• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 darkknight41

darkknight41

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

Nintendo of America executive Scott Moffitt has told ABCNews that you can transfer your Wii Virtual Console purchases to Wii U. Good news for those with a Wii console brimming with past classics.

Fans who have purchased libraries of old games will not lose their downloaded game titles when they decide to upgrade to the new system, a decision in line with how Apple’s iTunes store operates regarding digital downloads of game apps. Moffitt said that there will be a bit of restructuring of how their login IDs/accounts work with the Wii U; he told us, “You will have an individual account based system. Each member of your family might have their own account.”

http://mynintendonew...games-to-wii-u/

#2 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

That might be the best Nintendo news to come out of E3 so far.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

What's with the Apple comparison?
They weren't the first to do an online store with DRM tied to accounts...

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Good! I expected this!

#5 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

That might be the best Nintendo news to come out of E3 so far.

I was just about to post this same thing. Now I'll be able to trade in my Wii if and when I upgrade to the Wii U.

#6 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

So, I wonder if I'll be able to trade in my Wii before I buy the Wii U, or I have to have both to transfer... :blink:

The Joestars always have a strategy. And that is to...
RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#7 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Awesome! I spent quite an amount of cash on the Virtual Console.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#8 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Awesome! I completely quit buying VC games years ago, when the DSi released, because Nintendo was stupid. Now they're no longer stupid. I can resume buying VC games now.

My wallet isn't too happy about that, but that's ok. ;-)

#9 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

Awesome! I completely quit buying VC games years ago, when the DSi released, because Nintendo was stupid. Now they're no longer stupid. I can resume buying VC games now.

My wallet isn't too happy about that, but that's ok. ;-)

Well, hopefully they aren't too slow on the Virtual console releases. They would release games only once in a while, and then it's not even really that good. Hopefully Nintendo fixes the output resolution problems on the games. I can't even play Neo Geo games on the Wii because I have the component cables and they set the resolution to one that my tv doesn't support.

RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#10 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

Well, hopefully they aren't too slow on the Virtual console releases. They would release games only once in a while, and then it's not even really that good. Hopefully Nintendo fixes the output resolution problems on the games. I can't even play Neo Geo games on the Wii because I have the component cables and they set the resolution to one that my tv doesn't support.

I don't expect the release pace to pick up, but maybe with this news Nintendo may realise the potential.

I've never had any resolution problems, but that may be because my TV is only 720p. I'm considering upgrading to 1080p when the WiiU finally releases.

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:32 AM

What's with the Apple comparison?
They weren't the first to do an online store with DRM tied to accounts...

What's your point. He never said they were. He was just giving an example.

#12 Coreykun667

Coreykun667

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

I don't expect the release pace to pick up, but maybe with this news Nintendo may realise the potential.

I've never had any resolution problems, but that may be because my TV is only 720p. I'm considering upgrading to 1080p when the WiiU finally releases.

It was something with the Wii having some Virtual Console games default to displaying 240 lines of video. Some HDTV's are unable to display a signal with only 240 lines. All the other ones work perfectly except the Neo Geo titles.

RUN AWAY joestar-run.gif

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

What's your point. He never said they were. He was just giving an example.

It's a terrible example.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

It's a terrible example.

No it isn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic