Photo

How Much Money do you Have Saved up for a Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Poll: Money Saved up for a WiiU? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

How much Money do you got Saved up for a WiiU?

1. $0-$50 (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. $100-$150 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. $200-$250 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. $300-$350 (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. $400-$450 (0 votes [0.00%])

6. $500-$550 (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

7. $600 and Above (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

I got a job so i could afford it, but if i get the 3DS as well i might wait. Im the type of guy who likes to see the hardware in action before i empty my wallet. So it will probably be two months before i buy it from launch at earliest.

Good luck with that in the spring.

#42 TriForce_3

TriForce_3

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

Not confusing anything.. SSD technology expires and its off, in the trash bin, specific number of write and formats. Old HDD technology, may last forever, it may not.. My concern about the new gen of consoles and especially wii U, is the online digital distribution. For those who fancy that, its stupid to look into a small capacity HDD, considering that many games may be 10-15-20gb each... So I believe half tb or minimum 320gb, is a must for wii U.. If you dont want to change hdd in the distant feature.

I think wii U will not have hdd at all! It will come with a flash memory for the saves, but no hdd.. We have to purchase that separately. I dont like the usb connectivity with HDD, I would prefer it to be hot swap (inside wii U)... The reason I dont like usb connectivity, is the problems they occur during file transfer (via usb connection), due to low voltage.. Its a very known problem in the PC... I hope nintendo will have a solution to that, especially if people run games through it!! (if wii U comes with an internal hdd attached, it would be nice.. Or else I believe we mu have the option for hotswap, not usb) Or at least HDD dock, as many pc cases have... it would be nice

I give u an example, if you connect a hard disk, and try make a huge file transfer, not just a couple of photos, lets say 2gb file... It will reset communication in a point and the file transfer will fail.
Also if you try to run a movie, through a hdd who is connected via usb, it conflicts again... There is in newer motherboards, high voltage usb ports, who dont have this problem, what about wii U :) ... Usb ports are good for cameras, mouse, keyboard, etc.

Agree that HDD's are going to be necessary.

I wish Ninty would go with USB 3.0 though.

#43 MoH

MoH

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Fandom:
    Shooters

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

None at the moment. :(

We have some trips we need to save up for - but I still plan on getting Wii U when possible.

Posted Image

#44 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

Not confusing anything.. SSD technology expires and its off, in the trash bin, specific number of write and formats

Oh, you mean it's got a limited read/write cycle.
It'll take you many decades to reach the (It's usually 1million or more r/w cycles) limit.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#45 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

saved up? pssshhh!! none, getting it for my bday (october). im sure my dad will be kind enough to get me one game with it :D then i will get my sister to buy me a second, and i will try save up 40-80 pounds for one or two games :D atleast one friend is getting it aswell so i will borrow his games when hes done with them so i will end up playing about 6 wii u games when the system launches :D
Posted Image

#46 ShadowVector

ShadowVector

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

:( < That's how much.

Check out my artworks thread here on the forums

Follow me on 120px-Deviantart_logo.png

#47 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

I'd tell you, but then you'd know how much money I have in the bank. :P

That.

saved up? pssshhh!! none, getting it for my bday (october). im sure my dad will be kind enough to get me one game with it :D then i will get my sister to buy me a second, and i will try save up 40-80 pounds for one or two games :D atleast one friend is getting it aswell so i will borrow his games when hes done with them so i will end up playing about 6 wii u games when the system launches :D

LOL I used to do the exact same thing!
Posted Image

#48 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Some of you guys are lucky you can still ask for birthday and Christmas gifts. Once your an adult it's all clothing and cologne from then on. And the occasional kitchen equipment which I love. :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#49 Nin_Stream

Nin_Stream

Dry Bones

• Banned
  • 476 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, SmashBros, F-Zero

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Halfway there for the system itself. $150. So I need another $150 and about $100 for a capture card and $150 for launch games lol.

Edited by Nin_Stream, 15 April 2012 - 07:22 PM.

[E3 2012] Nintendo gets it's throne back.

#50 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

As an adult you MIGHT get a video game. It just depends who you are. My 24 year old friend gets video games sometimes. He loves tech he built an awesome computer from scratch for fun.

#51 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

I currently got 4300kr. I'm still note sure if I'm going to get the Wii U right know, depends on specs. (Don't hate me for being a visual guy like a lot people do on 3dsforums).

28gxdv8.png

#52 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

None pfft. It's too early to start saving. I'll just use my months wages on it so I am all sorted :D

#53 TheBlade12

TheBlade12

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fandoms? Lolno.

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'm that kind of guy who always spends my money when I get it, so zero dollars for me. I do have 60 dollars, but I'm planning on getting an Ocarina with that money. Or, I could always ask for some money for my birthday.
Bronies and Furries will die personally by my hand and my weapons of choice.

#54 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

I don't think I'm getting one at launch as planned. I did buy the PS3 and the Vita, and I like both since the games draw me in. I haven't been so up to date with the 3DS, the latest game being Kid Icarus, and the two before that being Mario Kart 7 and Resident Evil Revelations.

I was hoping the Wii U would come out much earlier. I was originally planning to use it as a Case Study at the end stretch of the year. I'm guessing that is out of the window. I mean, I could do it, but then I'll have to cram a lot of work into a small period of time. Pretty much all of the assignments I have until October-ish have been finished or at least the groundwork is done.

Oh well, when I have money... or... *places bets*

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#55 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:43 AM

only $95 ATM
but its not just for the Wii U, i wanna buy lots of the new 3DS games, so i'm not gonna buy ANYTHING until i have atleast $300 in my bank account :P
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#56 InsaneLaw

InsaneLaw

Blooper

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Fandom:
    All

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

I have nothing atm, and until I get a job, it'll remain the same.

#57 Andres

Andres

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Final Fantasy, Naruto, Pokemon

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hey guys i got $500 bucks Saved up for a WiiU and some extras like a Pro controller and one or two Games. What about you guys?
Posted Image

#58 dmann

dmann

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

$630 for me
Nintendo Network ID: dmann21
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1109-4924

#59 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

There is already a thread for this.

Next time, conduct a search on the topic you want to make a thread on. Look and see if there is an existing thread on that topic.

Make a post in the existing thread if you have something to say.

Edited by Blake, 30 June 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#60 Andres

Andres

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Final Fantasy, Naruto, Pokemon

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

$630 for me

Wow Saved up very well =]

There is already a thread for this.

Next time, conduct a search on the topic you want to make a thread on. Look and see if there is an existing thread on that topic.

Make a post in the existing thread if you have something to say.

Sorry about that =/
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!