#1 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

I would doubt that but many people are saying so. **Cough** **Patcher** **Cough**. But every time I see something that even remotely shows that it may have any sort of problem I see posts similar this. "I lost faith in Nintendo." So what are your true thoughts about it because I know you probably didn't mean that. My opinion is that the 3DS was doomed from the start and so was the Wii. Now why would the Wii U be any different? Heck the DS was doomed and stood no chance to the far superior PSP that sold like crazy. All of Nintendo is doomed

And thus ends my opinion, what is yours?

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

We have no idea how well it would do. It all depends on Nintendo approach at marketing, the price, games, online.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:01 AM

The wii U package seems brilliant and Nintendo's own games are likely to be brilliant especially now they have a console far, far more powerful than the wii. Software sells consoles, Nintendo develop some of the best games ever. Its being launched at the best time to launch a console just before christmas so is likely to have huge sales at the beginning at least and probably momentum from that to carry it forward. It seems Nintendo have costed the console quite low and can move easily on price if necessary. Seems like a recipe for success not failure. It really depends on how you gauge failure and success though. I would consider lifetime sales of 30 milion or more as the minimum level of what I would call success especially nowadays when gaming is so easily available on so many devices.

#4 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

Nintendo is gonna dominate the gaming market with the Wii U. That is all. *drops mic and walks out*

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

in my view it all depends on one major factor really. if the economy goes to hell before its launch then the industry will come to a halt and wii u won't be on anyone's mind. if that doesn't happen, i think it will do amazingly for a couple of reasons. the innovation is brilliant, haters be damned i think the tablet controller is more revolutionary than the wii mote. secondly, the launch lineup is better than any system launch in history
Posted Image

#6 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

If priced correctly, I think the Wii U will sell decently.

2lvmghw.png

#7 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

Nintendo is gonna dominate the gaming market with the Wii U. That is all. *drops mic and walks out*

*Silence everywhere... Suddenly, one man stands up and claps his hands. Then another one, and another one. In a matter of seconds, the whole room had denied the silence in a hour-long standing ovation...*
Posted Image

#8 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

It'll probably sell good, I doubt it'll sell Wii numbers though. If Nintendo plays their cards right it could be the #1 console sales-wise in the next-gen. However it's still yet to be seen whether it will be the #1 console in terms of third party support. That was the odd thing last-gen, the Wii unquestionably sold the most yet the Xbox 360 was where the vast majority of game dev's attention was drawn to. Nintendo's taking steps to fix this, but definitely not far enough yet.

I can see why people might think that they're "doomed" though. We've long since passed E3 now and yet the hype around the Wii U seems to be near non-existant outside of communities like our's... All I can say is that Nintendo is gonna need a hell of a lot of marketing around launch to make sure the word gets out, I doubt most people even really know what the Wii U is at this point.

Posted Image

#9 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:21 AM

I wouldn't put much faith in these statements, it wasn't too long ago that Nintendo released a console called the Wii. Which, you know, all the major outlets were saying, "The Xbox 360 will be the winner of this generation, with the PS3 following and the Nintendo Wii being in a distant last." ... ... ... and we know what happened there. Samething with the DS. And remember, the 3DS wasn't a huge success however it did do better then the Vita and it is doing very well with the cheaper price.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#10 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

It will sell, cuz I will buy. :ph34r:

#11 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

from what I see, no...

though I think this september conference will really determine whether it is doomed or not... the price, the full list of features, bundles, third party games... If these turn out disappointing... well, it's hard to say.. still I don't think it is doomed, though the chance for it to outsell ps4/nextbox will lower.. but then we still don't know how the ps4/next will turn out..

though, I still buy the wii u either way...
urhhh.. potatoes?

#12 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

Ever since the PS1 beat the N64 in sales (also the PS2 beat the Gamecube), people have been saying that Nintendo is ultimately going to fail ever since. Though, with the sales of the Wii, DS, and 3DS are topping all the other consoles, I think Nintendo is making a comeback to make up for those 2 generations with the WiiU.

Then again, with generation Z, we're dealing with children who only care about graphics, so I really hope that the WiiU can seriously put out some pretty images on the TV screen.

Edited by Tom, 19 July 2012 - 08:09 AM.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#13 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:07 AM

NO

Edited by Link, 19 July 2012 - 08:08 AM.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#14 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

When the Wii U outdoes this gen Sony and Microsoft will facepalm so much that they will have to ask Nintendo about ideas for the PS4 and Nextbox! And Nintendo will say:
*insert trollface here* Please we wouldn't even let you have the honor of designing your consoles after the NES.

*Silence everywhere... Suddenly, one man stands up and claps his hands. Then another one, and another one. In a matter of seconds, the whole room had denied the silence in a hour-long standing ovation...*

Thank you! Thank you! For a minute there if you didn't clap I thought id have to steal your souls but it looks like you all keep your souls....for now. *maniacal laughter then coughs* Anyway thank you!

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#15 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

Well, all the Nintendo fans are going to buy it, some of the hardcore will buy into it, and some of the casual will get it. So I think it will sell, it just depends on their marketing, which they really need to start marketing it to the majority of the public ASAP.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#16 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

I would doubt that but many people are saying so. **Cough** **Patcher** **Cough**. But every time I see something that even remotely shows that it may have any sort of problem I see posts similar this. "I lost faith in Nintendo." So what are your true thoughts about it because I know you probably didn't mean that. My opinion is that the 3DS was doomed from the start and so was the Wii. Now why would the Wii U be any different? Heck the DS was doomed and stood no chance to the far superior PSP that sold like crazy. All of Nintendo is doomed

Your too good at sarcasm -_-

#17 uh20

uh20

Thwomp

• Members
  • 340 posts
  • Fandom:
    i HATE m$windows

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

who knows
but if economy crashes and money goes tight, the wiiu might be the first to go, as it probably is going to provide less bang for the buck
i.e. people will be picky about console power
:laugh:

#18 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

People need to relax.

It's the same situation people used to do with Apple. Oh, the iPod is doomed, the Mac is doomed, etc. next thing you know, there stock is higher than googles, they have the highest market cap in the industry and could legitimately attempt a buyout of Google and Microsoft combined if they were so inclined (and if that pesky monopoly business problem just so happend to go away...). It's called focus. Apple has it. Nintendo has it. Sometimes you have to endure some lean years to get your payback. Nintendo has done that for two generations - the N64 and the GCN.

Let's remember the Xbox had games on it that started life on the N64 - and they didn't look much different than an N64 game.

Then there was the 360 with Halo 3. That certainly didn't excite anyone as it had decidedly last generation graphics, as did just about all of the early games, until a full year later. Even after Gears of War wowed everyone, the rest of Xbox games didn't look like that. In fact, many still don't produce that same "wow" factor as that first game, many years later. Although the 3rd game in the series with a highly refined and focused engine certainly did more than anyone thought it ever could.

If a year or two goes by and the Wii U is not showing its chops, then people can talk about that. But that isn't going to happen.

Nintendo is a very smart, very efficient company with a precision focus. They make the best game software and have created a surprisingly very powerful home console for third parties to show off with.

Nintendo will be rolling in the dough yet again and gamers will benefit (as will Nintendo's partners).

That is my tiny little non-important opinion...

Edited by Socalmuscle, 19 July 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#19 Creative Canvas

Creative Canvas

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Fandom:
    The legend of Zelda, animal crossing.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Let's see, with games like zombiu coing out for it, no the wiiU is not doomed. It makes as much sense as zombies taking over the world at the end of this year. *rolls eyes* Nintendo invents everything new. The wii u is a new concept that people are going to love. And other concoles are going to copy off of. Lol but really I don't see the wii u being doomed. As long as people are willing to buy concoles and play games on that concoles no concole is ever doomed.

#20 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Well, let's not under-estimate the significance of being the first to market. A lot of gamers are suckers for something new and shiny. This is true for 30 year old and 8 year olds. Nintendo needs to make Wii U a hot item, much like Wii was in 2006-2007. They need to capitalize on the whole, "I want it because everybody else wants it" mentality. That mentality can create a snowball effect on sales. But the real question is, how does Nintendo make their product desirable? Clever television and internet ads will no doubt help, but it all comes down to one thing:

Games. I don't care if you have next generation graphics, a touchpad controller, asymmetrical gameplay, robust online, or off-TV play if you don't have quality, engaging, fun games that use one or more of those features effectively.

So far it appears as if we are getting the best Ubisoft has to offer in AC3, ZombiU, Rayman Legends, and Just Dance 4(#?). We are getting the best WB has to offer in Batman Arkham City AE. We are getting the best Gearbox has to offer in Aliens: Colonial Marines and possibly Borderlands 2. The trend is that Wii U is getting the best games that third parties have to offer, and EA and Activision have yet to announce several games, but EA has stated that they will announce a Wii U lineup soon and let's be honest, Black Ops 2 is coming to Wii U.

We all know we are going to get the best that Nintendo has to offer. As long as the trend of Wii U getting the biggest and best games that third parties have to offer, Wii U will be at minimum and moderate success, and potentially a run-away success.

Edited by Fig, 19 July 2012 - 12:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!