• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

People forget that launches of games systems usually are horrible. There will be a lot of people not buying day one. Some will be waiting and some just might not be able to afford it yet. Games will be coming later on. This for me is a better launch of games than I can remember. You want the launch games to succeed. I have friends that are mad that they couldn't do the things that they can do in Batman Arkham City the way the Wii U can. It has peeked some interest to some people. Back to the topic, this is simple a business decision. Sometimes, we can't understand what a company is thinking or doing but they know the plan. They know what they are doing. Here is some info on last gen launch with links and the Wii U launch line up link.

http://xbox360.ign.c...6/666490p1.html
XBox 360
  • Amped 3 (2K Sports)
  • Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
  • Condemned: Criminal Origins (SEGA)
  • FIFA Soccer 06 Road to 2006 FIFA World Cup (Electronic Arts)
  • GUN (Activision)
  • Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft)
  • Madden NFL 06 (Electronic Arts)
  • NBA 2K6 (2K Sports)
  • NBA LIVE 06 (Electronic Arts)
  • Need for Speed Most Wanted (Electronic Arts)
  • NHL 2K6 (2K Sports)
  • Perfect Dark Zero (Microsoft)
  • Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie (Ubisoft)
  • Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft)
  • Quake 4 (id Software and Activision)
  • Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)
  • Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 (Electronic Arts)
  • Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)
PS3

http://www.1up.com/n...3-launch-lineup

Nintendo Wii U
http://www.officialn...u-launch-games/

Edited by Tre, 07 June 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#22 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:22 PM

I doubt that nintendo will be able to get back all the hardcore gamers, and especially NOT pc gamers, from what I read, what I ve seen... but lets give it some time and we will see.. When u see a sleek console, means weak tech and beautiful looks. But if u see a potato console, means power... I was expecting it bigger, but lets wait and see... All I need, at least for this and next year, to be on par with PC graphics... If it cant do that, then its not a good investment if u already have a good pc.

The problem? gaming PCs are ridiculously annoying to deal with. I'll stick to consoles, thanks.

Though I do see why some people see it as worth all the trouble. And money.

#23 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

The problem? gaming PCs are ridiculously annoying to deal with. I'll stick to consoles, thanks.

Though I do see why some people see it as worth all the trouble. And money.

It is worth it for me. I enjoy both. It is no trouble at all. People tend to forget that no consoles or pc will have all the core gamers. It is improbable to happen.

Edited by Tre, 07 June 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#24 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

pS4????

I liked Xbox360 launch lineup more than PS3's.

#25 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

pS4????

I liked Xbox360 launch lineup more than PS3's.

Thanks! It has been edited. I'm a fan of sport games too, so it did interest me. I will buy more games for the Wii U at launch than I did for the PS3 and XBox 360.

Edited by Tre, 07 June 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#26 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

People complaining because its not PC graphics now? wow.

Gaming PCs cost $1000 + (yes I know they have to do a lot more than just gaming but still) Wii U is rumoured to cost around 300-350, so obviously it is not going to have PC graphics.

#27 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:16 PM

An added problem now is Nintendo is being pigheaded about the launch window. If your game isn't launch window you cant talk about it apparently yet.

Let me guess, these devs are being threatened by Nintendo ninja's?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#28 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

People complaining because its not PC graphics now? wow.

Gaming PCs cost $1000 + (yes I know they have to do a lot more than just gaming but still) Wii U is rumoured to cost around 300-350, so obviously it is not going to have PC graphics.

You can build a PC that just plays games for about $550. The reason why you assume all gaming PCs are over $1000 is because they use premium graphics cards, SSD, higher end motherboard and socket platforms (1155 is way cheaper than 2011, but 2011 has proper support for 3 and 4 way mutligpu). They also tend to over clock and spend a lot of money on cooling and a really good case.

They're expensive because they buy on sales products. With consoles the console maker makes a bulk order of components, making it cheaper than what it should be. The amount of RAM etc is less because consoles are embedded systems, only putting in enough memory that they believe they need.

People are complaining because in this next gen, nintendo may get left behind again. Great they've got current gen third party content but what about next gen third party content? If it will look worse so who will buy the Wii U say if the PSnext and nextbox are only $50 or $75 more expensive and have better looking third party games.

#29 Repsys7

Repsys7

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

You can build a PC that just plays games for about $550. The reason why you assume all gaming PCs are over $1000 is because they use premium graphics cards, SSD, higher end motherboard and socket platforms (1155 is way cheaper than 2011, but 2011 has proper support for 3 and 4 way mutligpu). They also tend to over clock and spend a lot of money on cooling and a really good case.

They're expensive because they buy on sales products. With consoles the console maker makes a bulk order of components, making it cheaper than what it should be. The amount of RAM etc is less because consoles are embedded systems, only putting in enough memory that they believe they need.

People are complaining because in this next gen, nintendo may get left behind again. Great they've got current gen third party content but what about next gen third party content? If it will look worse so who will buy the Wii U say if the PSnext and nextbox are only $50 or $75 more expensive and have better looking third party games.

I know you can build them for that price but that wont be able to play the later games on ultra settings anyway, I'm talking about a computer that can do that. And I know consoles dont need to be as powerful because not as much multitasking and stuff needed and your last bit of your post has nothing to do with my post anyway, thats fair enough if you want to complain about that, but my post was talking about people complaining about not getting ultra PC graphics on the Wii U.

All of what you have said anyway doesnt make up to something being $700 cheaper but still able to produce the same graphics.

#30 SpacePope

SpacePope

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

Very few third party games were shown off at E3 so this is possible. Might have been deliberate.

#31 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:45 AM

u can built, modify to whatever u want ur PC.. and u have superior (nothing to do with the consoles) game experience, also u can connect ur 42" tv with ur pc and enjoy ur games there at 1080p. And there's were nintendo always f#$# it up... For example when 360 and ps3 came out, was in PAR with a high and pc for the first 2-3 years... Wii U is already outdated for the pc. ( I repeat if the leaks are true about the hardware...)... Remember our speculations? about 640 spu and 16 rops Gpu... forget about these things... Wii U is strong, and it was about to be A NEXT GEN console, 2-3 year ago.. not now..

I will wait for the release and hardware reviews.. if my fears come true, I will wait for a dramatic price drop first.. My fears are 150 up to 320 spus and 8 rops gpu...

this thing here
  • Unified shader architecture executes vertex, geometry, and pixel shaders
  • Multi-sample anti-aliasing (2, 4, or 8 samples per pixel)
  • Read from multi-sample surfaces in the shader
  • 128-bit floating point HDR texture filtering
  • High resolution texture support (up to 8192 x 8192
is translated as 8 rops gpu such as the 360 and ps3 gpus.. in combination with the announcement that wii U plays at 720p... gives us the result of a 4650 up to 4850 gpu (because it has a tessellation unit)

Edited by Orion, 08 June 2012 - 03:53 AM.

#32 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

u can built, modify to whatever u want ur PC.. and u have superior (nothing to do with the consoles) game experience, also u can connect ur 42" tv with ur pc and enjoy ur games there at 1080p. And there's were nintendo always f#$# it up... For example when 360 and ps3 came out, was in PAR with a high and pc for the first 2-3 years... Wii U is already outdated for the pc. ( I repeat if the leaks are true about the hardware...)... Remember our speculations? about 640 spu and 16 rops Gpu... forget about these things... Wii U is strong, and it was about to be A NEXT GEN console, 2-3 year ago.. not now..

I will wait for the release and hardware reviews.. if my fears come true, I will wait for a dramatic price drop first.. My fears are 150 up to 320 spus and 8 rops gpu...

this thing here

• Unified shader architecture executes vertex, geometry, and pixel shaders
  • Multi-sample anti-aliasing (2, 4, or 8 samples per pixel)
  • Read from multi-sample surfaces in the shader
  • 128-bit floating point HDR texture filtering
  • High resolution texture support (up to 8192 x 8192
is translated as 8 rops gpu such as the 360 and ps3 gpus.. in combination with the announcement that wii U plays at 720p... gives us the result of a 4650 up to 4850 gpu (because it has a tessellation unit)

I am still skeptical, they still brand it as an AMD GPU and not ATi. The 4850 was an ATi GPU, unless if it's customised then it's branded as AMD. That can be a problem. Considering that Pikmin was made on early dev equipment and that the Wii U consoles are not actually on. The GT/Spike All access showing of ZombiU did not show any cable connecting to the console, so it could be old dev kits being used.

We'll find out when iFixit does a tear down.

#33 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

http://www.neogaf.co...26&postcount=74

Nintendo will have another big Wii U confernece before launch to detail a ton of stuff. I call it Summer Conference because Im guessing late August Early September for it.

http://www.neogaf.co...2&postcount=202

An added problem now is Nintendo is being pigheaded about the launch window. If your game isn't launch window you cant talk about it apparently yet.

http://www.neogaf.co...01&postcount=90

Well, I was told by a guy at Gearbox that Nintendo didn't want them talking about Colonial Marines. Which is why it's not at the show.

If this is true then lots of "no plans about it being on Wii U" is NDA

Nintendo are a pain when it comes to control.

They don't want you to talk about your game if it is going to compete with a similar genre that is releasing at a different time.

To be fair, sony and MS aren't much different.

Plus, launch games aren't going to be that great looking compared to games coming out later next year. So, it you start showing off your awesome game that started life on final hardware with a modern engine, no one is going to want the current stuff that looks dated in comparison.

It's just business sense.

#34 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

I am still skeptical, they still brand it as an AMD GPU and not ATi. The 4850 was an ATi GPU, unless if it's customised then it's branded as AMD. That can be a problem. Considering that Pikmin was made on early dev equipment and that the Wii U consoles are not actually on. The GT/Spike All access showing of ZombiU did not show any cable connecting to the console, so it could be old dev kits being used.

We'll find out when iFixit does a tear down.

From the time being AMD rebranded it to AMD instead of ATI, it is the same thing, everything is AMD from that point and after... And yes, i am waiting for a hardware review before I decide, because nintendo does not give the specs..

Edited by Orion, 08 June 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#35 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

Let me guess, these devs are being threatened by Nintendo ninja's?

Ninja's? Nooo... Miyamoto and his Pikmins
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!