Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, CoD

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

If you want to attract the Halo/CoD fans you need these things in my opinion:
  • Competitive multiplayer
    • Online leaderboards - and not just W/L ratio and K/D ratio. Needs expansive leaderboards that track many attributes.
    • Stat tracking of every thing you can think of
    • Smooth gameplay and framerates while playing online
    • Voice chat (which should be a given in today's online gaming age)
    • Easy to use friend lists and jump in jump out functionality to play with them
    • More gamemodes than the basic TDM and Free for all that a lot of CoD imitators only seem to add.
    • Plenty of maps to keep things fresh
    • Balance - it really sucks when 1 gun is found to be overly powerful compared to the others and then everyone just uses the same gun/setup.
    • Feed the grinder mechanics, ie. - a slow grind with tiny carrots sprinkled for the player to achieve
  • Realistic Graphics
  • Single Player campaign with some mature themes.
  • Some type of 3rd gamemode. Something like zombies or a horde mode. Something else to do when you need a break from multiplayer and have beaten the single player campaign.
Remember, this isn't technically what I'm saying would make the greatest game ever, just what I think a game would need to attract the CoD/Halo gamer to the Nintendo Wii U.

#22 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Metroid HD or Metroid Prime 4 (which ever it will be called) Could easily be made to be Nintendos version of Halo. You shoot aliens (Space Pirates) Metroid Prime 2 had a local multiplayer that was actually really fun. If Metroid HD had an online mode it would work like this.

Everyone is Samus (But can customize Armor)

Add a ranking system.

Earn Space Credits or whatever the money would be in Metroid. You can spend those Space Credits on an Armory to buy new Armor (Just for looks) (Like Halo: Reachs Armory)

Playlists like Team Hunters which would be the equivalent of Team Slayer on Halo. A 4Vs4 match to say 50 kills, A CTF type match called something like Capture the Power Nodes (Wasnt that in Metroid Prime Hunters?) Big Team Hunters which is an 8Vs8 game up to 100 kills or unless there is an objective mode like CTPN (Capture The Power Nodes) Lone Hunter which is your Free For All. 8 person FFA. Good maps not taken out of Campaign. You would have weapons all over the map like before. Start off with Samus's regular arm gun. The Imperialist from Hunters would be the sniper and so forth.

You get the idea. Oh yah an a 2 player Co-op Campaign.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 01 May 2012 - 12:36 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#23 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

Sarcasm, anyone?

... but really, I think the OP was talking about a game that filled the function of Halo (solid, complex mechanics, cool visual styling, and a decently rich narrative structure with the opportunity for deep lore). Uncharted does SOME of this for the playstation (the basic mechanics are a bit unpolished, the play is a bit linear, and there's very little opportunity for lore), as does killzone, infamous, and god of war... but I think that a lot of sony's difficulty (other than prohibitive price) has to do with the lack of that one title that really nails all three aspects.

I agree that Nintendo needs this. Their internal focus has always been on play mechanics - which really makes sense as a bedrock starting point for game design. But to really capture nerddome in its entirety (I'm not talking about the so-called "graphics whores" or kids that just want to look cool, here), you need a world that offers everything in one package.

I agree that Retro is currently the best candidate to do this, from many angles... but I have yet to see them foray into the realm of a truly new IP...

perfectly said!

#24 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Metroid HD or Metroid Prime 4 (which ever it will be called) Could easily be made to be Nintendos version of Halo. You shoot aliens (Space Pirates) Metroid Prime 2 had a local multiplayer that was actually really fun. If Metroid HD had an online mode it would work like this.

Add a ranking system.

Earn Space Credits or whatever the money would be in Metroid. You can spend those Space Credits on an Armory to buy new Armor (Just for looks) (Like Halo: Reachs Armory)

Playlists like Team Hunters which would be the equivalent of Team Slayer on Halo. A 4Vs4 match to say 50 kills, A CTF type match called something like Capture the Power Nodes (Wasnt that in Metroid Prime Hunters?) Big Team Hunters which is an 8Vs8 game up to 100 kills or unless there is an objective mode like CTPN (Capture The Power Nodes) Lone Hunter which is your Free For All. 8 person FFA. Good maps not taken out of Campaign. You would have weapons all over the map like before. Start off with Samus's regular arm gun. The Imperialist from Hunters would be the sniper and so forth.

I think you'd like some of the ideas I've presented in this thread: http://thewiiu.com/t...yer-mode-ideas/
Posted Image

#25 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:42 PM

Add a ranking system.

Exactly. Metroid is basically Nintendo's Halo. They need a different cateogory, I want realistic adventure.

#26 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

nintendo has a halo games they are calle
metroid
the conduit
advanced wars

pick one and show the world what the wii u can do

#27 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

advanced wars

Eh?
Maybe I'm thinking of a different game, but wasn't that an RPG or Strategy game maybe?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#28 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

Metroid wasn't 'Nintendo's Halo' because it was on the Wii.
Posted Image

#29 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

nintendo has a halo games they are calle
metroid
the conduit
advanced wars

pick one and show the world what the wii u can do

Advance Wars is a pick-up-and-play yet deep and invigorating... turn-based strategy game. The genre prevents it from being the killer app. Also, it's handheld exclusive so far.

You might be thinking of Battalion Wars, which is pretty much just as good, but it's a real-time strategy/third-person shooter hybrid. It would be great, but it'll attract competitive Koreans rather than casual Americans.

Really, I don't think it matters what Nintendo tries. They just have to get lucky and hope their game hits it big. I wish I could be more confident, but it's true.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#30 Flare03

Flare03

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:52 PM

I think nintendo's video games and consoles are causal consoles, and I guess they will be like this forever now (not that that is bad). There is more money in the causual market because families are more likely to buy familiy games to play with their children, and I think nintendo aren't making as much money as they were before and its much more relaible to make a causual console as that is going to get more money because it is more likely to work (there aren't really any 'causual' consoles aside from nintendos ones, more so hybrids at the most)
Once one of my friends and I were talking, and we were talking and he said that nintendo used to be a more appealing  to "hard core" gamers in that the really old games that they made were hard and took a lot longer to beat, and unforutatly this isn't the case any more, as games are shorter and easier than they were in the old days.

Posted Image

# Words are here #

#31 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:20 AM

If you want to attract the Halo/CoD fans you need these things in my opinion:

• Competitive multiplayer
    • Online leaderboards - and not just W/L ratio and K/D ratio. Needs expansive leaderboards that track many attributes.
    • Stat tracking of every thing you can think of
    • Smooth gameplay and framerates while playing online
    • Voice chat (which should be a given in today's online gaming age)
    • Easy to use friend lists and jump in jump out functionality to play with them
    • More gamemodes than the basic TDM and Free for all that a lot of CoD imitators only seem to add.
    • Plenty of maps to keep things fresh
    • Balance - it really sucks when 1 gun is found to be overly powerful compared to the others and then everyone just uses the same gun/setup.
    • Feed the grinder mechanics, ie. - a slow grind with tiny carrots sprinkled for the player to achieve
  • Realistic Graphics
  • Single Player campaign with some mature themes.
  • Some type of 3rd gamemode. Something like zombies or a horde mode. Something else to do when you need a break from multiplayer and have beaten the single player campaign.
Remember, this isn't technically what I'm saying would make the greatest game ever, just what I think a game would need to attract the CoD/Halo gamer to the Nintendo Wii U.

Lol yeah exactly that. I think Retro could pull it off maybe, but not Nintendo's 'main' studios.
No sig.

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:07 PM

I think nintendo's video games and consoles are causal consoles, and I guess they will be like this forever now (not that that is bad). There is more money in the causual market because families are more likely to buy familiy games to play with their children, and I think nintendo aren't making as much money as they were before and its much more relaible to make a causual console as that is going to get more money because it is more likely to work (there aren't really any 'causual' consoles aside from nintendos ones, more so hybrids at the most)
Once one of my friends and I were talking, and we were talking and he said that nintendo used to be a more appealing to "hard core" gamers in that the really old games that they made were hard and took a lot longer to beat, and unforutatly this isn't the case any more, as games are shorter and easier than they were in the old days.

You silly.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

If Nintendo, Sega and High Voltage Software work together they can make one he'll of game. The biggest problem with The Conduit was story, and and both Sega and Nintendo can lend a hand there. I think an original IP would be best.

I don't know what the game should be like? Just that it needs to be enabled original not a copy cat of another game.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!