• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 I4got2pullout999

I4got2pullout999

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

According to wiiudaily the wii u will have achievements, Nintendo is said to be expanding the service where players who accumulate a certain amount of points get access to additional features, sounds interesting here's the link www.http://wiiudaily.com/

#2 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

Wii U will have something similar to achievments. Like the accomplishments on the 3DS. I personally would rather Nintendo just kept with unlocking things in game that actually changes the game. Achievments are pretty pointless. Spend an hour get a 50 point achievment...but it doesnt do anything its just for showing off. I would rather games be like in Smash Bros where you do something like Break The Targets for every character and fight a new character to unlock. That actually adds to the game.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 02 June 2012 - 01:26 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#3 MiSoRamen

MiSoRamen

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

I think this is a great idea! It will be like competing agaisnt your friends for the highest achievement points, but its taking it to the next level with unlockables such as "multiplayer skins".

Edited by MiSoRamen, 02 June 2012 - 01:34 PM.

Posted Image

#4 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

I think thats good in A way, it prolongs the games & you can compare points with others mabye unlock items for your mii,

1367065580450s.jpg

#5 MiSoRamen

MiSoRamen

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

I think thats good in A way, it prolongs the games & you can compare points with others mabye unlock items for your mii,

What if there was a store where we could buy clothing for our Mii? We could earn currency as an unlockable for getting achievement points.

Edited by MiSoRamen, 02 June 2012 - 01:33 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Rizsparky

Rizsparky

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

The real purpose of 'achievements' are to increase the replayability of a game imo, the only reason I am currently playing Super Mario Land 3DS is to get 5 shiny stars next to my saved game; a bit sad i know but it makes the experience alot more fun.

Edited by Rizsparky, 02 June 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#7 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

I recall Nintendo stating that they do not like achievements, but I get the feeling that they've changed attitudes since saying that.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#8 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

Despite the fact that I've unlocked about 50% of all the achievements in Team Fortress 2, I don't like them. Actually I really don't like them. The purpose of playing is to have fun, not try and achieve some random, pointless, task just because the game says you need to.

Nobody tells me what I need to achieve, I do my own thing. And the only reason I've unlocked the Team Fortress 2 achievements is because I got most of them just playing. I wasn't really trying to get any of them.

#9 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

Despite the fact that I've unlocked about 50% of all the achievements in Team Fortress 2, I don't like them. Actually I really don't like them. The purpose of playing is to have fun, not try and achieve some random, pointless, task just because the game says you need to.

Nobody tells me what I need to achieve, I do my own thing. And the only reason I've unlocked the Team Fortress 2 achievements is because I got most of them just playing. I wasn't really trying to get any of them.

I don't recall achievements ever being compulsory.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#10 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:13 AM

Your picture is perfect for that speech

1367065580450s.jpg

#11 Mitchjg216

Mitchjg216

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

That's a great idea, it actually gives players a reason to go achievement hunting, rather than just showing off to your friends that you have a high gamerscore or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!