#61 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

where ?please link since I can't find it on the internet or even being talked about on NeoGaf .

they said it runs on iphone and pc and everything between, ie. ps3 and xbox360
Posted Image

#62 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

epic said the first UE4 game will ship in 2013.. if its before holidays it might be in ps3/360 but well have to wait and see
Posted Image

#63 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

I feel your confused with what he said and assume it would also mean these 2 consoles. He was asked if it would adventually run on IOS devices and he said certainly. Now a Average person would think oh that would mean 360 and ps3 support confirmed but you are getting ahead of yourself . Unreal Engine 4 at this moment is not in use anywhere and its to be assumed because of that Unreal Engine 4 will be available to newer Versions of Apple IOS devices.

Its also safe to remember sometimes its not how powerful something is as much as how new something is and the capabilities of something made with newer tech even if it is slightly weaker than some older hardware(xbox 360 and ps3). Overall I feel your taking to much thought into a quick second response in a interview since yes it will come to IOS when who knows but I assume newer IOS devices a year from now(which would be the time when it jumps ahead of the ps3 and 360 as well as coupled with much newer tech) when it is thought Unreal engine 4 will start being used .

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 21 June 2012 - 12:42 PM.

• RnR likes this

#64 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

It plays Assassin's creed and Mario and that's all I want in a console! If I wanted photo realistic graphics I'd get a PC!

Pc doesn't have Mario Metroid and Fzero legally. We want to play those in good graphics and on a gamepad that has a screen microphone and NFC. You can't do that on pc so I want it to have great graphics and gameplay like the gamecube.

#65 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

I'd only think Unreal 4 would run on future phones with sharks that have lasers on their heads. Then again the minimum running requirements have NOT been stated. I'm guessing Unreal 4 is for PC video cards capable of DirectX11 and above.

Then again Epic may only release Unreal 4 for consoles after at least two "net gen" consoles are out so they can optimise the engine for consoles. Although Crytek and EA have already got game engines that are already next gen ready capable of far more than what any console current or next gen can run. So it'd be nice for Unreal 4 to be scalable, at least down to Wii U standards if it can't make the 360 and pS3

I however am very pleased that Cry3 looks beautiful on Wii U, and I can't wait for Frostbite and Cryengine 3 to show us what the Wii U is really capable of.

Edited by Penguin101, 21 June 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#66 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

I feel your confused with what he said and assume it would also mean these 2 consoles. He was asked if it would adventually run on IOS devices and he said certainly. Now a Average person would think oh that would mean 360 and ps3 support confirmed but you are getting ahead of yourself . Unreal Engine 4 at this moment is not in use anywhere and its to be assumed because of that Unreal Engine 4 will be available to newer Versions of Apple IOS devices.

Its also safe to remember sometimes its not how powerful something is as much as how new something is and the capabilities of something made with newer tech even if it is slightly weaker than some older hardware(xbox 360 and ps3). Overall I feel your taking to much thought into a quick second response in a interview since yes it will come to IOS when who knows but I assume newer IOS devices a year from now(which would be the time when it jumps ahead of the ps3 and 360 as well as coupled with much newer tech) when it is thought Unreal engine 4 will start being used .

its an engine, not a game, its an engine with lots and lots of potential, but still, its an engine, meaning you can create many different types of games with it, if you create a game that isn't very demanding with UE4, it should run on weak hardware, just because the best game UE4 can create won't run on ps3 and xbox360, doesnt mean every UE4 game wont be able to. people need to understand the difference between games and engines. its software that lets you create demanding and less demanding games depending on how you use it
Posted Image

#67 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

You can make app store games on UE4

#68 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

its an engine, not a game, its an engine with lots and lots of potential, but still, its an engine, meaning you can create many different types of games with it, if you create a game that isn't very demanding with UE4, it should run on weak hardware, just because the best game UE4 can create won't run on ps3 and xbox360, doesnt mean every UE4 game wont be able to. people need to understand the difference between games and engines. its software that lets you create demanding and less demanding games depending on how you use it

But you need to understand if you lower down Unreal Engine 4 to 360 and ps3 it might as well be done on Unreal Engine 3 that like saying well " you can run Unreal Engine 3 on the wii I mean you have to disable and dumb down all the features but its still possible" The problem with that is clearly after you done that you could have just used Unreal Engine 2 and did it easier than having to use Unreal Engine 3 and suffering from errors and many other problems with it. Its really that simple with the power and ability of 360 and ps3 their no point in using unreal engine 4 because once all said in done you could have did that project on unreal engine 3 and had a easier time.

One may than ask Well IOS devices are not as strong as my big console HUR HUR. Well your right at the moment they are bit weaker but once the next series of the IOS devices come out next year they will be stronger and supporting the features needed to actually make use of Unreal Engine 4 which I believe will be a selling point of the IOS devices being released in (2013?) is them running unreal engine 4.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 21 June 2012 - 04:30 PM.

#69 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

But you need to understand if you lower down Unreal Engine 4 to 360 and ps3 it might as well be done on Unreal Engine 3 that like saying well " you can run Unreal Engine 3 on the wii I mean you have to disable and dumb down all the features but its still possible" The problem with that is clearly after you done that you could have just used Unreal Engine 2 and did it easier than having to use Unreal Engine 3 and suffering from errors and many other problems with it.

While half of that is true, if Epic were smart enough they'd make it's scalable. It means that a games studio don't need to hire another team to work with the Unreal 3 Engine and build Unreal 3 character models and environments etc. In terms if some Wii games it felt like a totally different game, most developers didn't even bother.

With Frostbite 2 and Cry Engine 3, it seems to be a far better deal. It's scalable, and works well with all 7th and 8th Gen consoles. We're not sure if Unreal 4 will work at all well on 7th Gen let alone the Wii U which wont be as powerful as PS4 or Nextbox. I hope Unreal 4 will work well enough to function decently on Wii U, at least at 30FPS.

#70 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

Someone would never say that though because the Xbox 360 is massively superior to the original xbox with only the sound chip meant to be a similar design and the fact the original xbox is superior in that every xbox has a hard drive which isn't the case for the 360. No one would realistically compare them as they are a clear generation apart.

Honestly, if you read the entire comment, it makes sense. He was saying he doesn't understand why people believe the Wii U is less powerful then the Xbox 360. He can't tell you any specifics considering he has no doubt signed NDA, so he says it is at minimum as powerful as the 360.

So yes, this comment tells us nothing. Yet people continue to be negative and when some try to wait and see attitude we are told oh you're a fan that's why you are giving Nintendo a pass.

Honestly, this song and dance is getting old.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#71 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

But you need to understand if you lower down Unreal Engine 4 to 360 and ps3 it might as well be done on Unreal Engine 3 that like saying well " you can run Unreal Engine 3 on the wii I mean you have to disable and dumb down all the features but its still possible" The problem with that is clearly after you done that you could have just used Unreal Engine 2 and did it easier than having to use Unreal Engine 3 and suffering from errors and many other problems with it. Its really that simple with the power and ability of 360 and ps3 their no point in using unreal engine 4 because once all said in done you could have did that project on unreal engine 3 and had a easier time.

One may than ask Well IOS devices are not as strong as my big console HUR HUR. Well your right at the moment they are bit weaker but once the next series of the IOS devices come out next year they will be stronger and supporting the features needed to actually make use of Unreal Engine 4 which I believe will be a selling point of the IOS devices being released in (2013?) is them running unreal engine 4.

not really because you still dont understand the point of an improved engine, its not just graphics, its like upgrading from microsoft office 2004 to 2010.
Posted Image

#72 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

not really because you still dont understand the point of an improved engine, its not just graphics, its like upgrading from microsoft office 2004 to 2010.

Latest version of Unreal engine 3 was this month or the one before that its not like Unreal engine 3 from 2006 is the same one as the version from 2012 and each month a new one will come out Unreal Engine 3 is far from outdated in that respect and because of that their no point in using Unreal Engine 4 on the current consoles. Running Unreal Engine 4 on the current gen lf consoles is equivalent to just using unreal engine 3 .

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 22 June 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#73 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

Latest version of Unreal engine 3 was this month or the one before that its not like Unreal engine 3 from 2006 is the same one as the version from 2012 and each month a new one will come out Unreal Engine 3 is far from outdated in that respect and because of that their no point in using Unreal Engine 4 on the current consoles. Running Unreal Engine 4 on the current gen lf consoles is equivalent to just using unreal engine 3 .

true but that doesn't conflict with my original point

Edited by Crackkat, 23 June 2012 - 07:27 AM.

Posted Image

#74 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

true but that doesn't conflict with my original point

I will ask you this why would a developer use Unreal Engine 4 compare to Unreal Engine 3 on current gen Consoles knowing all that can be done on Unreal Engine 4 that is possible on current gen consoles can be done on Unreal Engine 3 and the fact trying to use Unreal Engine 4 on current gen consoles will just be putting more Hard work on themselves compared to using Unreal Engine 3.

Now I know they might be a Developer that might do it just for Epeen to say he can do it but at the same time you have to think that EPIC does not want Unreal Engine 4 running on current gen consoles since that will cause problems with their entire mentality they want Next Gen to Happen badly they don't think Next Gen will be good enough for them why would they want some of their consumers thinking that everything that possible with Unreal Engine 4 can be done on their current gen consoles (even if that as we know is not true and Unreal Engine 4 will look like Unreal Engine 3 on current consoles which will also put Epics Unreal Engine 4 in a bad light.) which will make consumers less wanting to buy a new console (or PC as that what epic really would prefer them to do) as well as considering many people in the gaming world still thinks their consoles are stronger than the PC.

#75 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

I'd only think Unreal 4 would run on future phones with sharks that have lasers on their heads. Then again the minimum running requirements have NOT been stated. I'm guessing Unreal 4 is for PC video cards capable of DirectX11 and above.

Then again Epic may only release Unreal 4 for consoles after at least two "net gen" consoles are out so they can optimise the engine for consoles. Although Crytek and EA have already got game engines that are already next gen ready capable of far more than what any console current or next gen can run. So it'd be nice for Unreal 4 to be scalable, at least down to Wii U standards if it can't make the 360 and pS3

I however am very pleased that Cry3 looks beautiful on Wii U, and I can't wait for Frostbite and Cryengine 3 to show us what the Wii U is really capable of.

There will be a down scaled version for sure.

28gxdv8.png

#76 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Unreal 4 isn't even finished yet.

It is being optimized now.

But the iPhone support is assured. Apple has given Epic a powerful and consistent platform to show off their talents in the mobile arena.

360 and PS3 are UE3 consoles. Epic could set up UE4 for them, but it would be so limited, it might as well be UE3. I imagine they will add in some optimizations learned while developing UE4 into the final 360 and PS3 engines, but they won't be true UE4.

2013 fits in a proper time frame for UE4 Wii U games to arrive, having given developers time with final dev kits and an optimized UE4 engine. It is also a good tme for the iOS version to be out.

It's a given that PS4 and 720 systems will run UE4 due to their later introduction and the maturity of an optimized UE4 by then.

Very curious to see how the Cryengine will compete. The recent tech demo comparison to unreal recently made Cryengine look a half gen behind.

#77 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

epic said the first UE4 game will ship in 2013.. if its before holidays it might be in ps3/360 but well have to wait and see

Why would it be ps360?? U thinkit would be for wii u

#78 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

Well the wii used unreal engine 2 or 2.5 for high performance games but there is a wrestling game that uses unreal engine 3.0 on wii. I'm guessing the memory demands of each engine goes up each generation and so only a more simplistic game could make use of the more advanced engine.

Maybe the extra memory of the wii u will actually come in useful for running more advanced game engines even if other hardware is similar to 360 and PS3.

I guess if you think of a game engine as a sort of controlling operating system that is focused on graphics, sound, AI, physics etc then memory is probably one of its first demands over the earlier version even if parts of the game engine can be switched off there may be core demands of the game engine that can't be switched off.

#79 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

Well the wii used unreal engine 2 or 2.5 for high performance games but there is a wrestling game that uses unreal engine 3.0 on wii. I'm guessing the memory demands of each engine goes up each generation and so only a more simplistic game could make use of the more advanced engine.

WWE All-Stars

But why are we talking about UE4 this is Crytek. The latest Cryengine Demo looks better than the UE4 demo.

#80 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

yea, i guess what everyone wants here is a wiiu powerful enough to get the same ideal development engines, the controllers experience will make up for any tiny graphical detail the other machines will produce in this situation, and we would be living the nintendo dream on a very nice console

this is almost a no brainer, and what the developer was probably thinking when writing this was, its so vague that he could post it.
this is better to hint that its around 2x+ more than 360, but he couldn’t say that could he

Edited by uh20, 26 June 2012 - 09:51 PM.

:laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!