Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

E3 2012 summed up: Disappointmentland

#42 Ixnay on the CK

Ixnay on the CK

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

They totally had the chance to come out and show some awesome graphics, and a combination of hardcore games and classic Nintendo games.

I mean ZombiU, Assassin's Creed, Tekken Tag 2, but I mean the rest are just rereleases.

Wii Fit U??? Is that REALLY what everyone's been asking for? No.

The new Super Mario Bros U looks cool but we really need an open world Mario like Mario 64.

No mention of big sellers like Call of Duty.

Tell us more about the online aspect, how will people chat during games. Bubbles and text messages? ( I assume the mic on the remote) But they really needed to tell us MORE.
It wasn't as bad as say Sony's conference but man my hopes were high on this one, but they just came out and the whole thing was Ho hum. :unsure:

#43 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

At the end of the day, I believe that everybody promised to nintendo last year.. Remember EA? who gave about 1 hour of interview... How sports will look like, how first persons will look like, etc.. and this year they didnt even released fifa.. the most trash game for the casuals... Something happened, I dont think its nintendos fault.. But I do believe even if I am not a console fanboy, that nintendo needs our support more than ever.. They invest lots into it. I just hope the specs are feature proof (not the ones that leaked while ago.. but better gpu and improved cache and cpu)..

I remember nintendo avoided to show up in some game shows, because of E3, I am sure this is not what they wanted to be...

Edited by Orion, 05 June 2012 - 02:54 PM.

#44 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Wow. I am VERY disappointed.
More than ANYTHING I was looking forward to the 3 AMAZING GAMES THEY TEASED!
I DIDN'T ASK FOR WII FIT U. There wasn't barely ANYTHING APPEALING to us old Nintendo fans.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED NINTENDO! But there is still more times to announce things.
I just can't put my anger into words.

#45 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

well i think thats the end of it!
nintendos final hope is now dead.
there is no reasin for me to change from a ps3 or xbox!
the graphics are on par and there still not getting games the only nintendo games that interest me (metroid fzero) are no were to be seen i will definatly not be buying this console im going out today and buying a ps3. what a waste of my time!!!!!

#46 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

well I left sony from ps2 and I also abandoned my 360 from 2009.. But I will give some time to Nintendo... The reason I did that, the built quality and after a point, the graphical quality of the games.

Microsoft proved me, that they HAVE NO IDEA what console means. Trash machine.. brakes so easy... I hear the same thing about ps3 and even if I wanted to play a couple of games... I dont want a machine that is proved to expire every few months or year.

Edited by Orion, 05 June 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#47 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:50 PM

At the end of the day, I believe that everybody promised to nintendo last year.. Remember EA? who gave about 1 hour of interview... How sports will look like, how first persons will look like, etc.. and this year they didnt even released fifa.. the most trash game for the casuals... Something happened, I dont think its nintendos fault.. But I do believe even if I am not a console fanboy, that nintendo needs our support more than ever.. They invest lots into it. I just hope the specs are feature proof (not the ones that leaked while ago.. but better gpu and improved cache and cpu)..

I remember nintendo avoided to show up in some game shows, because of E3, I am sure this is not what they wanted to be...

Thats bullcrap Fifa 13 is confirmed google it. They just showed crap today and focused on casual bulldroppings.

#48 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Did anyone see how realistic that Lego game looked? That truly amazed me....

Nintendos strategy---
E3 conference- show casual titles and features because mainly casuals will attend this..
Dev round table- make sure the investors understand the console, how it works and it's selling points
The rest of e3 and beyond( small conferences and events)- announce hardcore and core support for the system to get GAMERS hypedd because they check for new updates more than casuals.
Lastly- Take over the world...

Remember they are a business to make money and the casual market is the largest. So they took more time to lock those in while holding on to core titles for a more appropriate time...

Edited by Link707, 05 June 2012 - 07:57 PM.

Posted Image

#49 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thats bullcrap Fifa 13 is confirmed google it. They just showed crap today and focused on casual bulldroppings.

why should i support them when there not giving me what i want!

im really really shattered

#50 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Did anyone see how realistic that Lego game looked? That truly amazed me....

Yeah. I saw a video of it and I have to admit, pretty darn good. I'm not sure if it's PS3 quality or slightly better but I can't complain. :) Although in terms of a true demonstration of Wii U's power, I'll be holding my breadth for Metroid + Unreal Engine 3.9 (Samaritan level graphics). Obviously UE4 would be better but it's not likely.

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#51 erasure242

erasure242

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

LOL wow most of the people on here are so negative. Nintendo did what they had to do... Over the next few months you will see a few Nintendo Directs aimed at the Wii U, and they will slowly show off more stuff... Price, release date, etc... I think Nintendo had a good show... They showed off the system and what it could do...

Nintendo showed off stuff for the core and for the casual gamers in one hour... And its not easy to fit a bunch of content into 60 minutes...

Mario looks awesome... I've been waiting forever for a HD 2-D Mario game and this one fits the bill...

Zombi U looks very promising...

Pikmin 3 looks awesome...

Games like Darksiders 2, Assassins Creed 3, Rayman Legends and Project P-100 look great... And the 3rd party games have a little extra that the PS3/360 will not have...

I also think people need to be patient with Nintendo Land... This will basically be a "This is what this system and Wii U Gamepad can do" game, much like Wii Sports...

Be patient... I've been attending/watching E3 events since its birth in 1995 and IMO Nintendo had a very good show IMO... If you look around and read the hands-on stuff that journalists are experiencing you will see that they are liking what they see and play... I think most of you are disappointed because you expected the world from Nintendo... Games will come...

Look at the 3DS... A year later and the system has a ton of great games coming out... Be patient Nintendo fans...

#52 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

LOL wow most of the people on here are so negative. Nintendo did what they had to do... Over the next few months you will see a few Nintendo Directs aimed at the Wii U, and they will slowly show off more stuff... Price, release date, etc... I think Nintendo had a good show... They showed off the system and what it could do...

Nintendo showed off stuff for the core and for the casual gamers in one hour... And its not easy to fit a bunch of content into 60 minutes...

Mario looks awesome... I've been waiting forever for a HD 2-D Mario game and this one fits the bill...

Ummm no times up!!!

Games like Darksiders 2, Assassins Creed 3, Rayman Legends and Project P-100 look great... And the 3rd party games have a little extra that the PS3/360 will not have...

I also think people need to be patient with Nintendo Land... This will basically be a "This is what this system and Wii U Gamepad can do" game, much like Wii Sports...

Be patient... I've been attending/watching E3 events since its birth in 1995 and IMO Nintendo had a very good show IMO... If you look around and read the hands-on stuff that journalists are experiencing you will see that they are liking what they see and play... I think most of you are disappointed because you expected the world from Nintendo... Games will come...

Look at the 3DS... A year later and the system has a ton of great games coming out... Be patient Nintendo fans...

#53 BeyondSmash

BeyondSmash

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

I actually think you are right. Patience.
Thanks for that post.

Edited by BeyondSmash, 05 June 2012 - 08:54 PM.

#54 erasure242

erasure242

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

We still have Tokyo Game Show and I am also sure that we will see a lot of Nintendo Direct videos before October/November when the Wii U launches...

Also, I have to actually hand it to Nintendo... They are finally making changes... and they are not as tight-lipped as they used to be back in the day... They have embraced the social media genre as well.. posting stuff on facebook, twitter, etc... A few years that was just not the kind of thing Nintendo would do...

I believe that the Wii U and 3DS will be big players in the coming years... The Wii U games will come... Do we really care about games like SiNG and Wii Fit U? No.. But I hope they sell like crazy!!! Sales = more systems sold... More systems sold = More developers jumping on-board to develop for the Wii U...

We also still have so much more to learn about the Wii U OS...

If anything I am excited about the coming months... This should be a great year for Nintendo fans... Both with the Wii U and 3DS... The 3DS had a lackluster launch and look at it now... tons of great stuff coming... The games will come... This time next year E3 2012 will be an afterthought, and we will be seeing a ton of great software for the Wii U...

#55 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

Eh I was trying to defend Nintendo against myself with the whole "NintendoLand is probably gonna be like WiiSports" But it's been said it may not even be a bundled in title. Since it wasn't in Japan to begin with. Even though they claim they'll make it playable for the core audience too, I probably won't play it unless it's bundled or a cheap DL game with the current amount shown. My opinion may change after Nintendo proves it's a good game but for now it looks like the kind of game that you play for a week and forget about.
Posted Image

#56 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

No. We are negative today because I guess we expected so much, we are usually a great community (Well, not including me,I guess) We should have set our expections to drop-dead low if people expect us to "Get over our expectations" Of today's horrible, terrible, conference.
Posted Image

#57 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, thanks for hating on casuals like me, who I guess have crap taste.
Honestly, it's E3, nothing very big. It was obvious from the beginning that there weren't going to be any surprises or big events, hell, the WiiU probably isn't even perfected yet. But nintendo was forced to do what they did because of marketing skills and over-demanding fans.

I guess that you guys don't like Rayman, Pikmin, Batman, or AC3 as much as you want nintendo to pump out a zelda game right after SS or a mario game right after the tons of other ones. Besides, F-Zero and others are not very popular and don't deserve special hype compared to great upcoming games like Rayman.
Quality is always better than showing a half made game or something that will be scrapped almost instantly.

Hey, you guys remember the terrible game that was Luigi's mansion? Yeah, you don't, because it was a great game even if it was different. Man, it feels like the gamecube anger all over again, this is why I hate E3.

#58 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

...A ton of stuff. :)

And I agree, for the most part. A lot of us rushed in here right after the conference and complained about what they didn't announce. Then we saw P-100 and it actually looks quite good. I'm also with ya on the Mario HD game. It appeals to me quite a bit. Then a new Wario game.

But I guess I was disappointed with the conference itself because I had higher expectations. I was under the impression that the majority of the conference was going to be targeted towards the hardcore fans but it wasn't really.

I'm sure they'll redeem themselves to the hardcore fans in the coming months with some great games but I was waiting a year for E3 to have the major announcements, not some blog.

Btw, welcome to the forums! Nice to have ya. :)

Edited by ShadowVector, 05 June 2012 - 11:03 PM.

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#59 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

So, I have watched it. Its not really that bad. It didn't do what Nintendo needed, sure. However, it wasn't bad. Overall, better than Microsoft and tied with Sony. I think they showed the online concept for the Wii U. They showed some graphics ... Nothing impressive. I believe that it shows they aren't ready, and it scares me. I hope Nintendo's third party developers can pull the slack. Otherwise we are in for a repeat 3DS launch.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#60 Fully87

Fully87

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dark Souls, Deus Ex, Half-Life

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:03 AM

Considering all they have showed so far is launch window stuff, I think it looks quite promising.

Were getting good first party titles like Pikmin 3 and a new Mario, Plus the third party exclusives Rayman Legends and ZombieU.

And it looks as if were getting the best versions of Aliens Colonial Marines and Batman Arkham City.

This is all launch window stuff and most people only buy 2-3 games with a new console.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!