• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

This E3 just sucked, I hope Nintendo sees these negitive comments so they can fix the problem they did.

#22 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

I agree that the conference was a bit underwhelming, but it wasn't that bad. Some of the games they showed looked very good, such as Super Marios Bros U and Pikmin and although they won't appeal to everyone, titles like Wii Fit U and Zombi U could also be very popular with people who enjoy those types of game. We also have a clearer idea now about exactly how the controller will be used I'm games, so I wouldn't say it was a bad conference by any means. Besides, we should get some exciting news tomorrow, albeit not much that's related to the Wii U.

#23 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

I agree that the conference was a bit underwhelming, but it wasn't that bad. Some of the games they showed looked very good, such as Super Marios Bros U and Pikmin and although they won't appeal to everyone, titles like Wii Fit U and Zombi U could also be very popular with people who enjoy those types of game. We also have a clearer idea now about exactly how the controller will be used I'm games, so I wouldn't say it was a bad conference by any means. Besides, we should get some exciting news tomorrow, albeit not much that's related to the Wii U.

I scared that Nintendo still messed it up with the power of the Wii U and third party support, Nintendo you said you want the Wii U to be for the core gamer but why did you fail at that at E3?.

#24 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

I scared that Nintendo still messed it up with the power of the Wii U and third party support, Nintendo you said you want the Wii U to be for the core gamer but why did you fail at that at E3?.

I doubt it was ever really meant for core gamers, or at least the "image" of what a core gamer is. You don't build a system around a tablet controller and then say it's for the core gamer that sits in front of his or her TV for hours playing Skyrim or COD or Madden. Maybe a small percentage of those gamers were interested in the gamepad adding something new to that aspect of gaming but I'd imagine (just my guess) that many or most don't care about it.

I know Nintendo said the Wii U was for BOTH hardcore and casual gamers last year, but I really see very little geared really toward the hardcore save for the Pro Controller, which was the only thing from this week I'm actually excited about coming from Nintendo.

#25 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

The conference Was gReat! I dont know why you people are hating on it . Itwas definately one of the best conferences at e3 . They showed multiple 3 rd party games and showed that the wii u is for the casual and hardcore . The 3 rd party support was definately there and also WHEN HAS ANY COMPANY TALKED ABOUT ENIGINES running on their console? NONE . People who are saying this was bad needs to see what nintendo had on thier shoulders this e3 . I thought the games lineup is the best i have ever seen for a system at launch too . Everyone has thier own opinion but i completely disagree with anyone who didnt like the conferences and also pikmin3 really showed off the graphics . Get over it people its only e3 they have the whole year ahead geesh. This e3 was a win with all the feedback they got with the wii u and thats what they wanted

Xbox had halo 4 (decent ) but already overrated, and sony did good too but nowhere near nintendo

Edited by hardcoreUfan, 05 June 2012 - 01:24 PM.

Signature_Fox.png

#26 Pong

Pong

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Did anybody find last years E3 more exciting? I think it would have been better if the 3DS and Wii U shared the time more equally, and they showed something more surprising like Super Mario Galaxy 3. Hopefully there's something at the round table.

Edited by Pong, 05 June 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#27 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

When is roundtable?
No sig.

#28 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

The conference Was gReat! I dont know why you people are hating on it . Itwas definately one of the best conferences at e3 . They showed multiple 3 rd party games and showed that the wii u is for the casual and hardcore . The 3 rd party support was definately there

Eh, they did have 3rd party support but a lot of the "hardcore" 3rd party stuff has been released on other consoles by now. The only hardcore ones not released are Darksiders, Aliens, and ZombiU iirc, which isn't much. As for non"hardcore" the main noteworthy ones are Rayman Legends and Scribblenauts.
It was decent but nothing that Nintendo promised. They stressed they would have a good variety and prove they were trying to be hardcore. Less than half of the games were "hardcore". Nintendo themselves didn't even release a "hardcore" title. Just Pikmin, which as much as I love it, isn't hardcore lol. Maybe plain "core".

All these terms are stupid. :/ TL;DR, not enough NEW variety.
Posted Image

#29 Ixnay on the CK

Ixnay on the CK

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

yeah...not exactly the return to focusing on "hardcore" gaming experience they promised. I mean SiNG?? WTF was that. i was laughing my head off when I saw that god awful trailer.

#30 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

Eh, they did have 3rd party support but a lot of the "hardcore" 3rd party stuff has been released on other consoles by now. The only hardcore ones not released are Darksiders, Aliens, and ZombiU iirc, which isn't much. As for non"hardcore" the main noteworthy ones are Rayman Legends and Scribblenauts.
It was decent but nothing that Nintendo promised. They stressed they would have a good variety and prove they were trying to be hardcore. Less than half of the games were "hardcore". Nintendo themselves didn't even release a "hardcore" title. Just Pikmin, which as much as I love it, isn't hardcore lol. Maybe plain "core".

All these terms are stupid. :/ TL;DR, not enough NEW variety.

watch the other conferences there are more games Bioshock moh bo2 watching dogs crysis far cry Spec Ops the line etc.

#31 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

watch the other conferences there are more games Bioshock moh bo2 watching dogs crysis far cry Spec Ops the line etc.

I saw Watch Dogs...don't remember the others, but iirc they didn't have any mention of the Wii U.
Posted Image

#32 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

I saw Watch Dogs...don't remember the others, but iirc they didn't have any mention of the Wii U.

u said not many will come out later and thats false

#33 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

u said not many will come out later and thats false

Wat. I never said that more 3rd party support won't come out later. I was saying as far as Nintendo's E3 conference, there is not much third party hardcore support, and a decent amount of them are games already out on systems. I didn't see many games confirmed for Wii U at the other conferences. Mainly Rayman.
Nintendo said they won't follow the 3DS's launch lineup and there is barely a difference. Still ports of older games, and no single system seller. (Barring Pikmin 3 for me. And ZombiU has an interesting game mechanic but it's fighting against too many others right now)
I know there will be support later, silly. :P

Edited by Ixchel, 05 June 2012 - 06:30 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Nintendoes

Nintendoes

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

People look at the facts. This is launch people of course the graphics are going to run at current gen performance. But after launch, in 2013 , the games will look like pc. The launch titles ARE awesome if you look away from Wii Fit U and Sing. Those titles are only meant for the casuals! Look at these launch titles, which are not even close to all of them and tell me that they suck.

Edited by Nintendoes, 05 June 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#35 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

Wat. I never said that more 3rd party support won't come out later. I was saying as far as Nintendo's E3 conference, there is not much third party hardcore support, and a decent amount of them are games already out on systems. I didn't see many games confirmed for Wii U at the other conferences. Mainly Rayman.
Nintendo said they won't follow the 3DS's launch lineup and there is barely a difference. Still ports of older games, and no single system seller. (Barring Pikmin 3 for me. And ZombiU has an interesting game mechanic but it's fighting against too many others right now)
I know there will be support later, silly. :P

I know what you said. You said there won't be that much games in the hardcore market in the future but with the games I listed I proved that was false.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 05 June 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#36 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

I know what you said. You said there won't be that much games in the hardcore market in the future but with the games I listed I proved that was false.

Umn... Then, not to be rude, you didn't know what I said? I never mentioned the future, just launch.
They stressed they would have a good variety and prove they were trying to be hardcore [at the E3 Conference].
Maybe this clarification will help?

Edited by Ixchel, 05 June 2012 - 06:45 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

Umn... Then, not to be rude, you didn't know what I said? I never mentioned the future, just launch.
They stressed they would have a good variety and prove they were trying to be hardcore [at the E3 Conference].
Maybe this clarification will help?

quote:
Eh, they did have 3rd party support but a lot of the "hardcore" 3rd party stuff has been released on other consoles by now.

#38 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

Yup, it is exactly what I feared as well. I figured there wouldn't be much of anything for me there, considering the franchises I like and their release patterns. However, I expected there to at least be a surprise or two.

Instead it was just embarrassing. Surely there's something they could have shown us other than "SiNG", Wii U Fit, and Just Dance 4! Like, you know, they could have gave more acknowledgement to the 3DS and talked about Animal Crossing.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#39 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

quote:
Eh, they did have 3rd party support but a lot of the "hardcore" 3rd party stuff has been released on other consoles by now.

I see nothing wrong or conflicting. A notable amount of the games considered hardcore 3rd party titles, revealed by Nintendo at their conference, have released already.
(Ninja Gaiden and Mass Effect are already out, Darksiders 2 will release in August, Tekken Tag Tournament in September, which are both before the expected Winter release date. So they will all be released on other consoles first.)
So that in addition to the lack of 1st party hardcore titles made their conference sorta suck after Nintendo hinted they'd really cater to the hardcore audience to win them back. There's nothing else I implied. Never said anything about future game releases.

Edited by Ixchel, 05 June 2012 - 09:09 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

I thought you ment all games were released so they could hardly get any so I said many will come out later and listed them. But it was a misunderstanding.

I thought you ment all were released so they could hardly get any so I said many will come out later and listed it. But it was a misunderstanding.

Edited by Sportsgamer, 05 June 2012 - 09:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!