• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ripcase1990

ripcase1990

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Ive started a petition to make the wiiu region free. My reason, not only do i think region locking is useless, but there are great games that never make it to american shores. So sign if you wish, if you do; spread the word, and thanks for the support.
facebook group:http://www.facebook.com/groups/372615789458245/
Like us:http://www.facebook.com/OperationRegionFreeFall
Go here to sign the petition: http://www.change.or...or-localization
And thanks again for your support.

UPDATE: I would like to re-word my original petition to include removal of 3DS region lockout.

Edited by ripcase1990, 21 June 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#2 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

It's a great cause man, but it ain't happening. If Nintendo went out of their way to region lock the 3DS when previously none of their handhelds had ever had it, they're not going to leave it out of the Wii U unfortunately.

I'll sign anyway though, just incase. ;)

Posted Image

#3 ripcase1990

ripcase1990

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Or they could notice the petition was really big and do a system update to remove it.

(continued) Or nintendo coluld have a localization program to bring games that do well overseas to the states if the demand is big enough.

#4 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

app store duh!

#5 Jakester897

Jakester897

Spiny

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, puzzle games, Pikmin

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

No. Just no.
Posted Image
What we do is, if we ever need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
We put the volume up to eleven. One louder.

#6 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

Man I wish, but knowing Nintendo they won't do it. That is one reason that I like Sony is because they don't support stupid ideas like this.

Just to clarify it is the fact that they don't support region locks, not you idea. I like your idea. Sorry if that was confusing.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#7 ripcase1990

ripcase1990

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for responding, I also want to reword it o include 3DS region lockout. None of nintendos past handhelds had it, so why does the 3DS?

#8 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:24 AM

While I sorta understand the reasons for region locking... Keeping everything tidy, specifically how much profits each region makes off of each game. Without region locking, some regions lose sales and other regions have a high amount. (Like I imagine Europe's must have been pretty low during the days when they got all their releases after NA... Seems like they're beating us more now though. Sorta wanna see a comparison...) I'm sure there's really good reasons besides the only one I can think which is avoiding translating/localizing costs for a region that doesn't like the series.
Plus they probably want to throw in piracy for good measure even though I have no clue how that'd factor in lol.

Anyways, while I understand that there are business reasons, it does especially suck when stuff doesn't get localized. In a perfect world everything would be brought to all regions. The next best thing is just simply letting everyone buy whatever they want and shipping it half way across the globe.

Sorta wish Nintendo would let their online shop for the Wii U be region free. Change your region and you could download other games...
Posted Image

#9 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

I wish everything is region free. Online, Retail, Nintendo Video(This is not available in your country.).
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#10 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

I fully support Region Lock. So nope I wont sign your petition.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 22 June 2012 - 12:58 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#11 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

I have never really understood the point in region lock. It's just pure evil.

28gxdv8.png

#12 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Even though I can see why they support region lock, it forbids me to play Monster Hunter 3G and 4. IM COMPLETELY WITH YOU MAAAN.
Signed
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!