Wii U at E3 vs Sony

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

You can go back and do the history but plain and simple Sony HATES nintendo. I do believe that they will do everything in their power to try and take attention and gamers away from Wii U. Let's look at how.

1st. I believe Sony will in some form show a tech demo for the PS4. Now sonys CEO said they would be the last to show something and maybe that's true. If that's the case it leads to my second way.

2nd. 3 games! The last of us by naughty dog, the last Guardian by team ICO and the God of War Acension by Santa Monica. These will in my opinion be the 3 best looking games of this gen from a pure polygon aspect. Sony will show off these games and try to sell gamers they don't need the Wii U they can get close to next gen graphics on the PS3.

3rd. Now this goes in line with the above point. A price drop. Sony will drop the price this holiday season when the Wii U is released. So they are going to say we have this great library of games, PSN, blu-ray player and all the 3rd party games the Wii U will launch with(for the most part) by PS3 instead of the Wii U.

Now this is what nintendo must do IMO and sony doesn't stand a chance. 1 show unreal 4 demo running on the Wii U. 2 show a 3rd party next gen graphics exclusive heading to the Wii U. 3 show that they have an amazing 1st party engine for next gen by showing off Retro's new gaming that the newest rumor said will be massive. 4 show off nintendo network and how it can best PSN and LIVE and that's it.

What do you guys think?

#2 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

I lol at the fact that Sony hates Nintendo cause Nintendo betrayed them when they were going to make the Nintendo Playstation CD console.

28gxdv8.png

#3 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:52 AM

We all know that Sony's and Ninty's Relationship are as close to the Gamers and Eggplant Wizard's relationships
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#4 Chinomanila

Chinomanila

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda,Bioshock,Pikmin

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

I totally agree with the what Nintendo has to do at E3 part, I highly doubt the PS4 tech demo though.
Posted Image

#5 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

Yeah I doubt the PS4 tech demo but if rumors are true and it will ship next holiday season... I don't put it past sony.

#6 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

You can go back and do the history but plain and simple Sony HATES nintendo. I do believe that they will do everything in their power to try and take attention and gamers away from Wii U. Let's look at how.

1st. I believe Sony will in some form show a tech demo for the PS4. Now sonys CEO said they would be the last to show something and maybe that's true. If that's the case it leads to my second way.

2nd. 3 games! The last of us by naughty dog, the last Guardian by team ICO and the God of War Acension by Santa Monica. These will in my opinion be the 3 best looking games of this gen from a pure polygon aspect. Sony will show off these games and try to sell gamers they don't need the Wii U they can get close to next gen graphics on the PS3.

3rd. Now this goes in line with the above point. A price drop. Sony will drop the price this holiday season when the Wii U is released. So they are going to say we have this great library of games, PSN, blu-ray player and all the 3rd party games the Wii U will launch with(for the most part) by PS3 instead of the Wii U.

Now this is what nintendo must do IMO and sony doesn't stand a chance. 1 show unreal 4 demo running on the Wii U. 2 show a 3rd party next gen graphics exclusive heading to the Wii U. 3 show that they have an amazing 1st party engine for next gen by showing off Retro's new gaming that the newest rumor said will be massive. 4 show off nintendo network and how it can best PSN and LIVE and that's it.

What do you guys think?

I don't think Sony wants it with Nintendo just ask Iwata.

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/04/24/iwata-asks-kazuo-hirai/

#7 Ghirahim

Ghirahim

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

I don't think Sony wants it with Nintendo just ask Iwata.

http://www.nintendo-...ks-kazuo-hirai/

Iwata: Today I am joined by Kazuo Hirai, Chairman of Sony Computer Entertainment.

Hirai: Please, call me Kaz.

Iwata: Please do not call me Sat. [Laughs]

Hirai: [Frowns]

^ i lold. yeah he doesnt seem very happy to be there

#8 Gameboysoadvance

Gameboysoadvance

Blooper

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Iwata: Today I am joined by Kazuo Hirai, Chairman of Sony Computer Entertainment.

Hirai: Please, call me Kaz.

Iwata: Please do not call me Sat. [Laughs]

Hirai: [Frowns]

^ i lold. yeah he doesnt seem very happy to be there

I believe it's just photoshopped. But could you imagine that going down. He would have probably mother dog slapped Iwata. It would be the only way to defend the Vita.

#9 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

What do you guys think?

I think that Nintendo fanboys should stop being Sony haters for the sake of being Sony haters. I'm going on a rant here now, the amount of times I see comments on the blog sites about Nintendo vs Sony is just ridiculous. I went through that phase too at one point and now looking back, it was such a stupid trivial matter. You guys are meant to be Nintendo fans, and apparently by fanboy definition, for some reason Nintendo fan = Sony hater. This really annoys me that most people can't appreciate the fact there is competition and that these companies are clearly provided entertainment goods that enhance the experience to what their audience wants.

Now then, lets get down to business:
  • EVERY Nintendo competitor wants to take people's mind of the Wii U! It's the frigging elephant in the room, it's simple business sense, it's competition of course they want to make a better impression than Nintendo, it's not about hate! No PS4, because that would down play the upcoming games.
  • Those three games I am really amazed by, it's not to out show the Wii U by any means, this is just a coincidence. Even of this old tech, Naughty Dog is able to push out something so spectacular that visually looks better than most PC games. Sony really has great exclusives, not to you OP but to other haters, this isn't 2006-2007 anymore. This is what I meant by how back then hating was ridiculous because look how well the PS3 is actually turning out. Great games = sales = profit. Again it's normal practices that has nothing to do specifically with the Wii U coming out.
  • Price Drop, again simple business tactic, you want to maximise sales, make system either more affordable or better value to entice more buyers of that system. Again simple tactic that I am pretty sure both Sony and Microsoft are going to do, because they can. Both companies have high profit margins at the moment (Microsoft surely does) and they can afford to lower the prices down to be more attractive than the Wii U (bearing in mind that any console launch is really intended for core gamers than casuals, and that casuals are a small percentage, which is still significant).

#10 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:17 PM

PS3/PSV pricedrop seems legit. UE4 on Wii U doesn't.

But Nintendo will beat Sony. Again.
No sig.

#11 Grooseland

Grooseland

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

The only way Sony could take away attention from Nintendo's conference is to, at least, show something about the PS4.

Sony though, will be trying to work hard to get people interested in the Vita, (remember that new handheld from Sony?... yes? not doing very well.)

As far as the games... meh...

I'm more excited about Retro's new game, it will be shown at the conference and it is being described as "massive" B)

http://www.nintendoe...3-2012-edition/

#12 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Sorry but sony dislike for nintendo is more than just business. They take unnecessary jabs at nintendo whenever they get a chance. Thing microsoft doesn't do(since you think it just sony business pratices) 2 examples. Last E3 when nintendo showed off Wii U sony had to say welcome to the party we have been here since 2006 (HD graphics) microsoft said nothing. When 3ds launched what did sony HAVE to say its a babysitting tool. Really well its babysitting a lot of people and is out classing the ds by a million at this same tome in its lifecycle.... Oh BTW how are sales of the Vita going. I envy what sony did this gen with the new IP's(not in envy as I wanted them on a nintendo console just envy as in it was good business for their fans) but this gen they have made a bunch of assholes think the PS3 is better than any pc out their. I've heard PS3 fans say the "CELL" could run crysis 1 on high settings. Yes they are that delugional.

#13 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Man why can't E3 come faster
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#14 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

I lol at the fact that Sony hates Nintendo cause Nintendo betrayed them when they were going to make the Nintendo Playstation CD console.

I wouldn't say Nintendo betrayed Sony, they, more along the lines, set it equal with them. The way I heard it was Sony was going to take too much of the profits and were trying to take ownership of many of Nintendo’s franchises. Nintendo did not like this so they backed out of the deal.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#15 EternalDeadman

EternalDeadman

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo,and Sony

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:51 PM

I think that Nintendo fanboys should stop being Sony haters for the sake of being Sony haters. I'm going on a rant here now, the amount of times I see comments on the blog sites about Nintendo vs Sony is just ridiculous. I went through that phase too at one point and now looking back, it was such a stupid trivial matter. You guys are meant to be Nintendo fans, and apparently by fanboy definition, for some reason Nintendo fan = Sony hater. This really annoys me that most people can't appreciate the fact there is competition and that these companies are clearly provided entertainment goods that enhance the experience to what their audience wants.

Now then, lets get down to business:

• EVERY Nintendo competitor wants to take people's mind of the Wii U! It's the frigging elephant in the room, it's simple business sense, it's competition of course they want to make a better impression than Nintendo, it's not about hate! No PS4, because that would down play the upcoming games.
  • Those three games I am really amazed by, it's not to out show the Wii U by any means, this is just a coincidence. Even of this old tech, Naughty Dog is able to push out something so spectacular that visually looks better than most PC games. Sony really has great exclusives, not to you OP but to other haters, this isn't 2006-2007 anymore. This is what I meant by how back then hating was ridiculous because look how well the PS3 is actually turning out. Great games = sales = profit. Again it's normal practices that has nothing to do specifically with the Wii U coming out.
  • Price Drop, again simple business tactic, you want to maximise sales, make system either more affordable or better value to entice more buyers of that system. Again simple tactic that I am pretty sure both Sony and Microsoft are going to do, because they can. Both companies have high profit margins at the moment (Microsoft surely does) and they can afford to lower the prices down to be more attractive than the Wii U (bearing in mind that any console launch is really intended for core gamers than casuals, and that casuals are a small percentage, which is still significant).

Your theory is flawed because I'm a fan of both sony and nintendo.
3DS Friendcode:0688-5291-6191
3DS Username:Knightwing
PSN: EternalDeadman

#16 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

Your theory is flawed because I'm a fan of both sony and nintendo.

It wasn't a theory, I was implying that most Nintendo fans/fanboys are pretty much Sony haters. I didn't say all are because I too am a fan of both Sony and Nintendo.

#17 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

I'm assuming that either SONY still has a grudge on Nintendo for that incident that happened in the past or they are just playing the 'business game'. Averting your competition from the customers is one of the 'game's' moves. :P

I believe it's just photoshopped. But could you imagine that going down. He would have probably mother dog slapped Iwata. It would be the only way to defend the Vita.

The entire thing was supposed to be a satirical joke.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#18 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

No PS4 at all. They are sticking with the 10 year life span. But would do PS4 2 years prior to that like PS3. Which means PS4 in 2014. However with sonys financial situation they cannot afford a new system now they need money not use up more money making a system. This could be Sonys final E3. In 2 years time Sony could easily disappear forever. Plus PS3 is still selling decently. A price drop would hurt Sony more then it would help them.

Actually Microsoft said when asked about their thoughts on Wii U that he wasnt impressed...yet 6 months ish later Microsoft patentend a tablet like controller...tsk tsk tsk

Sorry but sony dislike for nintendo is more than just business. They take unnecessary jabs at nintendo whenever they get a chance. Thing microsoft doesn't do(since you think it just sony business pratices) 2 examples. Last E3 when nintendo showed off Wii U sony had to say welcome to the party we have been here since 2006 (HD graphics) microsoft said nothing. When 3ds launched what did sony HAVE to say its a babysitting tool. Really well its babysitting a lot of people and is out classing the ds by a million at this same tome in its lifecycle.... Oh BTW how are sales of the Vita going. I envy what sony did this gen with the new IP's(not in envy as I wanted them on a nintendo console just envy as in it was good business for their fans) but this gen they have made a bunch of assholes think the PS3 is better than any pc out their. I've heard PS3 fans say the "CELL" could run crysis 1 on high settings. Yes they are that delugional.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 17 May 2012 - 09:53 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#19 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

No PS4 at all. They are sticking with the 10 year life span. But would do PS4 2 years prior to that like PS3. Which means PS4 in 2014. However with sonys financial situation they cannot afford a new system now they need money not use up more money making a system. This could be Sonys final E3. In 2 years time Sony could easily disappear forever. Plus PS3 is still selling decently. A price drop would hurt Sony more then it would help them.

Actually Microsoft said when asked about their thoughts on Wii U that he wasnt impressed...yet 6 months ish later Microsoft patentend a tablet like controller...tsk tsk tsk

Funny how when Nintendo was in the same loss situation all Nintendo fans(including myself) were saying Nintendo were not going to go down and despite what news sites were suggesting, yet however when a completely different company than your prefered one posts a loss and is restructuring their plans your outright opinion is that they could no longer exist in 2 years time, I smell hipocrisy.

On to Microsofts patent, well Microsoft is making Windows 8 which is intended for tablets, with the Xbox hub being the primary focus ( Zune to be scrapped and rebranded as Xbox media) of course they would be a patent for tablet controller regardless of Wii U. The reason they said their not impressed is because they believe their solution is a much better solution.

Yes I enjoy being the devils advocate on these forums.

#20 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

Exactly Microsoft WHEN ASKED. Sony wasn't asked they just opened their mouth just to play bad guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!