Photo

How Much Money do you Have Saved up for a Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Money Saved up for a WiiU? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

How much Money do you got Saved up for a WiiU?

1. $0-$50 (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. $100-$150 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. $200-$250 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. $300-$350 (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. $400-$450 (0 votes [0.00%])

6. $500-$550 (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

7. $600 and Above (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

I am building my new rig now, so after I make it happen, its wii U's turn.. I bought recently 4tb hdd's and the psu, overall 500 euro.. lol Now its keplers turn.

Any kid or elder who gathers money from today, to buy wii u (kids mostly), they must know, they have to get money for an HDD as well! I think wii U will come to us without hdd? If so, the hdd market is messed up, they sell it twice or triple price, and they recall an iconic crisis about it.. lol

So lets say wii U 400 euro + 150 for a second controller with screen, and an hdd (fast enough) like WD 1.5 - 1 tb Black.. overall it gives us almost 700 euro! lol (without games), its really hard in today days to buy more than 1 platform! To expensive!! even if we buy 2 platforms (wii u and ps4 fore example), its hard to keep up both..

There is a rumor though that the hdd market will drop the prices after the summer, that will reduce by at least 100 euro the overall cost I mentioned.

a small example, before their virtual crisis, a Wd 1.5tb blue or black cost about 60 euros, now it cost 180-210 euros

Edited by Orion, 11 April 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#22 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

Don't have much money right now, just bought a guitar. But if I'll survive my finals I'll get a total of 400 euros, and my birthday is a few months after that, so I will get a crapload of money there too and most likely my dad will be paying along for the Wii U, so I think I should have enough for at least the console with one extra game..
No sig.

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

I am building my new rig now, so after I make it happen, its wii U's turn.. I bought recently 4tb hdd's and the psu, overall 500 euro.. lol Now its keplers turn.

Any kid or elder who gathers money from today, to buy wii u (kids mostly), they must know, they have to get money for an HDD as well! I think wii U will come to us without hdd? If so, the hdd market is messed up, they sell it twice or triple price, and they recall an iconic crisis about it.. lol

So lets say wii U 400 euro + 150 for a second controller with screen, and an hdd (fast enough) like WD 1.5 - 1 tb Black.. overall it gives us almost 700 euro! lol (without games), its really hard in today days to buy more than 1 platform! To expensive!! even if we buy 2 platforms (wii u and ps4 fore example), its hard to keep up both..

There is a rumor though that the hdd market will drop the prices after the summer, that will reduce by at least 100 euro the overall cost I mentioned.

a small example, before their virtual crisis, a Wd 1.5tb blue or black cost about 60 euros, now it cost 180-210 euros

Old people like me have 10 external hard drives/pendrives gathering dust from their earlier days of "cool this is massive!(2GB pendrive, lol)".
And poor Taiwan. :(
Also, Samsung being bought means I don't know who to buy my hard drives from anymore. :(

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

I've got 295 pounds (which is somewhat $469 in America) and counting since my birthday is September 3rd which should hopefully be before the Wii U's realease. I don't have a 3ds so I might get a 3ds with the Wii U on launch.

Edited by TerrorX932, 11 April 2012 - 12:03 PM.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#25 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:45 AM

That seems like a good amount for now. (Like how much I have saved up.)

I am hoping the console itself costs $300-400 USA dollars.

You'll get the console ~100$ cheaper than Europeans.

Edited by Stewox, 12 April 2012 - 04:46 AM.

Posted Image

#26 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

..., something
I really don't know but I would be killing myself if I bought one right now, still looking forward to a stick of ram and video card doh
:laugh:

#27 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

..., something
I really don't know but I would be killing myself if I bought one right now, still looking forward to a stick of ram and video card doh

going for dual gtx670 ti... they are coming next month, also the smaller kepler is announced for next month (gk106 chpset) and that is gtx660 around 200...

Edited by Orion, 12 April 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#28 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

Old people like me have 10 external hard drives/pendrives gathering dust from their earlier days of "cool this is massive!(2GB pendrive, lol)".
Also, Samsung being bought means I don't know who to buy my hard drives from anymore. :(

Are you 100 years old? :laugh: Just Kidding.
Posted Image

#29 Stewox

Stewox

Spiny

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:09 AM

Western Digital ... no brainer

Samsung acutally sold their HDD division to Seagate.

Samsung HDD were good but couldn't compete with the quality of Seagate an WD.
Posted Image

#30 Mario21a

Mario21a

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

I have saved up 75 US dollars for Wii U.

#31 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

Are you 100 years old? :laugh: Just Kidding.

Western Digital ... no brainer

Samsung acutally sold their HDD division to Seagate.

Samsung HDD were good but couldn't compete with the quality of Seagate an WD.

WD are poopietown tier.
They break the easiest and fastest of all the brands.
Samsung's Spinpoint F series were godtier.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#32 Blasty

Blasty

Spiny

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waaay to many to list.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

... Well.
Posted Image

#33 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Well, let's see here...

...nothing. I keep buying games for systems I already have. xP

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#34 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

I also have 9 hdds and Now i ordered another 4tb (2x WD 2tb green), still waiting for them to arrive, but I have lots of stuff and I wish I could have more.. lol Green hdds are economy, eco, slow for backup hdds. But they are monsters..

I dont buy seagate anymore, due to the last faults they have, and I lost 3 hdd just like that.. I took a replacement and a refund in 1, but I lost data and I dont trust them. But I do have 2 wd 12 years old and they still work!!!

anyhow.. SSD solution for wii U, is not an option, as ssd's have expiration date and the best solution for me, is to purchase an 1tb or 500gb black by western digital. (black series in WD, is very fast hdds...) Also Hitachi deskstars but I cant speak about their quality, I dont have any...

For Europe, here is 3 models, IDEAL for wii U.. I have one blue (1tb) and I am extremely happy with it, it transfers up to 90mb per second… I think is more than enough, but I give you also 2 black models by WD, that its superb!

http://www.amazon.co...34294734&sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.co...4294752&sr=8-22 -500gb black

http://www.amazon.co...4294752&sr=8-20 -320gb black

small capacity hdd;s have reasonable prices, but its expensive compared to what we paid before..

Edited by Orion, 12 April 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#35 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

I got a job so i could afford it, but if i get the 3DS as well i might wait. Im the type of guy who likes to see the hardware in action before i empty my wallet. So it will probably be two months before i buy it from launch at earliest.

Attached Thumbnails

• lemonade.gif

Posted Image

This is where it ends

#36 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

Indeed, I never bought ANY kind of machine, before a couple of months pass after the release date. Many reasons and some of them are, to study the hardware a bit, to read real customer reviews, to see if there is any babyflues, support, price, etc.

If there any babyflues around? they usually show up a month after the release. ( for example Xbox red ring of death, or ps3. yellow ring of death, etc).. To be honest this red and yellow lights by sony and ms, proved not to be babyflues anyways.. lol And nintendo is known for the good built quality.. So there is less worry about it. For me personally is, when I am going to finish my rig built, after that, I will buy it, as the new computer i am building, is massive.. and it will take me some time, till november - december... So i am going to look for it, in jenuary - february..

Edited by Orion, 13 April 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#37 Fire Mario

Fire Mario

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario! Pokemon, Kirby, and much more.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:44 AM

Well I only have about £30 so I'm hoping my parent will get it me for Christmas as it'll probably cost loads, maybe £300. If I don't get it for Christmas I should be able to make enough by Summer next year so I should get it before 2014 at the latest.
Posted Image

#38 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

I also have 9 hdds and Now i ordered another 4tb (2x WD 2tb green), still waiting for them to arrive, but I have lots of stuff and I wish I could have more.. lol Green hdds are economy, eco, slow for backup hdds. But they are monsters..

I dont buy seagate anymore, due to the last faults they have, and I lost 3 hdd just like that.. I took a replacement and a refund in 1, but I lost data and I dont trust them. But I do have 2 wd 12 years old and they still work!!!

anyhow.. SSD solution for wii U, is not an option, as ssd's have expiration date and the best solution for me, is to purchase an 1tb or 500gb black by western digital. (black series in WD, is very fast hdds...) Also Hitachi deskstars but I cant speak about their quality, I dont have any...

For Europe, here is 3 models, IDEAL for wii U.. I have one blue (1tb) and I am extremely happy with it, it transfers up to 90mb per second… I think is more than enough, but I give you also 2 black models by WD, that its superb!

http://www.amazon.co...34294734&sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.co...4294752&sr=8-22 -500gb black

http://www.amazon.co...4294752&sr=8-20 -320gb black

small capacity hdd;s have reasonable prices, but its expensive compared to what we paid before..

I only have 2F3's, 1 F1, and 1F4 :(
That's 6TB of Samsung storage.

SSD's are too expensive for use in a console imo.
I have a sata3 64GB one, it's nice and all, but I'd never put that in a case and use it on a console.
What's this about expiration date?
I think you're confusing pre-trim drives slowing down when they became full.

Hitachi aren't very good imo.

Have some of these apples:
http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B004XBCXMA (also in blue for 15p more)

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#39 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

ok, now were talking about harddrives
the only one I have is 80gb and its all I ever need
I am starting to top it with pointlessly big steam downloads, but yea, for anyone I would be surprised if they topped 250gb... On a console!

Edited by uh20, 13 April 2012 - 05:08 AM.

:laugh:

#40 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

Not confusing anything.. SSD technology expires and its off, in the trash bin, specific number of write and formats. Old HDD technology, may last forever, it may not.. My concern about the new gen of consoles and especially wii U, is the online digital distribution. For those who fancy that, its stupid to look into a small capacity HDD, considering that many games may be 10-15-20gb each... So I believe half tb or minimum 320gb, is a must for wii U.. If you dont want to change hdd in the distant feature.

I think wii U will not have hdd at all! It will come with a flash memory for the saves, but no hdd.. We have to purchase that separately. I dont like the usb connectivity with HDD, I would prefer it to be hot swap (inside wii U)... The reason I dont like usb connectivity, is the problems they occur during file transfer (via usb connection), due to low voltage.. Its a very known problem in the PC... I hope nintendo will have a solution to that, especially if people run games through it!! (if wii U comes with an internal hdd attached, it would be nice.. Or else I believe we mu have the option for hotswap, not usb) Or at least HDD dock, as many pc cases have... it would be nice

I give u an example, if you connect a hard disk, and try make a huge file transfer, not just a couple of photos, lets say 2gb file... It will reset communication in a point and the file transfer will fail.
Also if you try to run a movie, through a hdd who is connected via usb, it conflicts again... There is in newer motherboards, high voltage usb ports, who dont have this problem, what about wii U :) ... Usb ports are good for cameras, mouse, keyboard, etc.

Edited by Orion, 13 April 2012 - 05:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!