Sega:Wii U is more powerful than current consoles.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

There is a rumor about it... yes.. I didnt search it much though, as crysis is a non importante title for me.

After all, microsoft and sony played durty in the current generation of consoles.. Several times... As for the steam or origin, whatever they poot in the far feature inside, it is still unrespectful to its customers. They cant make such a moves, if they want to be legit to their customers, and they dont want to loose them, before internet connection becomes a global free feature. Either ways, I dont trust my games to be like a bank account system... "deposit my money and get a download copy of it and when the machines come to an end, recycle it and loose all my money.. I am a collector.." there is no insurance about it and I will always support ONLY physical copies, legit ones.

If they want me to use digitals, they have to give them to me free.. as I consider them trash. Digital distribution for me is, classic games that I didnt have the chance to play them, many years ago and I CANT find them in the market anymore.. patches, stuff like that... NOT my legit and new games!!

Is there a link to the rumor stating about Microsoft paying for Crysis 3 not to be on Wii U?.

#22 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

a video actually... From this guy reviewtechUSA.. the one who tried to explain wii U specs...? One of his latest videos, is about crysis 3 and wii U, and he refers it.

Actually there is lots of reasons.

1) Nintendo is not turning 100% totally in a digital distribution, that means controllable, forced DRM and against used games. Also much less customers (only those who have internet access)
2) Till now only Micorosoft and Sony have this companies in their disposal, and make war against, who will get the best version of it. So there is an idea, that sony and Microsoft pay key developers, to dont support wii U. It will be a disaster for sony and ms if Wii U, becomes the standar of the next gen consoles, with plenty of 3rd support and beautiful exclusives... Surely there is plenty of war there.
3) The rumor about Origin - EA and Nintendo... failed... If you remember after E3, we got so plenty and good news about crytek running on wii U, plenty of EA games on Wii U, etc.. After Nintendo announced that it will be NO origin inside wii U, or the rumor is faulty... Developers start acting differently..

Actually they try to force console companies, to be only digital... As developers dont care if wii U or xbox, or sony sell 90 million consoles.. they want a stable 2-3-4 million copy sales from each.. thats their target..

who knows.. I dont care about crysis after all..

Edited by Orion, 28 April 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#23 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

a video actually... From this guy reviewtechUSA.. the one who tried to explain wii U specs...? One of his latest videos, is about crysis 3 and wii U, and he refers it.

Is it the video "Wii-U Hardware Specs Explained "?

#24 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

It's this one.

He offers it as a possible explanation, nothing more.

Also, CAUTION: BAYONETTA.

Edited by Nollog, 28 April 2012 - 12:46 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#25 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

Wasn't it also reported this game will have a deferred lighting engine on ps3, 360 and PC but not wii U. Also the wii U has more memory for a start this is a serious advantage it has. Still seems very likely to me the wii u gpu will not be cutting edge, although it may be caused by having to create visuals for both the controller and the main screen.

http://m.uk.ign.com/...next-generation

Is there any chance we can have some normal debate about specifications rather than some idiot posting rubbish about trolls. There has been enough leaks, reports about the wii U being similar performance to 360/PS3 to be a valid position to take.

It won't be that long before we get an idea of the final specification of wii U by seeing what its capable of to see whose guesses were right or wrong.

i thought everyone on this forum should know already by now that thinking wii u is the same as ps360 or slightly better is totally foolish. how could u possible say its a "valid position to take." i dont care who gets offended, its bad enough that drones think wii u is equal to ps360, but for someone here to think so is not good. there is NO evidence that that is true

Edited by Crackkat, 28 April 2012 - 12:48 PM.

Posted Image

#26 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

i thought everyone on this forum should know already by now that thinking wii u is the same as ps360 or slightly better is totally foolish. how could u possible say its a "valid position to take." i dont care who gets offended, its bad enough that drones think wii u is equal to ps360, but for someone here to think so is not good. there is NO evidence that that is true

And none to the contrary either.

Keep your expectations grounded, or you might look the fool.

Edited by Nollog, 28 April 2012 - 12:49 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#27 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hJI55R2LMl0"]http://www.youtube.c...e&v=hJI55R2LMl0[/url]
It's this one.

He offers it as a possible explanation, nothing more.

Also, CAUTION: BAYONETTA.

If Sony and Microsoft payed them I would lose all respect for Microsoft (already lost respect for Sony),

Anyway lets hope Nintendo is telling them to not announce anything until E3 2012 which would make sense since the NDA.

#28 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

And none to the contrary either.

Keep your expectations grounded, or you might look the fool.

plenty to the contrary, cos when i hear a developer say its true next gen i believe it (EA, Vigil). i am not one of those people constantly worried about over hyping stuff, if something is confirmed, its confirmed, people need to get used to believing good news
Posted Image

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

plenty to the contrary, cos when i hear a developer say its true next gen i believe it (EA, Vigil). i am not one of those people constantly worried about over hyping stuff, if something is confirmed, its confirmed, people need to get used to believing good news

I'll believe what I see, when I see it at e3.

Anyway lets hope Nintendo is telling them to not announce anything until E3 2012 which would make sense since the NDA.

Nintendo made them sign the NDA.
The fact we've had a few morsels of information since the investors meeting might mean the NDA on some games is lifted, or am I being too hopeful?

Edited by Nollog, 28 April 2012 - 12:56 PM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

If Sony and Microsoft payed them I would lose all respect for Microsoft (already lost respect for Sony),

Microsoft did that plenty of times in the past, I remember, they paid once alot of money in square enix (cant remember the game tittle), NOT TO publish a game for ps3, and square enix behaved cheeky.. they used microsofts money to develop ps3 edition HAHAHAHAHA... Only microsoft and sony did that crazy stuff..

Anyway.. I would love to see games in crytek engine, but not crysis at all.. Only the benchmark for my pc.. lol

Edited by Orion, 28 April 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#31 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

Nintendo made them sign the NDA.
The fact we've had a few morsels of information since the investors meeting might mean the NDA on some games is lifted, or am I being too hopeful?

The only reason Ubisoft got too announce AC3 on Wii U at GDC 2012 before E3 2012 was because they announced AC is going to come to the Wii U at E3 2011, but as for Rayman, I'm not sure Ubisoft announced Rayman for Wii U at E3, I know they did for Rabbies and since Rayman Legends was leaked that probably violated the NDA, but I guess it's not Ubisoft's fault since it was leaked.

#32 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

lol you're going to be disappointed then cos no developer at E3 is going to say "he guys, listen, wii u is true next gen incase u didnt know." anyone who says something like that would like an absolute fool on stage. they purposefully say that stuff on the internet so that people who care will look it up, they dont waste show time with these things. it doesnt matter where u hear it, E3 or not, if they say it and they know what they're talking about then u should be satisfied
Posted Image

#33 stupidvillager

stupidvillager

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

gearbox also says that it is one of the best looking versions of the game and is not a port. so it cant do deferred lighting but is one of the best looking versions? makes sense. perhaps on the Wii U its real-time.

#34 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Microsoft did that plenty of times in the past, I remember, they paid once alot of money in square enix (cant remember the game tittle), NOT TO publish a game for ps3, and square enix behaved cheeky.. they used microsofts money to develop ps3 edition HAHAHAHAHA... Only microsoft and sony did that crazy stuff..

Anyway.. I would love to see games in crytek engine, but not crysis at all.. Only the benchmark for my pc.. lol

Lol that's funny.

Hopefully Nintendo pays to make sure they get some of the multiplats that are only for the PS3/PS4 and Xbox 360/720.

#35 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

I am sure they use more modern technics in lighting on Wii U version. They also say "its not a port"

#36 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Wasn't it also reported this game will have a deferred lighting engine on ps3, 360 and PC but not wii U. Also the wii U has more memory for a start this is a serious advantage it has. Still seems very likely to me the wii u gpu will not be cutting edge, although it may be caused by having to create visuals for both the controller and the main screen.

http://m.uk.ign.com/...next-generation

Is there any chance we can have some normal debate about specifications rather than some idiot posting rubbish about trolls. There has been enough leaks, reports about the wii U being similar performance to 360/PS3 to be a valid position to take.

It won't be that long before we get an idea of the final specification of wii U by seeing what its capable of to see whose guesses were right or wrong.

Posted Image
CONGRATULATIONS!
Posted Image

#37 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

The only reason Ubisoft got too announce AC3 on Wii U at GDC 2012 before E3 2012 was because they announced AC is going to come to the Wii U at E3 2011, but as for Rayman, I'm not sure Ubisoft announced Rayman for Wii U at E3, I know they did for Rabbies and since Rayman Legends was leaked that probably violated the NDA, but I guess it's not Ubisoft's fault since it was leaked.

GDC was ages ago. :P

lol you're going to be disappointed then cos no developer at E3 is going to say "he guys, listen, wii u is true next gen incase u didnt know." anyone who says something like that would like an absolute fool on stage. they purposefully say that stuff on the internet so that people who care will look it up, they dont waste show time with these things. it doesnt matter where u hear it, E3 or not, if they say it and they know what they're talking about then u should be satisfied

I meant I'd view on-screen footage and see for myself if they've improved the visual quality over current PS360 hardware's quality visuals.
But IDGAS about visual quality, Nintendo games still looks great on the Wii, and I play other games on PC for the most part, so maybe I'm biased.
I think we know it's not going to be on par with 360, since it's got to power two screens, they can't do that and just use on par hardware, but the end game, may well be on par, which (if at all) will be the case largely due to lazy developers.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#38 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Can we all put this pointless debate aside, why can't we just wait and see the Wii u in action.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#39 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

GDC was ages ago. :P

I meant I'd view on-screen footage and see for myself if they've improved the visual quality over current PS360 hardware's quality visuals.
But IDGAS about visual quality, Nintendo games still looks great on the Wii, and I play other games on PC for the most part, so maybe I'm biased.
I think we know it's not going to be on par with 360, since it's got to power two screens, they can't do that and just use on par hardware, but the end game, may well be on par, which (if at all) will be the case largely due to lazy developers.

well we know that AC 3 and aliens colonial marines will look superior on wii u to other platforms, dont be so negative :) if you want to generalise devs, generalise them in a good way, not bad. theres too much pessimism in our industry, i wanna fix that, lets all do it together
Posted Image

#40 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Dont care what anybody says. Crysis 3 WILL BE ON WII U. Even if Crytek says it wont be, its a lie and it will be.

Are you saying Microsoft payed Crytek to not put Crysis 3 on Wii U?, and I don't want EA to be mad at Nintendo so I hope they made a deal with them somehow so they would keep supporting Wii U the way they where saying they where, I hope Nintendo got Steam on Wii U.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!