Photo

Might be wrong spot to post but oh well. NO XBOX 720 AT E3.

General Gaming

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Just like I along with countless others. There was no mention of any new system from Microsoft at their E3 lol.
[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#2 MiSoRamen

MiSoRamen

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

They should have because the conference was kind of stale. Then again, I am not a giant Microsoft fan ...

Edited by MiSoRamen, 04 June 2012 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image

#3 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

I sort of agree, but I guess they're just trying to milk it as much as they can before they need to release a new system. It was bad to me but I thought it was just 'cause I don't have an Xbox but my brother who plays it agreed so...
Posted Image

#4 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

Yeah I really like the smart glass way to try and one up on the Wii U gamepad momentum. Fist bump :laugh: !!

#5 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

Yeah. They will save that for their next press conference. It is a good thing for the Wii U though, because it will have one less new game console to compete with this Christmas.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#6 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

Smart glass is nice in theory but the wii u is a combination of tablet and game pad

Posted Image

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

Yeah Smartglass seemed kind of their answer to Wii U. Like: we don't need a special controller, everyone already has damn tablets!

Well I waaay prefer Wii U Gamepad lol.

They overfocused on Kinect. And people complain about Nintendo being too casual? Please watch this conference. -_-

What did amaze me however was SC: Black List, RE6 (FTW!), Halo 4, GOW and Tomb Raider. These were nice. COD:BO2 also pleasantly surprised!

Edited by Keviin, 04 June 2012 - 10:33 AM.

No sig.

#8 MiSoRamen

MiSoRamen

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

Yeah Smartglass seemed kind of their answer to Wii U. Like: we don't need a special controller, everyone already has damn tablets!

They overfocused on Kinect. And people complain about Nintendo being too casual? Please watch this conference. -_-

What did amaze me however was SC: Black List, RE6 (FTW!), Halo 4, GOW and Tomb Raider. These were nice. COD:BO2 also pleasantly surprised!

You took the words out of my mouth. :P

Edited by MiSoRamen, 04 June 2012 - 10:35 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

Was a terrible conference and I'm honestly not surprised at all... Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 were cool though.

Posted Image

#10 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

Tomb Raider was the best part of the conference for me.

LordPickleton.png

#11 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Halo 4 was the only good thing lol. Microsoft just doesnt get it. NOBODY WANTS KINECT. Gears Of War Judgement was abit of a surprise. No Assasins Creed 3....I guess Ubisoft wants Nintendo to show it off lol.

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

Posted Image

Really? Even after they specifically said that it wasn't going to happen? Shocker there. :rolleyes:

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

They actully didn't focus on Kinect as much as last year, they focused way to much though on apps and sports.

#14 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

It was terrible in my opinion! The Halo and Black Ops gameplays were boring, there was no need for that bloody Usher concert, the games they shown looked crap, and they focused too much on that sport and Nike crap that no one is ever going to use. I hope Sony's one is much better.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

Oh my god, I watched the microsoft conference and it was SOOOO boring.. I fast forwarded it... They sawed us games that coming for all other platforms, so... I wonder if the videos where str8 from the machine.. pc for an instance to look better... lol ...

I loved the splinter cell game, i am going to buy it for wii U or pc... when it comes.. As for the glass thing.. I was laughing man.. what crap is that.. I am not interested to transfer my game in my mobile, I use mobile to make phone calls.. lol And halo 4 ... was... halo.. I mean, ok... I played the prev 3.. not in a mood to undust my xbox for halo 4... lol

Edited by Orion, 04 June 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#16 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

Some people said Microsoft was lying when they said there would be no new system at E3. They said they just want to throw people off and make it a surprise lol...

Posted Image

Really? Even after they specifically said that it wasn't going to happen? Shocker there. :rolleyes:

#17 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Just like I along with countless others. There was no mention of any new system from Microsoft at their E3 lol.

Didn't anyone get the memo that no console was going to be shown in the first place?

#18 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Some people said Microsoft was lying when they said there would be no new system at E3. They said they just want to throw people off and make it a surprise lol...

Generally, whenever a company says something won't happen, it won't happen. I thought this was rather well known knowledge? :huh:

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#19 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Microsoft's unveiling of the Xbox Glass Tablet was the most EPIC FAIL peripheral I've ever seen!!!!! Although Tomb Raider were great, this iPad clone was the worst idea.

Posted Image

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#20 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

Ha! The XBOX Conference was a joke! Halo 4, Splinter Cell and that Lara Croft game all looked like the same game and same environments but with different weapons. -_-

XBOX Smart Glass is no killer of the Wii U. It might be used quite often for media and some such but for gaming it'll go the way of Kinetic and be pretty much useless. Developers will have to decide whether they are going to make their game compatible with Kinect, voice command, tablet, controllers or all of the above and this might make for a more confusing game and game development process.

"Now that I've checked out these stats on my tablet, I've got to put that down and pick up the game controller. Wait a minute. How do you unpause this? Oh yeah! "XBOX. Unpause!" Gah! That didn't work. Lemme try waving my arm around. Hey! That did it! Ha! Too bad for those poor saps playing their Wii U with its one main controller interface that it was specifically developed for and next gen graphics." :P

Even Peter Monyneux, creator of the Fable series, said in an interview on Spike right after the XBOX conference that: "I don't want choice, I just want solutions."

And speaking of Kinetic, did you all see that awesome demonstration? Me neither. There was nothing awesome about it. It was amusing to see the lady flopping her arms around while the entire time she was thinking to herself: 'they don't pay me enough to do this crap'. :laugh:

Then there was no mention whatsoever of a possible Next XBOX 8 720. Guess Nintendo caught em off guard with their announcement. I expect the same hush hush on a new console from Sony's conference.

Can't wait for Nintendo's conference tomorrow. Even if it's bad, there's no way it can be XBOX conference bad. :laugh:

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!