#21 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

Nintendo has a lot to prove with the Wii U. Not from a 1st party standpoint... They always deliver mostly. But from a 3rd party standpoint will we be left behind again like we were with the Wii once PS4 and 720 are announced? I know I shouldn't care but I'm tired of hearing gamers make fun of nintendo. Yes power isn't everything and it not taking the industry in a good direction. All in all I believe the Wii U will run UE4 just optimized maybe 720P. E3 is going to be ELECTRIC!

It's always been power that have driven the industry in the right direction. Remember those bits? 8, 16, 32, 64 bits. Those days those were good times (fail, cause I wasn't born yet, :P)

If it weren't for power we would still play 8 bit 2d graphics. With power, it's much easier to make a high dynamic range between graphics, features, story/length of the game and content.

On topic:
Doesn't he mean that Unreal Technology has not announced which consoles they are going to run UE4 on? Not that there is unannounced consoles they intend to release UE4 on?

Edited by Hinkik, 09 May 2012 - 06:19 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#22 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

I got it! Ideaman said the news is thread worthy and all gamers would think it was big news, not just Nintendo gamers. Also, it's not about the controller. That means, the dev kits were upgraded and optimized to run Unreal 4! The theory fits....
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#23 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

I got it! Ideaman said the news is thread worthy and all gamers would think it was big news, not just Nintendo gamers. Also, it's not about the controller. That means, the dev kits were upgraded and optimized to run Unreal 4! The theory fits....

According to a NWR post with an inside source he confirms a dev told him Wii U was "tweaked" and WILL run UE4. BlackNMild on Gaf confirms that he has a source and says he believes him, but said he can't say more about the source.

Looks promising and I wondered if this matched what IdeaMan was speaking about that "Everybody would like to hear".

#24 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

I disagree! You guys that want the most powerful consoles are going to be feeling it when it cost damn near 80 dollars for one game. Add on the DLC that they will charge 30 for. Over 100 dollars just tp get a gaming experience. That's why I like nintendo... They understand and will once again save the industry.

#25 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

Look at this

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=4830

Someone asked him about UE4 on Wii U and this is the comment he said back

Epic Games Developer "Watch man, people are going to be blown away by the Wii U news."

Very good news if true!:D.

#26 birdmaster21

birdmaster21

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Mario Kart, F-Zero

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:44 PM

No they said they were attempting to get it to work on the Wii U. But nobody knows if it was successful or not.

hopefully it is!!!!!
The Master of All Birds!!!!!

#27 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

I dont see why not. If it could handle the Unreal Engine 3 in 5 minutes then it should be able to run the Unreal Engine 4...Its not drasticlly different.

hopefully it is!!!!!

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#28 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:58 PM

I dont see why not. If it could handle the Unreal Engine 3 in 5 minutes then it should be able to run the Unreal Engine 4...Its not drasticlly different.

If Unreal engine 4 wasn't drastically different from 3 then there wouldn't be any point of making it to begin with

#29 Jerry

Jerry

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

If Wii U has enough power to run UR4...........SWEET. Let's hope this is true. Maybe Nintendo really is listening to developers and gamers like us.

#30 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

If Wii U has enough power to run UR4...........SWEET. Let's hope this is true. Maybe Nintendo really is listening to developers and gamers like us.

From the recent statements they have been making its looking more likely that they will have some serious hardware in the wii u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!