• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Codemasters is developing a new IP targeted at "true" next-generation consoles, according to the CV of an ex-Codemasters employee.

The LinkedIn profile of an ex-Codies UI dev reveals that she worked on "a new IP at Codemasters that will span at least 6 platforms including true 'next-gen' hardware" during the summer of 2011.

The online resumé also says that she helped developed the tech for the studio's "new EGO 2 engine", and that the unannounced new IP "will also be the first game to use Codemasters new engine EGO 2".

Earlier this year, Codemasters launched its new 'Codemasters Racing' label to signal the publisher's "razor focus" on the racing genre.

Could the next-gen new IP be a brand new racing series?

In addition to a next-gen IP, Codemasters is also expected to be developing a range of titles targeted at the current generation.

In May, VideoGamer spotted a bunch of CVs suggesting that a sequel to Race Driver: GRID was in development for current-gen platforms. The firm is also due to release F1 2012 this September.

http://www.videogame...._consoles.html

Well it better come to Wii U because I know tons of people will be like "lol, the Wii U is not a next gen console"

I'm getting so annoyed by this stuff and if it doesn't come to Wii U because of power I'm going to blame Nintendo for this because Nintendo should know that power matters.

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

Power doesn't matter. Nintendo SHOULD now this!
Remember when more people brought the PS1 when the N64 was more powerful?
Remember when more people brought the PS2 even though the GameCube was more powerful?
Lastly, remember when more people brought the Wii even though the PS3 and Xbox 360 were more powerful?

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

Remember when more people brought the PS2 even though the GameCube was more powerful?
Lastly, remember when more people brought the Wii even though the PS3 and Xbox 360 were more powerful?

If the Wii U doesn't get third party games because of the power that's a problem.

#4 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

N64:
Posted Image

PS1:
Posted Image

I do not approve

28gxdv8.png

#5 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

Ok so this game was canceld in 2011, people where calling the PS3/360 next gen consoles, even Warren Spector said it, so he must of mean true next gen consoles which would be Wii U, PS4, and Xbox 720.

#6 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

N64:
Posted Image

PS1:
Posted Image

I do not approve

It is actually said the N64 was a more powerful game system. However the size of cartridges was a big limiting factor compared to the PS One CDs. Also I would have to add that the Mario game was a launch title for the N64 so which normally means they don't show off the graphics well.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#7 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

6 platforms, im not worried it wont come to wii u
Posted Image

#8 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

The Wii also had a pathetically limited library of third party games compared to N64/GCN.

Also consider the fact that PS1 and PS2 were underpowered, but still within the same gen hardware-wise as their competitors. If the Wii was like the PS2 in that it was entirely current gen, yet the weakest, it still would have done great probably, maybe even better than it did.

Edited by Deadly Virus, 28 June 2012 - 10:39 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

The Wii also had a pathetically limited library of third party games compared to N64/GCN.

Also consider the fact that PS1 and PS2 were underpowered, but still within the same gen hardware-wise as their competitors. If the Wii was like the PS2 in that it was entirely current gen, yet the weakest, it still would have done great probably, maybe even better than it did.

You made a great point.

It doesn't have to be the strongest, but it needs to be the strong enough to be able to compete and also be as attractive as possible to developers.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#10 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

It is actually said the N64 was a more powerful game system. However the size of cartridges was a big limiting factor compared to the PS One CDs. Also I would have to add that the Mario game was a launch title for the N64 so which normally means they don't show off the graphics well.

Yeah, the N64 is more powerful than the PS1, it's a little sad though that the cartidges held back some of the N64's power.

#11 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

Yeah, the N64 is more powerful than the PS1, it's a little sad though that the cartidges held back some of the N64's power.

Yeah, they couldn't hold as much data as CDs and were too expensive to make multiple cartridges for one game in the same faction as Changing disk for a game like FF 7 on the PS.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#12 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

Yeah, they couldn't hold as much data as CDs and were too expensive to make multiple cartridges for one game in the same faction as Changing disk for a game like FF 7 on the PS.

Yeah, If I could go back in time I would beg Nintendo to make the N64 CD based, making the N64 cartridge based was probably the worst mistake they ever did.

#13 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

Guys....I never said anything about third party games.....Jeez....

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#14 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

lets just hope they aren't biassed and making this just for the new playstation/xbox
:laugh:

#15 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

N64:
Posted Image

PS1:
Posted Image

I do not approve

RE is prerendered.
No sig.

#16 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

Do we really have to make each thread about which console is more powerful than the other?

LordPickleton.png

#17 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

How would you explain Metal gear Solid 4?

1367065580450s.jpg

#18 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

How would you explain Metal gear Solid 4?

Um that game wouldn't fit in this as it was not around that generation.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#19 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

define "true next-gen console" please
urhhh.. potatoes?

#20 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

lets just hope they aren't biased and making this just for the new playstation/xbox

They are you can just feel it. Lots of developers have it in for nintendo because they follow their own path and don't conform to the mainstream gaming community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!