Photo

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth announced!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Wix

Wix

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Assassin's Creed

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

https://twitter.com/#!/UbisoftToronto/status/200578383816572928

"Ubisoft has announced a partnership with Marvel to release "Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth" which will be available for Kinect and Wii U"

i sold my brain on ebay

wob wob wob wob

i still love marina :'(

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

I am surprised they actually said it was coming to the Wii U.

Before E3
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

Curious. I mean awesome but curious. Why Wii U and Kinect? Can you play the game without the Kinect sensor? If not then how does it work on Wii U?

Kinect exclusives usually don't mix well and unless Wii U has some hidden Kinect functionality then I don't see why it couldn't come to Xbox like usual and PS3 as well.

Haha, maybe it's just a Wii U game they've dumbed down for the 360 so they can take advantage of the Kinect. That's a role reversal.

Posted Image

#4 Falco

Falco

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

how much of this is true

#5 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:11 AM

Curious. I mean awesome but curious. Why Wii U and Kinect? Can you play the game without the Kinect sensor? If not then how does it work on Wii U?

Kinect exclusives usually don't mix well and unless Wii U has some hidden Kinect functionality then I don't see why it couldn't come to Xbox like usual and PS3 as well.

Haha, maybe it's just a Wii U game they've dumbed down for the 360 so they can take advantage of the Kinect. That's a role reversal.

You bring up a good point.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#6 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

Wow this Avengers thing is really getting overhyped. I hear and see about it all the day, it occupies a certain website that was supposed to be funny, really it's getting on my nerves. I like Marvel, but still..
No sig.

#7 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

I for one love all the hype, and think it's fine on 9gag (I saw you were missing your soul, dont worry, me too)

But that's a story for another day. I'm surprised they didnt have a game ready to be released with the movie, but maybe this is to tie us over until the second movie is released? A bridge game?

Posted Image

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

this game is not based on the film. its a different story
Posted Image

#9 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:51 AM

probably the Wiimotion+.

#10 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

probably the Wiimotion+.

But then again why just Wii U and kinect? If it was using motion plus then it would make sense to put it on PS3 with move support. Its something different from the PS3 but similar enough for kinect. Its something the Wii U and kinect has but PS3 doesn't. What could it be?

#11 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

I remember reading in one Iwata Asks segment with Miyamoto on the Wii U that they had the idea of using the camera on the controller for body tracking in a Wii Fit type game; but the camera on the controller looks like it's just a simple web camera.
Posted Image

#12 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

Should be good, everyone I know says the movie is awesome. Lets hope the game gets just as good feedback too.
Posted Image

#13 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:29 AM

Here's he answer for no move port. True playstation move is dead, the little to almos no first party support of it is pretty obvious that in the eyes of Sony it is dead hardware. With that being said if Sony barely cares about it why should any other developer?

And I'm pretty sure the reason it wasn't saved for an e3 announcement is that it will likely be ago shovelware if its not I will be surprised. That and apparently ubisoft is allowed complete freedom regarding anything wii u related.

#14 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

Here's he answer for no move port. True playstation move is dead, the little to almos no first party support of it is pretty obvious that in the eyes of Sony it is dead hardware. With that being said if Sony barely cares about it why should any other developer?

And I'm pretty sure the reason it wasn't saved for an e3 announcement is that it will likely be ago shovelware if its not I will be surprised. That and apparently ubisoft is allowed complete freedom regarding anything wii u related.

That does seem very likely. Now then how about those Wii U ports that WE/I actually want.

#15 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

Loved the movie, liked the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games. I think this wasn't released with the film to avoid the negative perception "movie games" have these days... its an original story apparently so hopefully its a solid game for our Wii U libraries.

#16 Poliwhirl

Poliwhirl

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

I know SEGA didn't really put much effort into the other Marvel action games they made, but I would prefer another mediocre SEGA game over this. But hey, atleast we can thank Ubisoft for the maximum support for the Wii U.

Edited by Poliwhirl, 10 May 2012 - 10:37 AM.

Posted Image

The King of Fighters series + Wii U ports = AWESOME!!!

#17 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

But then again why just Wii U and kinect? If it was using motion plus then it would make sense to put it on PS3 with move support. Its something different from the PS3 but similar enough for kinect. Its something the Wii U and kinect has but PS3 doesn't. What could it be?

That's a good point.

Could it be because the Move has done so poorly?

#18 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

probably cos the move just didnt sell enough, the install base is tiny
Posted Image

#19 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

Pretty much anything based on the Avengers is worth my attention right now.
I'm still in high-spirits because of that bloody awesome movie!

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#20 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

If its anything like this, then MY BODY IS READY

Edited by That Guy, 11 May 2012 - 11:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!