• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

I've been wanting it renamed this the entire time! It's different, cool, and wouldn't be a huge leap with the name changing as anything else would be.

Excite!

Edit: just watched the video. Definitely fake. I wish it was true, though, Wii U is a terrible name.

#22 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

I hate the name and the logo is meh. Who knows, it'll probably grow on me (assuming it's real).
Posted Image

#23 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

For god sakes people, this is fake! Check your sources and read first. Nintendo already got approval to use Wii U trademark everywhere except the USA and Mexico. Europe and Asia is fine. They really like the name.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#24 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

For god sakes people, this is fake! Check your sources and read first. Nintendo already got approval to use Wii U trademark everywhere except the USA and Mexico. Europe and Asia is fine. They really like the name.

Where was that info anyway?.

#25 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Where was that info anyway?.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37211979&postcount=10357
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#26 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

The logo looks stupid. The name is alright though better than W.E.S.

#27 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...postcount=10357

I still want Wii U rename.

#28 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Well, if this was true, I suppose it would ok, but I kind of think that I would prefer Wii U. This might sound dumb, but I think Nintendo U is too many syllables. I always found it weird to say Nintendo Sixty Four.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#29 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

Yeah. Pretty sure the video is a fake.
I've been for the name Nintendo U since they first started talking about a rumored name change.

I think it's a more powerful name than Wii U,
but at the end of the day, I don't care what it's called, as long as it's respected by the industry.

#30 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

none@none.none
Posted Image

#31 Nintendo Nostalgia

Nintendo Nostalgia

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

It´s very funny how these fake news about Nintendo always have wrong japanese.

In this video, it appears "この冬来る´´ Which means something like "This winter comes" obvious, gramatically wrong. The correct form is "冬発売予定" Fuyu Hatsubai Yotei, or "scheduled for launching at Winter"

The previous fake zelda games also had wrong japanese with the アイスをプロフェシー  and 火をプロフェシー , that should be アイスのプロフェシー and 火のプロフェシー.

And it would still be a strange name, specially using the fire with kanji but ice with katakana.

The other fake news about Wii U being renamed on the japanese page, everyone believed that without looking at the japanese official page. Not only it had not that title in english, but it was written Mario Party 9 in japanese.

Sorry for bad english!

Edited by Nintendo Nostalgia, 23 April 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#32 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

In this video, it appears "この冬来る´´ Which means something like "This winter comes" obvious, gramatically wrong. The correct form is "冬発売予定" Fuyu Hatsubai Yotei, or "scheduled for launching at Winter"

The previous fake zelda games algo had wrong japanese with the アイスをプロフェシー  and 火をプロフェシー , that should be アイスのプロフェシー and 火のプロフェシー.

And it would still be a strange name, specially using the fire with kanji but ice with katakana.

The other fake news about Wii U being renamed on the japanese page, everyone believed that without looking at the japanese official page. Not only it had not that title in english, but it was written Mario Part 9 in japanese.

Sorry for bad english!

Cool! Your Japanese so you could read BS rumours? Or you learned Japanese?

#33 SilverArrow

SilverArrow

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    PONIES

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

It could be possible considering the fact that they are essentially just making a new wii by saying "wii u." Nintendo U would be calling it a whole new home console, which is what I think it's supposed to be. Stil i won't believe it until we get some confirmation.
Posted Image

#34 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

lol now it works that i found mobile mode option, rarely use this, that link has the actual reply
Posted Image

#35 Nintendo Nostalgia

Nintendo Nostalgia

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

I am not japanese, but i´ve been taking japanese classes for almost 6 years , so i can understand it.

Cool! Your Japanese so you could read BS rumours? Or you learned Japanese?

#36 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

I am not japanese, but i´ve been taking japanese classes for almost 6 years , so i can understand it.

Oh, still pretty cool though.

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

none@none.none

posting from mobile device, cant type otherwise, site incompatible
What about Nintendo Revolve

for those what can't read it.
Amazing, you can write small posts!

The previous fake zelda games also had wrong japanese with the アイスをプロフェシー  and 火をプロフェシー , that should be アイスのプロフェシー and 火のプロフェシー.

The other fake news about Wii U being renamed on the japanese page, everyone believed that without looking at the japanese official page. Not only it had not that title in english, but it was written Mario Party 9 in japanese.

Sorry for bad english!

Nintendo wouldn't use Kanji would they?
They'd use hiragana.
And I was under the impression from the several Japanese to English translators I've known that Japanese tenses are extremely tricky to convert to English.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

yuk... every nintendo console has " nintendo before the rest of the name, like Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo Wii etc. but we usually just say the second name. I mean, do you know a lot of people who say Nintendo GameCube instead of only "GameCube"? Following that reasoning, everybody would call the next console "U" only instead of "Nintendo U". Can you see yourself saying: "Hey! I'm playing with the U!"? I cant. Nintendo isnt dumb. thats fake.
Posted Image

#39 Kuta∞sthA

Kuta∞sthA

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

What should the U stand for? Nintendo Ultra? Nintendo Unity?

#40 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

What should the U stand for? Nintendo Ultra? Nintendo Unity?

You.
No sig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!