13 replies to this topic

#1 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

http://wiiublog.com/...s-of-the-wii-u/

So apparently it is now able to stream SD quality video feeds to 4 controllers. Would be awesome if true, I think its time for nintendo to just come with it and tell us tbh :D.
There's also some more info on the systems actual specs.

Edited by TheSparrow87, 14 June 2011 - 02:43 PM.

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

http://wiiublog.com/the-technical-specifications-of-the-wii-u/

So apparently it is now able to stream SD quality video feeds to 4 controllers. Would be awesome if true, I think its time for nintendo to just come with it and tell us tbh :D.
There's also some more info on the systems actual specs.

Blashempy, the true blog is Wiiugo

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

Blashempy, the true blog is Wiiugo

can't help David was faster on this one :D

#4 Marik

Marik

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

Extremely ignorant thread. Nintendo isn't the one throwing out these guesses, it's being done by spectators. I'm assuming they mean by the video card's specs it'd be possible, but no one understands the streaming feature of the console enough. Personally I'm anticipating only a single controller support, with a possibility of two for a friend to come over and play.

#5 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:59 PM

Extremely ignorant thread. Nintendo isn't the one throwing out these guesses, it's being done by spectators. I'm assuming they mean by the video card's specs it'd be possible, but no one understands the streaming feature of the console enough. Personally I'm anticipating only a single controller support, with a possibility of two for a friend to come over and play.

True, but Nintendo and other third parties have said some confusing things making it difficult to understand whether or not there will be support for multiple controllers.
But I don't expect an announcement for a few months yet.

#6 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:30 PM

I would be happy even if it was just 2 controllers, but 4 is perfectly fine as well! Good news, and I agree Nintendo needs to come out and give us some more detailed info!
Posted Image

#7 Aznhomieboi1689

Aznhomieboi1689

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:42 PM

So it could mean four controllers support? Then that'd be cool! :D

#8 rob_shadows

rob_shadows

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

Basically it's sounding the the tech is in there to allow the video streaming but that doesn't mean it can allow everything else (processing touch/motion control input, camera, etc...). Like I said in the other thread about Wii U supporting two controllers, I'll take it all with a grain of salt until Iwata himself says it will...as of now he has said it will support only 1 and they won't be sold separately.

#9 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:11 AM

Basically it's sounding the the tech is in there to allow the video streaming but that doesn't mean it can allow everything else (processing touch/motion control input, camera, etc...). Like I said in the other thread about Wii U supporting two controllers, I'll take it all with a grain of salt until Iwata himself says it will...as of now he has said it will support only 1 and they won't be sold separately.

As far as I know it was a Nintendo Representative at a booth who said it wouldn't be sold separately and Miyamoto said the console was designed for one but are looking at the possibilities for 2. To me this only means you can't have 2 people streaming a full game to the controller, without a serious drop in quality. Something as simple as a menu screen like Zelda or picking plays like Madden should never be a problem.

#10 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

As far as I know it was a Nintendo Representative at a booth who said it wouldn't be sold separately and Miyamoto said the console was designed for one but are looking at the possibilities for 2. To me this only means you can't have 2 people streaming a full game to the controller, without a serious drop in quality. Something as simple as a menu screen like Zelda or picking plays like Madden should never be a problem.

My guess is that Nintendo will have a play around and test out how it may work before releasing an official statement. We may yet see multiple controllers.

#11 Rockalot

Rockalot

Blooper

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:10 AM

It would be cool yeah, but really I'm not overly concerned. I think Nintendo focused too much on the new controller and not enough on the console itself at E3.

Think about it this way: The Wii U is just a Wii, with super awesome graphics, a new awesome online structure. Oh yeah and there's this new controller.

Of they had announced it that way people would be like "Wow awesome just what I wanted, and hey what are the possibilities of this new controller they BRIEFLY mentioned? I wonder!" Instead of "omg iz stupid i son evin know wat they r thinkin omgggg ONE CONTROLLER THATS ALL THE SYSTEM ISSSZZZzz"

I mean, yeah it'd be great, but there's so much more to this new system! I guess that's my point.

Posted Image

#12 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:16 AM

Perhaps it is a cost thing? We know how cost-sensitive Nintendo can be and no doubt they have already tested for multiple controllers, why wouldn't they? These controllers must be, relatively, expensive, but the streaming must also push the processors too, more powerful or multiple processors might solve the technical problems, but would bring a financial cost.

This might be what Nintendo are still thinking about, before giving a definitive answer.

#13 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:49 AM

I think no matter how many new controllers the wiiU supports, Nintendo will hopefully find a way to make it work. My only gripe is that they're keeping the stigmatized wii remotes around.

#14 Roy

Roy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ninja Bread Man. Best. Game. Ever

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

Nice. But can it stream whilst rendering the image on the main screen? I'm guessing so.

Hello, I am Roy.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!