• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

what wii know so far is that it will have more social networking features (http://www.officialn...ial-networking/) and easy drop in and drop out to online games with friends (according to early reports before e3 but thats unconfirmed) we also know that the third parties will work on the network there own extent making it unique to each game and no more friend codes and might get something equivalent to gamer tags (ubisoft)

post what u think and if i didnt leave a source or anything its basic info  but aren't  completely confirmed
for now its all just speculation

Edited by chipvader, 15 June 2011 - 08:08 AM.

#2 Camcam281

Camcam281

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kid icarus, Mario kart, and OoT :)

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:04 AM

I am personally hoping for something like the Xbox 360 live set up. I like the whole display and gamer tags. If they don't get rid of friend codes, it will not be a good thing :/ Mostly because everyone hates them. They need to set it up like the 3DS friends list. That is what I am hoping :D
Posted Image

#3 Coller23

Coller23

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Every nintendo series, touhou

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:06 AM

They said it was supposed to be good I hope.
Don't cry over spilled milk, it will be yogurt tomorrow

#4 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:09 AM

I am personally hoping for something like the Xbox 360 live set up. I like the whole display and gamer tags. If they don't get rid of friend codes, it will not be a good thing :/ Mostly because everyone hates them. They need to set it up like the 3DS friends list. That is what I am hoping :D

well im hoping in an update with the 3ds they merge ur wii u account with ur 3ds account

#5 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

I would like the ability to rematch someone I played online anonymously at a later time.
Posted Image

#6 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

No friend codes, you can add anybody you want, and next gen connectivity. I think it's sad that the best we can hope for is for it to be on par with this gen's consoles in terms of online.

#7 Limelight788

Limelight788

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragon Ball, Nintendo, Gran Turismo

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

I'm hoping for at least PSN level of quality. Nintendo said it themselves and I expect them to follow through with it.

The Official Mega Man for SSB4 Thread

megaman-2.gif

Want Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. 4? Click on the link in the text and show your support!

#8 WeeYou

WeeYou

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

well im hoping in an update with the 3ds they merge ur wii u account with ur 3ds account

That would be a nice touch. It would really create a nice connected Nintendo Network of sorts. Although I currently don't have anybody on my 3DS friends list anyways. <_<

#9 Lightno19

Lightno19

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

I'm thinking of using your Club Nintendo account as a "gamertag" and that way you can get "coins" with some sort of "achievements".

#10 jman442

jman442

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

Nintendo said it would be flexible, but I doubt friend codes are going anywhere. What I would like to see though is a better eShop

#11 chipvader

chipvader

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 07:48 PM

Nintendo said it would be flexible, but I doubt friend codes are going anywhere. What I would like to see though is a better eShop

u mean like the 1 in the 3ds
they'll probably have a parental control that u can access from anywhere so u can regulate you're kid's access to features and look at their friends profiles

#12 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

I read an article on here awhile back saying the online is up to the developers(4got most of it lol). If thats the case, can the developers release patches, DLCs, w/e without Nintendo's approval? I hope thats true cuz then their no more delays or holding back patches or updates.

Am I wrong about the article(it said something about the online)?
You think Nintendo will do this?
What do you think of the online if this was true?
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

#13 SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Fandom:
    NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, Wii, 3DS, Wii U

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

No idea... seems like the Wii U will have great online, though.
No signature here....

#14 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hopefully, heres what I'm hoping:
That the developers are able to open a online store included in the game, foe example, for a Zelda game, Nintendo could make a Zelda store in which your able to download things for just that game.
Posted Image

#15 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

I think that nintendo is working with devs to create an open online service. They will use a single account system and it could be used for all the devs' own online services. This openness will allow devs to control their own networks so game updates and dlc is possibly. Also MMO's will be much more possibly to be on the wii u with this openness. Also, if one network is down, it will not effect the entire online service like the psn hack.However this is just my idea, and may not at all come true.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#16 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

I think that nintendo is working with devs to create an open online service. They will use a single account system and it could be used for all the devs' own online services. This openness will allow devs to control their own networks so game updates and dlc is possibly. Also MMO's will be much more possibly to be on the wii u with this openness. Also, if one network is down, it will not effect the entire online service like the psn hack.However this is just my idea, and may not at all come true.

I do like the way you think. It doesn't seem to be much resistance from Nintendo dealing with Wii U's online.

#17 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

Hopefully, heres what I'm hoping:
That the developers are able to open a online store included in the game, foe example, for a Zelda game, Nintendo could make a Zelda store in which your able to download things for just that game.

I hope this doesn't happen. We already have enough with Xbox Live giving you incomplete games and then making you download DLC.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#18 hooky

hooky

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:20 PM

I hope this doesn't happen. We already have enough with Xbox Live giving you incomplete games and then making you download DLC.

>implying DLC can't be free

#19 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

>implying DLC can't be free

Blade said online store which implies that you are going to buy things.
If you want free DLC, you can just use spotpass.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#20 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Since were on the top of online...

What would you do if you have to pay for Wii U online?!

Personally, I switch over to PS3.
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!