#81 wanx80

wanx80

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:16 AM

Darnit right when Nintendo gets there,were other companies are graphics wise,game wise, and hardcore, the other companies are leaving that level and going to the next when when Nintendo just barely reached it :(

#82 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

Darnit right when Nintendo gets there,were other companies are graphics wise,game wise, and hardcore, the other companies are leaving that level and going to the next when when Nintendo just barely reached it :(

Actually the rumoured GPU in the next Xbox is only around 48% more powerful that the Wii U, AND the Wii U GPU is said to be twice as capable as the 360. There is no longer going to be a huge jump in graphics. The differences will be minimal Unless we go beyond 1080p, or if you tend to count the hairs on a character's head rather than on the objective of the game. Microsoft seem to be concentrating on CPU power to allow for kinect 2. AR glasses and other ways to enhance the xbox experience, rather than a huge leap in Graphics power.

It's strange that on the PS4 rumoured specs that Sony will use similar CPU power to Wii U, but it looks like the GPU will be far more powerful than the Nextbox or Wii U being around 87% better than the nextbox (around 278% more than the Wii U).

My prediction is that once the Nextbox is released. Games will be built around that, and downscaled to Wii U, and ported to PS4 and Sony would have invested in a huge GPU for nothing, as very few parties will bother taking full advantage of the system.

Edited by Penguin101, 27 June 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#83 wanx80

wanx80

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

Actually the rumoured GPU in the next Xbox is only around 48% more powerful that the Wii U, AND the Wii U GPU is said to be twice as capable as the 360. There is no longer going to be a huge jump in graphics. The differences will be minimal Unless we go beyond 1080p, or if you tend to count the hairs on a character's head rather than on the objective of the game. Microsoft seem to be concentrating on CPU power to allow for kinect 2. AR glasses and other ways to enhance the xbox experience, rather than a huge leap in Graphics power.

It's strange that on the PS4 rumoured specs that Sony will use similar CPU power to Wii U, but it looks like the GPU will be far more powerful than the Nextbox or Wii U being around 87% better than the nextbox (around 278% more than the Wii U).

My prediction is that once the Nextbox is released. Games will be built around that, and downscaled to Wii U, and ported to PS4 and Sony would have invested in a huge GPU for nothing, as very few parties will bother taking full advantage of the system.

What do you mean "ONLY" 48% more powerfull that is a lot actually
just sayin

#84 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

What do you mean "ONLY" 48% more powerfull that is a lot actually
just sayin

an almost half-time more powerful? nope.. not a lot
urhhh.. potatoes?

#85 wanx80

wanx80

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

an almost half-time more powerful? nope.. not a lot

And its only a rumour wanna bet that Microsoft and Sony are gnna cm out with smthin huge with insane graphics they reached the level that Nintendo bearly reached a long time ago so theyr gnna make smthin big but im still buyin the Wii U im not buyin any Microsoft crap or Sony trash :D

#86 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

And its only a rumour wanna bet that Microsoft and Sony are gnna cm out with smthin huge with insane graphics they reached the level that Nintendo bearly reached a long time ago so theyr gnna make smthin big but im still buyin the Wii U im not buyin any Microsoft crap or Sony trash :D

nah,, im not betting lol

but i have a feeling the gap is closer this time...
urhhh.. potatoes?

#87 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:49 AM

nah,, im not betting lol

but i have a feeling the gap is closer this time...

Agreed. Microsoft and Sony don't even want to join 8th gen yet. Nintendo and fan-boys are tuning their arms here. The high-end PC's are currently 2400% better than the 7th gen consoles, and are massively expensive. Sony's lab that does things like next gen consoles is nearly bankrupt, and Microsoft are making tons of money from the 360, especially now Nintendo's consoles haven't really been selling well since 2009.

Neither party want to spend huge amounts of cash, the Wii U has a pretty decent CPU (between 9 and 12 threads), and a middle range gaming PC GPU. That's honestly enough to run some pretty awesome HD graphics (possibly low-mid range Unreal 4 at 720p 30fps) without costing the consumer too much, with an addition with it's INSANE operating system taking up 512mb of RAM (the entire RAM used in the 360) and the Wii U Gamepad, that's awesome.

The Nextbox will have high-end mid-range GPU that can run mid-range Unreal 4 graphics at 1080p 60fps), but will have Kinect2 and later on AR glasses, which might bring the possibility of next-gen VR games. This will require much more CPU power at least a 24 thread CPU, and that's where Microsoft will be putting the money into.

The PS4 will probably have a high(ish)-end GPU that'll run high-end Unreal 4 at 1080p at 60fps, and will probably have a similar to slightly more powerful CPU to the Wii U, probably running 16 threads.

It's a big jump from 7th to 8th gen for all consoles, but not a giant leap compared to high-end Nvidia PC

#88 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

Agreed. Microsoft and Sony don't even want to join 8th gen yet. Nintendo and fan-boys are tuning their arms here. The high-end PC's are currently 2400% better than the 7th gen consoles, and are massively expensive. Sony's lab that does things like next gen consoles is nearly bankrupt, and Microsoft are making tons of money from the 360, especially now Nintendo's consoles haven't really been selling well since 2009.

Neither party want to spend huge amounts of cash, the Wii U has a pretty decent CPU (between 9 and 12 threads), and a middle range gaming PC GPU. That's honestly enough to run some pretty awesome HD graphics (possibly low-mid range Unreal 4 at 720p 30fps) without costing the consumer too much, with an addition with it's INSANE operating system taking up 512mb of RAM (the entire RAM used in the 360) and the Wii U Gamepad, that's awesome.

The Nextbox will have high-end mid-range GPU that can run mid-range Unreal 4 graphics at 1080p 60fps), but will have Kinect2 and later on AR glasses, which might bring the possibility of next-gen VR games. This will require much more CPU power at least a 24 thread CPU, and that's where Microsoft will be putting the money into.

The PS4 will probably have a high(ish)-end GPU that'll run high-end Unreal 4 at 1080p at 60fps, and will probably have a similar to slightly more powerful CPU to the Wii U, probably running 16 threads.

It's a big jump from 7th to 8th gen for all consoles, but not a giant leap compared to high-end Nvidia PC

I do not really care very much about processing power and graphics as much as I used to, graphics have gotten as high as i think as necessary, we do not need graphics to look just as everything does in real life but we already have that so I am fine with all current generation hardware except for that they are getting boring, so Wii U really entices me for bringing something new besides better graphics.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#89 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

I do not really care very much about processing power and graphics as much as I used to, graphics have gotten as high as i think as necessary, we do not need graphics to look just as everything does in real life but we already have that so I am fine with all current generation hardware except for that they are getting boring, so Wii U really entices me for bringing something new besides better graphics.

Imo, the industry has a lot to do in the graphics department. Who doesn't want games with graphics as good as real life? Imagine zelda like that or even pokemon.

Also even with today's graphic level, the consoles can't run it decent. They run it in 720p and 30fps.

So as I said. There is a lot to do in the graphics department.

28gxdv8.png

#90 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Imo, the industry has a lot to do in the graphics department. Who doesn't want games with graphics as good as real life? Imagine zelda like that or even pokemon.

Also even with today's graphic level, the consoles can't run it decent. They run it in 720p and 30fps.

So as I said. There is a lot to do in the graphics department.

But doesn't it all look great anyway. For example, Battlefield 3 looks amazing, even on consoles, even though its 720p and 30 fps, on PC it runs at 1080p and 60 fps but honestly if weren't for the numbers i wouldn't know that there was a difference. Sure there is a lot you can do but I can honestly say that i don't really want it. I like stylized games and they look great as it is. I'm not saying we shouldn't upgrade graphics, i just don't think we should focus on it and just let it progress naturally.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#91 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:05 AM

But doesn't it all look great anyway. For example, Battlefield 3 looks amazing, even on consoles, even though its 720p and 30 fps, on PC it runs at 1080p and 60 fps but honestly if weren't for the numbers i wouldn't know that there was a difference. Sure there is a lot you can do but I can honestly say that i don't really want it. I like stylized games and they look great as it is. I'm not saying we shouldn't upgrade graphics, i just don't think we should focus on it and just let it progress naturally.

I don't want to be a douche but I see a very big difference between playing on PS3 and on my PC (1080p Ultra 60fps).

Also I don't think BF3 graphics are that good. Explosions needs a big improvement and just the whole world looks cartoony.

I'm that kind of person who thinks graphics do very much to gameplay. Don't get me wrong. I don't need realistic graphics I just want nice visual. For example I think Pokemon Black 2 has better graphics than MW3 cause Black 2 is more artistically nicer.

It isn't just tech, it's the artist who creates stunning textures and models. Cool GUIs, advanced lightning.

But we will never have to focus that much on graphics. That is the component companies work. Then the rest is automatically there.

28gxdv8.png

#92 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:26 AM

I don't want to be a douche but I see a very big difference between playing on PS3 and on my PC (1080p Ultra 60fps).

Also I don't think BF3 graphics are that good. Explosions needs a big improvement and just the whole world looks cartoony.

I'm that kind of person who thinks graphics do very much to gameplay. Don't get me wrong. I don't need realistic graphics I just want nice visual. For example I think Pokemon Black 2 has better graphics than MW3 cause Black 2 is more artistically nicer.

It isn't just tech, it's the artist who creates stunning textures and models. Cool GUIs, advanced lightning.

But we will never have to focus that much on graphics. That is the component companies work. Then the rest is automatically there.

you mean art direction.. yeah, its true.. art direction is at least important as the graphics, if not more...
urhhh.. potatoes?

#93 Matus98

Matus98

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

Wii U will be a GREAT GREAT GREAT console!
Microsoft and Sony may win in the graphics, but the graphics are not everything!
Wii U will be much more fun and enjoyable!
I prefe one thousand times to buy a Nintendo console than a sony/microsoft one!
Still playing Mario Kar and Mario Bros. on my DS ;)

#94 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

It's called marketing. And it earned them much more profit than the other companies gained with their high quality graphics console.
No sig.

#95 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

Unreal 4 isn't even finished yet.

It is being optimized now.

But the iPhone support is assured. Apple has given Epic a powerful and consistent platform to show off their talents in the mobile arena.

360 and PS3 are UE3 consoles. Epic could set up UE4 for them, but it would be so limited, it might as well be UE3. I imagine they will add in some optimizations learned while developing UE4 into the final 360 and PS3 engines, but they won't be true UE4.

It's a given that PS4 and 720 systems will run UE4 due to their later introduction and the maturity of an optimized UE4 by then.

Very curious to see how the Cryengine will compete. The recent tech demo comparison to unreal recently made Cryengine look a half gen behind.

bullcrap The Cryengine demo did not look a half gen behind. The water was much better UE4 didn't show face details. And they used different landscapes.

#96 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

What percentage of games will use the next unreal engine? Surely there are loads of different engines about. Most impressive engine I can think of is the engine used for Fallout 3 and Skyrim. It was both graphically impressive and enabled a complex game world. I couldn't give a **** about the unreal engine to be honest. It doesn't seem to form the basis of any of my favourite games.

Even if the wii u can't run unreal engine 4 without compromises because its not powerful enough most won't care. If the wii u fails to sell as well as the xbox 720 or PS4 when they are released Nintendo will drop the price as its a much cheaper console to make. If the wii u ends up with games a bit better than 360/ps3 but a bit worse than 720/ps4 then so be it as long as I get my Nintendo games fix with Mario titles etc I'll be happy.

#97 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

What percentage of games will use the next unreal engine? Surely there are loads of different engines about. Most impressive engine I can think of is the engine used for Fallout 3 and Skyrim. It was both graphically impressive and enabled a complex game world. I couldn't give a carp crap about the unreal engine to be honest. It doesn't seem to form the basis of any of my favourite games.

Even if the wii u can't run unreal engine 4 without compromises because its not powerful enough most won't care. If the wii u fails to sell as well as the xbox 720 or PS4 when they are released Nintendo will drop the price as its a much cheaper console to make. If the wii u ends up with games a bit better than 360/ps3 but a bit worse than 720/ps4 then so be it as long as I get my Nintendo games fix with Mario titles etc I'll be happy.

I'm hoping that the Wii U will be able to play ports of all 3rd party 8th Gen games, just downscaled. The difference will be like 90% of Wii games compared to the games on the Gamecube. It'll be minimal. HD graphics have reached a plateau. The difference will be minimal. Maybe with the PS4 you'll get the capability of rendering every hair individually on a person, with slightly more advanced lighting, textures and particle effects. But not so advanced that you couldn't downscale it rather easily, to look nearly just as pretty on the Wii U.

Edited by Penguin101, 05 July 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#98 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Tales of, Persona 4,TWEWY

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:35 PM

do not believe anyone who says it's weaker then the 360 or PS3. Because it is a complete lie. Nintendo would actually have to put effort and time to actually make it weaker then them. The Wii U is bult after the systems came out. which means they're using the graphic chips in that year meanwhie the wii U hasn't been released yet is using the graphics chips after them and might be using the ones being made now. which means the chips have drastically improved.

Posted Image

Be sure to give me your Friend Code if you added mine.

#99 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

do not believe anyone who says it's weaker then the 360 or PS3. Because it is a complete lie. Nintendo would actually have to put effort and time to actually make it weaker then them. The Wii U is bult after the systems came out. which means they're using the graphic chips in that year meanwhie the wii U hasn't been released yet is using the graphics chips after them and might be using the ones being made now. which means the chips have drastically improved.

Ditto, Nintendo could even go to Nvidia and get a 6 year old graphics card that's better than the 360s. What I'm talking about is the Wii U getting downscaled Unreal 4 games, still looking pretty, just with minor differences like not having anti aliasing and running at 720p at 30fps

#100 009soulmaster

009soulmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Tales of, Persona 4,TWEWY

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Ditto, Nintendo could even go to Nvidia and get a 6 year old graphics card that's better than the 360s. What I'm talking about is the Wii U getting downscaled Unreal 4 games, still looking pretty, just with minor differences like not having anti aliasing and running at 720p at 30fps

i think the Wii U might have difficulty on that as the Wii U might not be powerful to display something like that while having the GamePad screen on. they have just have the Wii U Pro for Unreal Engine 4 games while other games on Unreal Engine 3 can use the gamepad and be even more fun.

Posted Image

Be sure to give me your Friend Code if you added mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!