#41 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

I hope they integrate many things into the online for this system. I'm always jelous at my friends with an Xbox 360, cross-game chatting with friends, its surprisingly handy to be able to set up a chat party while playing one game, so that you can say "hey who wants to play NeedforSpeed ?". And then stay connected to friends no matter what you're doing. But with this screened touch sensitive controller, and the power that is seemingly in the WiiU, i would hope they enable that and so much more. Video chat is a useful concept (though not while playing games), but a live text chat on the controller of a specific community (similar to how websites and shows have set up thier own MarioKart7 communities), or file sharing or screen shots being shared instantly or live. The ps3 is getting a similar control scheme available (PSVita is planned to work as a ps3 controller) so just a few creative uses in games is not enough for Nintendo. Nintendo has answered questions about the competition with other touchscreen controllers (Ipad- AppleTV, PS3-Vita) and has said, they have the advantage of the entire system being built around the controller, every WiiU player will have a controller and therefore it will be integrated, not tacked on. I have my worries Nintendo wont get creative enough with it, as they do a great job of focusing on games, but a not so great job of looking at the possible applications alongside / outside of games. All i know is Nintendo has said that the #1 thing developers want in an online system is flexibility, so that developers can do many things. Hopefully the devs get creative too.
Posted Image

#42 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

:o NoCN :laugh: Network of Club Nintendo!! ORR!! NoN Network of Nintendo!! or we could just keep it as Nintendo Wi-fi...

NWF... Nintendo wifi.. or Nintendo Connect NC

Posted Image

#43 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

NWF... Nintendo wifi.. or Nintendo Connect NC

Nintendo Online for me! I think someone should start a topic on this.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#44 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

Nintendo Online for me! I think someone should start a topic on this.

I will

Posted Image

#45 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

I will

Oh good! (I'm to lazy to do it.)

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#46 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

From everything we've heard in my opinion this is what I see Nintendo's online service basically being. First there would be some basic infrastructure and a Wii U account (it could still use friend codes or something equivalent to tell you the truth). Then each publisher would have individual services such as Origin or Steam. Hopefully this is all set up where you don't have to use multiple accounts for different games, but that is a possibility.

#47 KLerTheGamer

KLerTheGamer

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

I want a hub for your friends where you can chat, jump into games together, watch something on netflix together, check out your friends latest acomplishments, and stuff like that.

Edited by KLerTheGamer, 10 January 2012 - 10:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!