Photo

Ubisoft employee leaks a massive load of Wii U info!

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#81 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

You seem to be defending this random guy to death...Purhaps your the one who actually wrote it and you just want everyone to believe you. A few things this individual said we already know as fact, some is like uhhh wtf? and the other stuff is just BS. Its fake get over it. At E3 it will be proven.

little of the info is "BS" or "wtf"

i still didnt explain everything ... acivements and cpu ... etc

The achivements argument is preety easy to explain:

not having achivements in first-party games and supporting global achivement system (for 3rd parties) are totally different things ... tsk tsk tsk

perception perception perception
asumption asumption asumption
you guys are too easy ... learn to understand context

Edited by Stewox, 20 May 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Posted Image

#82 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

you guys are too easy

And you believe anything. :rolleyes:

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#83 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:36 PM

The information in this article is nothing new nor surprising, except various details which are unconfirmable because of the nature of the post, however no hard evidence of being fake.
Posted Image

#84 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

No hard evidence stating its fact.

The information in this article is nothing new nor surprising, except various details which are unconfirmable because of the nature of the post, however no hard evidence of being fake.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#85 10k

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mass Effect, Mario

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

little of the info is "BS" or "wtf"

i still didnt explain everything ... acivements and cpu ... etc

The achivements argument is preety easy to explain:

not having achivements in first-party games and supporting global achivement system (for 3rd parties) are totally different things ... tsk tsk tsk

perception perception perception
asumption asumption asumption
you guys are too easy ... learn to understand context

In response to the bold part? A CPU that runs at 4GHz inside a small console box would melt away the console. A Nintendo console priced at $450 when they're most expensive home console ever was the Wii ($250)? Complete BS.
Posted Image
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

#86 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

One of the reasons why I call BULL.

Also because Nintendo wouldn't even announce the price on the E3. It's impossible (nearly) for Ubi to know a damn price. And $450 for a console that's less powerful than Xbox 3? Highly, highly doubt it.

Especially from the fact that the Wii U supposedly won't launch with an internal HDD and no special INTERNAL features. The only thing that would drive up the price is the controller. That leaves room for more power.

Posted Image

#87 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

It's the best case scenario from our very old projections, expectations and constructive speculation which is all from neogaf individuals like rosti, bgasssasin, ...etc etc and beyond3d forums. I could provide links but right now im on another machine and I don't have em bookmarked here.

Still it was known already that Xbox and PS4 will be a little more faster, about 20 to 30%, that's neglible, the point is that the hardware is actually up to date technologically. As a matter of fact, months ago, IGN leaked they know more, by stating that Xbo720 will be 20% stronger, and that is to be expected, totally no negative in that, but the funniest part is, the "20" ... this is a pretty small amount that won't make WiiU fall behind anywhere like the Wii did. Pure awesomeness i tell you, nintendo is horsing winning this every minute that passes and 1 year ahead of competition, or even longer if one party decides to wait longer from those two.

All the replies im going to make right now ... I see too much people not having idea and scope of how horsing important this news is, it's horsing awesome.

Is it fake ? How ?

I wasn't thinking of that at all since ubisoft has so much leaks, but what the heck, maybe it's a stupid dev, i know there are many. The fact that is shocked me is one thing, but when I'll have a more further look, I think something feels too good to be true, the 6GHZ does ...

One of the biggest factors is that the information is very compatible with the actual ture information, just because it's neogaf speculation doesn't mean it's wrong, actually specuation on neogaf and beyond3d is the most accurate and I am talking about individuals,not the tons of other people who are in for the lulz.

The info is also consistent with the ideamans hints, it's over 1GB, but it's not over 2GB of RAM ... so the info isn't at all that bad unless it was made to look like it, however the biggest point of being fake might be the developer said where he works.

I've just came here so I don't know if there was proof or not, and i haven't even checked all the pages ... give me some moments.

You are making a mistake.

DO NOT COMPARE PC ANYTHING WITH CONSOLES. The software layers on PC prevent it from getting the max optimizations and optimal performance, it's a significant amount, depends on how good the engine is, drivers, OS, API ... which on the Windows PC are one of the worse shape in the industry.

Very seriously meaning, search my posts on this forum here and you'll understand. I don't have em bookmarked here so I cant get you the links right now.

I wrote about optimization... But that's what we got now. I'm not an idiot.

28gxdv8.png

#88 andodel

andodel

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog, Nintendo

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:55 AM

Tech guys out there... Radeon 6770... Awesome, good, mediocre, old, meh, crap?

It's probably one of the better cards out there. My computers got the 6750, and I can run a ton of different games with no problems. Of course, 6770 isn't top of the line either, but an affordable card that will be good for the next couple of years at the least.

Honestly, I don't believe this. Why would a dev risk losing their job and alot of money, all to tell us this info?

#89 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:35 AM

I wrote about optimization... But that's what we got now. I'm not an idiot.

Can you please quote only the part you're replying to.

It's probably one of the better cards out there. My computers got the 6750, and I can run a ton of different games with no problems. Of course, 6770 isn't top of the line either, but an affordable card that will be good for the next couple of years at the least.

Honestly, I don't believe this. Why would a dev risk losing their job and alot of money, all to tell us this info?

It's the best case scenario for WiiU - it's won't be better than this. People still behave like PS3 and X720 are going to have much better hardware ... X720 probably not, but we don't know about PS4.

It's over 1TFLOPs just as said by the AMD insider ... it's 1.3 TFLOPs ... 5+ times more than X360 and 20% less than X720, the X360 has 240 GFLOPS or 0.24 TFLOPS

Sometimes I feel it's too good to be true ... the list really does look like it's a list pulled from all the web speculation.

In response to the bold part? A CPU that runs at 4GHz inside a small console box would melt away the console. A Nintendo console priced at $450 when they're most expensive home console ever was the Wii ($250)? Complete BS.

Those arguments are invalid.

I already explained about the price, read my posts.

I have yet to explain the only thing left, the CPU.

Again, pretty easy, GHZ alone doesn't mean anything, it's not comparable with PC hardware, and 6 GHZ has nothing special about it either, we don't know NOTHING about the chip yet only the possible family and what was based on. The age when GHZ meant something is over, the architecture, build quality, stability, features, cache, bandwidths and node process are more important than raw GHZ.

We have no details about the CPU, as long as the CPU is not overheating, as long as the CPU isn't drawing too much power they would like, it can be 6 of 4 GHZ, the number alone doesn't mean anything, and it doesn't prove anything either. One dev kit had 6GHz then they tried with that to test, but the final will be clocked down to 4GHZ to be cooled better ... that's all theories, we don't know, I am building around the information we know, i am not making stuff up, and these are the most accurate speculations, you need knowledge, and most people don't have to even participate in these debates, I wouldn't even be on this forum, if I could post on neogaf, and Im posting on beyond 3D as well where the actual tech community is.

Instead of focusing on the data and searching additional clues, I'm wasting time trying to explain basics to the noobs. Well .. this is the last post.

EDIT: The big point is ... you need to find other reasons to accuse it as fake.

I pretty much can see from the get go, but it's a question who made this list, because there simply is nothing too wrong with the raw info.

The overall scope of the info needs to be taken into account, the fact that he provides release date and price is suspicious, but I just wanted to get clear on the fact that it might not all be knowledge it might be developers OWN

The other thing is ... it's a pretty one in a million, it has to be some stupid employee to leak and tell this bunch of stuff out, especially with this kind of language, or he was trying to be as believeing as possible, no idea, he might have meant the equivalent GPU or what ... I don't really focus trying to find out if it's fake or not.

Still I pretty much don't care about the validity of the poster, I don't care about the release date, I don't care about the price, I am all about the tech, and if that's the data is not suspicious and is in-line with our and my findings and expectations then im going to defend it regardless of the origin of the source.

If it is fake then so be it, but that DOESN'T MAKE The tech info less valid.

Fake or Not: I never care about price or release date, the only people who most care about this are the non-techs, they care about these things and games, i never care about it, it's not important to know, great games will come no question about it, it's pretty clear from the get go, I know they shown only 10%, you need to think people, start using the brains, It was clear UE4 is coming to the WiiU, it is clear that many of the 3rd party games are coming to the WiiU, and personally i don't even care about 3rd parties, I won't play them on WiiU, I have nintendo for First-Parties, I have PC for everything else; tech-wise it's more important how much RAM the machine has, that's death or life, the next thing is the RANGE of the wireless controller, if you can have it around the house it's perfect, I don't want to be going 5 meters into the kitchen and lose signal, it's about the tech, I don't want the battery to be el-cheapo that runs out of juice in 3 hours, it's about the tech, I want USB3 support so it won't take EONS to transfer data and load games from external HDD (USB2 is too slow, depends on chip quality too, 35MB/s to 40MB/s = max while USB3 is 400-600MB/s, a typical (external) HDD achieves speeds 70-90 MB/s, better models of HDD such as my WD1002FAEX can sustain speeds at 126 MB/s); It's about the tech, I want analog 5.1 sound output possible via the WiiU Multi AV out connector, not just HDMI, because I have my own 5.1 sorround speaker set, using the HDMI i can only connect to the crappy HDTV speakers which are stereo. It's all about the tech, I want the WiiU zapper to be boundled with the games which use them or the system at launch. It's all about the tech, i want to have ethernet port on the console instead of using usb adapter. It's all about the tech, I want to be able to watch youtube without the web browser crashing and running out of memory, It's all about the tech, I want the touch screen to be up to standards so it's not delaying and unresponsive as in many tablets, I don't want the touch detection to be buggy and trouble registering the gestures. It's all about the tech, I want the console and games to support 16:10 aspect-ratio not just 16:9. It's all about the tech, I want the console to display relevant system info, such as the resolution games are operating at any given time. It's all about the tech, I want the controller's LCD to be able to be disabled completely, I want the LCD resolution to be adjustable for developers, they can dynamically adjust it what suits best in any given time in the gameplay so the controller won't draw resources when it's not needed, so when you are reading something you can max out the LCD resolution because there is little activity on the main HDTV screen, but when you're in action you're looking at the maint HDTV, you don't need the LCD screen on the controller to display max quality resolution, or disable it temporairly(black screen with some info or some message displaying "stanby" or something... it's up to the developer, possibilities would be endless)

Edited by Stewox, 21 May 2012 - 04:06 AM.

Posted Image

#90 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

I don't believe one bit of it, I would totally be down on this rumour but something is just too fishy about it. It feels more constructed speculation than actual fact.

Though, the 6770 rumours can hold. I believe the 4870 and 6770 nearly have the same performance in games. I'm assuming that because I assume the 5770 delivered similar performance as 4870 and that the 6770 literally is the 5770 in terms of games (I remember reading an article back when it came out that it advised readers to pick up 5770 since it was cheaper (last gen is always cheaper, gen meaning last year) and had same nearly same performance as the 6770.

thpugh I expect there's been a few modifications such as bandwith increase.

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 21 May 2012 - 05:51 AM.

#91 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:35 AM

I dont get why people are calling it the Xbox 8? Care to explain that to me? What happened to Xbox 720?

its the eigth console generation
Posted Image

#92 FreakAlchemist

FreakAlchemist

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link Samus MegaMan KidBuu Vegeta

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

Ah i was trying to figure that out thanks.

Edited by FreakAlchemist, 21 May 2012 - 09:45 AM.

Posted Image

3DS Friend code: 0602-6262-8935

just pm me if you want to friend me

#93 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:41 AM

Not for microsoft. It will be their third. And they as a company never had anything to do with it at the beginning , I do not want this company to be associated with it, like calling it 8 because it's 8 console generation.

They can call it 8 as their Windows generation ...

Edited by Stewox, 21 May 2012 - 10:43 AM.

Posted Image

#94 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

lol might as well go with Nintendo 8 instead of Wii U and Playstatioin 8 lol.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 21 May 2012 - 12:37 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#95 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

Some random xbox website claims they have insider news that the NextBox will be called Xbox 8, previous code names apparently include infinity and loop.

They whole 8 branding is to coincide with Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 (however assuming that this will be released in 2014, windows 9 previews would have been released by then and win 9 to launch around late 2015).

Again I don't believe it and will cast it aside, since other MS insiders haven't leaked out such things.

I agree with your point about not believing this Wii U post, something clearly is fishy and to me just looks like a person took all the speculation and presented it as facts.

#96 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#97 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

6ghz? No...

6 core?... At least a possibility

#98 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

Aha and i forgot achievements didn't i ... maybe don't know.

There's a difference betweent "not having first-party achievements" "not supporting achivements"

That was nintendo talking about their first-party games, not about the console's support, it's pretty clear. And COME ON GUYS, the console doesn't even have to support "achivementz" ... it can all be in the game and game's profile, this is so silly how when people who have no technical knowlege speak about this things, the only thing the console does is makes those achivements appear in a global list of your gamertag or something ... a few lines of code, it's pretty trivial, it's not rocket science.

Personally i never cared about achivements, i want old-style hints, secret areas and easter eggs.
Posted Image

#99 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

^ agree. I hope they support achievements for third party games, but for most first party I would dislike it (Zelda, Metroid)

Some random xbox website claims they have insider news that the NextBox will be called Xbox 8, previous code names apparently include infinity and loop.

They whole 8 branding is to coincide with Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 (however assuming that this will be released in 2014, windows 9 previews would have been released by then and win 9 to launch around late 2015).

Again I don't believe it and will cast it aside, since other MS insiders haven't leaked out such things.

I agree with your point about not believing this Wii U post, something clearly is fishy and to me just looks like a person took all the speculation and presented it as facts.

Well, 8 is the number for infinite loop, so it could be true.
No sig.

#100 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:03 AM

I'm really confused, because to me he is presenting rumours and opinions as fact or perhaps I just don't believe in that supposed "Ubisoft" leak. It really is fishy and I think people are using that as a legimate excuse to haave their rumours and speculation proving wrong. That's just me.

I've heard about DC but this is the first time I've actually heard from him and it seems like rumours

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!