#21 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

Iwata said along time ago. No 1st party game should ever be more then $50. So I bet you $100 that all 1st party Wii U games will be $50.

lol no. Iwata said awhile ago he believes no first party game should ever be more then $50.

I may be wrong. but didn't Satoru Iwata say Wii U games were going to be a higher price then Wii games?

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#22 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 18 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

Iwata said along time ago. No 1st party game should ever be more then $50. So I bet you $100 that all 1st party Wii U games will be $50.

lol no. Iwata said awhile ago he believes no first party game should ever be more then $50.

Iwata said that if the game is costly and a big product it's going to cost 60$ because it costs more to develop. Although not all will be that way since not all games are premium products and shouldn't have to be the same price

Posted Image

#23 NintendoLover

NintendoLover

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

It would be nice for Nintendo to make the Wii U games 50 bucks each just like the Wii but I doubt it will be. Although I can't see Nintendo putting a 70 dollar price tag on their games.

#24 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:37 AM

Like others I'm a bit worried about perceived value of wii U games if the standard price is lower than 360 and PS3. A lot of what sells is not to do with facts but perceived and assumed information. Most people know the wii was weaker than ps3/360 and understood why the full retail price of wii games was less and I don't think it would be logical to allow people to think the same of wii U. I certainly don't want them to be more expensive though so I would of thought the best pricing was to be the same.

Here in the UK games fall in price quite rapidly unless they are the very big games like Call of Duty etc. Nintendo's own first party titles have great history of holding their value too but third party that are not in great demand drop quickly. I recently bought 4 pre-owned games for £20 delivered from Blockbuster marketplace (blur, singularity, mirror's edge and condemned 2) all for 360. It's amazing how games drop in value. The point is games devalue quickly anyway and if anything most wii titles hold their value longer than many 360 and PS3 games but I feel its important that the wii U console is not seen as the discount/budget console. If wii U games fail to sell then they will become discounted sure enough.

I must admit though certain games on all formats are clearly fairly cheap to develop like puzzle games etc and I resent publishers charging full price for them. If Nintendo were to release a dedicated budget range for wii U. Perhaps Gamecube re-releases and other such stuff I think this would be a great move. I especially think high definition versions of wii games shouldn't be full price like Xenoblade chronicles if its merely a graphic update.

#25 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

It is probably a place holder

This.

Wii u games are. Very expensive to make. They will be the most advanced games to date.

You don't Take that kind of high end product and recoup your costs with bargain bin prices.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 29 May 2012 - 02:20 AM.

#26 StarFoxWiiU1

StarFoxWiiU1

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

I bet is gonna be $60.

#27 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

I wish I could buy games for $60.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#28 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

Wii u games are. Very expensive to make. They will be the most advanced games to date.

You don't Take that kind of high end product and recoup your costs with bargain bin prices.

What you fail to realize is that a majority of games are bargain bin games. Nintendo believes in charging things for what they are worth and at a good value. If the game is truly high end then it will be 60$. Though not all of them will be. This comes from Iwata himself.

Posted Image

#29 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

likely, but i get the idea only the good games will be $50 (im just kidding myself, all crud will also be 50)
but for those bad games confirmed to be bad = clearance basket at furniture isile of wallmart, $30
:laugh:

#30 Jerry

Jerry

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

UPDATE

$50 wii u games.......... seems false now.

http://www.amazon.co...39299329&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_vg_1

amazon is listing these games at $59.99 now instead of $49.99

Thoughts?

I'm actually glad due to the fact I think some gamers would see $50 games as a "lower quality" game even though that wouldn't be true.

#31 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

I wish I could buy games for $60.

I agree. But NOOOOOO, companies have make it $119 dollars for new releases here! <_<

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#32 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

I probably wouldn't take these rumors lightly but 50 seems perfect, I can't spend 120 on 2 games otherwise I will just have to buy some Wii games to hold me.

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#33 NinjaU

NinjaU

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

Amazon is selling so many Wii U games! http://www.amazon.co...&qid=1339099708

Although Amazon repriced MOST of the games from $50 to $60, Amazon didn't to reprice some of Ubisoft's games. See:
http://www.amazon.co...&rnid=345753011

#34 Carlo_H

Carlo_H

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

$59.99 for sure

#35 zzuxon

zzuxon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • NNID:zzuxon
  • Fandom:
    Mario LoZ Kirby SSB Pikmin

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:35 AM

$60 would be great, as it would make Microsoft and Sony look bad when they sell less advanced games for the same price.

#36 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

Lets just meet in the middle and say $54.99.

#37 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

Lets just meet in the middle and say $54.99.

What? Compromise? ON A VIDEO GAME FORUM?

Posted Image

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!