it. It may be dead, but it will always be better than Madden.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 24 April 2012 - 08:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!