• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

They didn't show much games, they showed lots of games we already knew off and only some unknown games :(

I'm really sad now...I'm just hoping Nintendo proves us wrong later.

#2 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

Not interested in ZombieU. -_- Quite interested in Super Mario Bros. U, but it's old news. :) Very interested in Pikman, but it's also old news. :D No mention of a Metroid or Star Fox game? Come on! Disappointed! :( NintendoLand looked nice but meh. No new demonstration of Wii U's graphics capabilities. :( No mention of Unreal Engine 4 being able to run on Wii U. :(

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#3 SpacePope

SpacePope

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

I think the conference was more of a cover image of what they're really doing. There's a developers conference tonight at 6 PM PDT and often times, surprise games are announced there...I would wait until E3 is over.

Edited by SpacePope, 05 June 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

It was freaking boring for a Nintendo conference.

Only interesting games were Pikmin 3 and NSMBU (BABY YOSHI!). All others were boriiiiing. Stuff we already knew, or extremely casual stuff like Wii Fit U. And the games looked.. not pretty.

Definitely NO launch buy.
No sig.

#5 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

I hyped it way more, I'm really sad and I don't like how Nintendo put too much work on Sing and some of those other casual games, I was really hoping Watch Dog would be confirmed but nope, You know what if Nintendo doesn't impress me when E3 is done I might just not focus only on Wii U, NINTENDO WHY DID YOU RUIN IT!

#6 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros.U were interesting games.I need more fottage of ZombiU though.
Posted Image

#7 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

I don't like Pikimin, so I was REALLY disappointed. Rayman, Mario, and AC were the only interesting things to me, and that's not nearly enough.

#8 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

Project P-100 from Platinum Games looks cool. :)

#9 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Well that was terrible,

No new IP, Pikmin 3 big woop (Only the environments looked great but the game just seem great), NSMBU just the same stuff with a few things changed. Great job nintendo, thanks for disappointing this year.

#10 SpacePope

SpacePope

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

Keep in mind that Pikmin 3 and other titles were first unveiled at last years developer's conference, rather than their main presentation. E3 is far from over yet.

The main problem is that everyone is expecting Nintendo to announce EVERYTHING they're working on in the span of an hour, which is absolutely impossible. They're working on so many things that they're forced to have several conferences to announce them all.

They have their developers conference tonight at 6 PM PDT. The 3DS has its own conference tomorrow at 6 PM PDT, just for 3DS and that's never happened before. There may be other surprise events, like the recent Project P-100 presentation on Spike TV. Be patient.

Edited by SpacePope, 05 June 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#11 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

Well, at least it wasn't Microsoft Conference bad. No unnecessary concert or silly 3D angry birds with terrible Kinect interactivity. There has got to be more, though!

The main problem is that everyone is expecting Nintendo to announce EVERYTHING they're working on in the span of an hour, which is absolutely impossible. They're working on so many things that they're forced to have several conferences to announce them all. The 3DS has its own conference tomorrow at 6 PM PDT, just for 3DS and that's never happened before. Be patient.

Well being that it's a huge E3 event, most were hoping that they announce the really big unknown titles and not Sing and Wii Fit U garbage. Even at the very least it would have been nice to see a hint of a new or returning title like Metroid or Star Fox or F-Zero.

#12 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

It wasn't that bad. Even though most of the original games were already announced, we got to see more of the Wii U controller and how it applies to the games. The zombie game looks interesting, but that's the only new game that I saw that looks actually interesting and hasn't been announced before E3.

Besides the Wii U, there was some good news on 3ds titles like the new super mario bros. 2 and luigi's mansion 2, and paper mario. But, the 3ds show better be good and show some games, or this E3 will be kind of disappointing for me, because I was looking forward to new 3ds games getting revealed that actually look good.

Edited by Elric, 05 June 2012 - 10:22 AM.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#13 SpacePope

SpacePope

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

There has got to be more, though!

There is. Never reveal all your cards at once, especially your aces. I've followed Nintendo since the 2000 SpaceWorld, and the best thing I've learned is to be patient. Nintendo likes to announce things off-camera and in a smaller, closed setting.

Well being that it's a huge E3 event, most were hoping that they announce the really big unknown titles and not Sing and Wii Fit U garbage. Even at the very least it would have been nice to see a hint of a new or returning title like Metroid or Star Fox or F-Zero.

This is Nintendo's current marketing strategy, which they need to push in order to remain profitable. Plugging into the social sphere will net them huge profits. They are becoming the Facebook of the gaming world. This will leave the hardcore gamer a little angry, but there's something in store for them as well I believe.

Edited by SpacePope, 05 June 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#14 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

I pray by the grace of God that they read the negative comments and slip some info by confirming more new games. Like they showed SS artwork early. Now THAT gets some hype trains going.
No sig.

#15 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

All people is freking out in all forums it was just awful
Posted Image

#16 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

All people is freking out in all forums it was just awful

NeoGaf must be going nuts! :o

#17 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

Let me.. I'm not dissapointed easily, but they could have done so much better.
No sig.

#18 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

NeoGaf must be going nuts! :o

They deffinetely are. Can't blame them, Nintendo said they were going hardcore but they did a Wii U-Turn

#19 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

I was annoyed about the zombieU gameplay video as it had the controller in the foreground and you couldn't see the graphics clearly on the rear screen. It felt like they were doing that for a reason but what i saw of the graphics looked ok but perhaps I would have changed my mind if I could have seen them better.

Watch dogs looked amazing. Not so much in gameplay but in the world detail of the engine.

http://watchdogs.ubi...ame/en-GB/home/

The batman video of wii u gameplay looked ok about current gen performance.

While not all the information is out yet, the dev kit spec and what I can see of the wii U performance seems to me to confirm its about current gen performance except for double the memory. Still represents a huge generation jump from the original wii. The Nintendo land video showed that for cartoon graphics its going to be a very nice system indeed.

Generally I'm pleased with what I've seen because it meets my expectations almost head on although must admit I was hopeing for just a little bit more. That said there is still ample chance I will be pleasently surprised when more details of the spec leak out.

I was so hopeing for one title to be shown that really showed the power of the wii U in a positive light. As expected Nintendo focused on the game pad a bit too much for my liking.

#20 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

I don't expect them to reveal everything, but they need to prioritize things better. They said they were gonna try to be more hardcore but the more "casual" stuff really outnumbered the only 1st party core title. (Pikmin, which as much as I love it, isn't really that "hardcore" imo) The Mario title looked casual to me and it's in a sea of more Mario.
Half the 3rd Party titles have already released elsewhere, with only Batman having a decent reason for a repurchase.
Of the remaining 3rd parties, it's one zombie game in a sea of other zombies, with basically only Rayman Legends, Scribblenauts, and Aliens being noteworthy. So it's... One or two hardcore 3rd parties plus Pikmin, compared to many "casual" titles. Not even at all and it has really disappointed a lot of people hoping for more effort to show a variety.
I agree it was disappointing. :/
(Even if I will secretly possibly still buy some of the "lesser" casual titles!)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!