Photo

Luigi's Mansion 2 for Wii U

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Luigi's Mansion 2 for Wii U (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want LM2 to be available for the Wii U?

1. Yes! I would love that. (23 votes [52.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.27%

2. ...Maybe. I would like that, but I'm still thinking on it. (7 votes [15.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

3. No! I will hate Nintendo for that. (7 votes [15.91%] - View)

4. I don't know yet. (7 votes [15.91%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mario Fan 123

Mario Fan 123

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Pokémon, Professor Layton

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:11 AM

Anything is possible. I would love if LM2 was also for the Wii U. It would make me crazy to vacuum some fancy ghosts in HD. Oh, imagine those bosses. How epic would be Luigi trying to run. Soundtracks! Any thoughts, suggestions? Please reply here.

Edited by Mario Fan 123, 14 June 2011 - 05:13 AM.

#2 GunGoomba

GunGoomba

Friend of Bulbmins

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Mario, Peach, Zelda. Yoshi

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:16 AM

Maybe if they did it like SSBU, they could have different portrait ghosts for each version, and you could connect them to each other and fight them.
Posted Image

#3 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:20 AM

I personally love the idea! I could work like Nintendo said the next super smash bros game will work! As in "the 3DS and Wii U games will work together in some fashion." but as you pointed out, it would be awesome to play a game like Luigi's mansion on a full HD console! And as the controller goes, I have an awesome idea for the game! On the TV screen, you would see the normal, Luigi's walking around with a flashlight and a vacuum, but on the controller, you could have an option that lasts like 15 seconds that allows you to move the controller in front of the tv screen, and it will act like an XRay machine, and for the 15 seconds, you will be able to see all of the ghosts hiding! That would be an awesome feature that would be able to load over game time played! Like a minute a second! IMO, that would be an awesome idea for the game!
Posted Image

#4 Mario Fan 123

Mario Fan 123

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:34 AM

On the TV screen, you would see the normal, Luigi's walking around with a flashlight and a vacuum, but on the controller, you could have an option that lasts like 15 seconds that allows you to move the controller in front of the tv screen, and it will act like an XRay machine, and for the 15 seconds, you will be able to see all of the ghosts hiding! That would be an awesome feature that would be able to load over game time played! Like a minute a second! IMO, that would be an awesome idea for the game!

Marvelous idea. I sometimes think some games need separate use of the controller, like that Zelda one shown at E3. While the game was shown at the TV, there was some sort of inventory in the touch-screen controller. There should also be some kind of Wii VacUUm accessory included... And the controller could be a sort of 'Game Boy Horror 2' when it wasn't using the x-ray function. Also, it should take 10 seconds. 15 seconds looks too long for me...

#5 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:52 AM

I wouldn't want them to port the 3DS version to the Wii U if that's what you were referring to, however, I am definitely up for a new Luigi's mansion for the Wii U.

#6 Mario Fan 123

Mario Fan 123

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:59 AM

I wouldn't want them to port the 3DS version to the Wii U if that's what you were referring to, however, I am definitely up for a new Luigi's mansion for the Wii U.

I'm meaning to port the Luigi's Mansion 2 3DS game with lots of changes to the Wii U, like Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

#7 Akis Hajittofi

Akis Hajittofi

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

NINTENDO put luigi's mansion 2 on the WII U it will look amazing in HD but dont port from the 3ds version ninty

#8 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:52 AM

I'm meaning to port the Luigi's Mansion 2 3DS game with lots of changes to the Wii U, like Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

I wouldn't buy a port of the 3DS game for the Wii U, even if it has lots of changes. I'd love to see a Luigi's Mansion 3 on the Wii U though.

#9 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:32 AM

I wouldn't buy a port of the 3DS game for the Wii U, even if it has lots of changes. I'd love to see a Luigi's Mansion 3 on the Wii U though.

I agree 100%. A handheld to console port doesn't sound very appealing to me. But some of you all's ideas on how to use the controller are fantastic!

#10 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

I'm fine with it being on the 3DS because it was Luigi's Mansion's gameplay that made it a great experience for me and the idea that I can take that experience everywhere with me is cool.

But yeah, I agree with AMAC, if 3 was on the Wii U I would like that.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#11 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

Nah keep Luigi's Mansion 2 on the 3DS.

1. The 3DS needs some more good exclusives.

2. It wouldn't make use of the Wii U's graphical capabilities.

However I would love Luigi's Mansion 3 on the Wii U. Could use the Wii Remote Plus as the sucking machine and torch and nunchuk to move. Not sure how they could use the Wii U's controller creatively but their Nintendo some I'm sure they could think of something.

#12 Sonic11

Sonic11

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:18 PM

Personally i want they to port Luigi's Mansion 2 on the WiiU
Posted Image

#13 Guest_Baroque_*

Guest_Baroque_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

I'd rather the 3DS have some exclusives.

#14 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:26 PM

I'd rather them not release a version of LM2 on the Wii U... I wouldn't mind a new game, but I'd rather single player First-Party Nintendo games to be on either one or the other. Prevents them from competing with themselves, and doesn't make it look like a bunch of ports everywhere.

...Though, if anything, I'd like a Kid Icarus game on the Wii U. That game would benefit more from voth HD and a tablet, IMO.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#15 sonicguy25

sonicguy25

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:40 PM

I would love them to put Luigi's Mansion 2 on the Wii U, but I doubt it'll happen.

#16 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:13 PM

Really, it's probably best to keep it 3DS-exclusive. Leave a free-roaming open-world Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi adventure for the Wii U.

#17 Someone

Someone

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:21 PM

I think it would be best to just keep it exclusively for the 3DS. I wouldn't want it to be a repeat of some handheld/home console pairs where there were two versions for a lot of games: one for the home one and one for the handheld one. It would make each console feel less special and it would be kind of repetitive to have two of everything! I also think it would keep the developers working on quality games instead of making one version, then editing another to make it fit for the handheld console.

#18 Anthony Vaughn

Anthony Vaughn

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:15 PM

I would mainly love to see this on the Wii U because of the HD graphics, your Wii U controller could be held vertically like the Game Boy Horror, and all of the large possibilities and design would impress me alone. Or, the Wii U controller could act as the Poltergust 5000, where you'd use the motion controls to catch the ghosts.

#19 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

There is virtually zero chance they will port it. But there is a chance that they would make another game for Wii U, but if they did it wouldn't be till 2014 ish or maybe later.

#20 Coller23

Coller23

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Every nintendo series, touhou

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

Nah 3DS should have it so thee wii u doesnt steal the 3ds versions glory.
Don't cry over spilled milk, it will be yogurt tomorrow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!