Kardibask

Ninj

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • NNID:Kardibask
  • Fandom:
    Marvel, DC Comics

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

This is indeed good news, it's still not confirmation though. I hope we get some kind of official confirmation soon, though.

e674231265.jpg

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

I don't care for crysis3 as I see most shooters as generic. But the working with Nintendo part I like. I'm hoping nintendo can convince a developer to bring a brand new IP to the Wii U that takes full advantage of the controller and the horsepower that ps360 is lacking.

#4 eugoreez

eugoreez

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:01 AM

maybe crytek already started to build it's f2p games?
urhhh.. potatoes?

#5 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

I don't care for crysis3 as I see most shooters as generic. But the working with Nintendo part I like. I'm hoping nintendo can convince a developer to bring a brand new IP to the Wii U that takes full advantage of the controller and the horsepower that ps360 is lacking.

If they make crysis 3 then we can answer this question:

But can it run crysis?

Edited by Hinkik, 26 July 2012 - 04:34 AM.

28gxdv8.png

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

If memory serves me right, didn't an ex-employee of CryTek move over to Retro Studios?

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

I started thinking about this a little more. "Working with nintendo" to me means 1 of two things. 1 nintendo is going to use cryengine on one of thjeir upcoming 1st or 2nd party titles. 2 nintendo is just pairing with crytech on their effort to build their in house engine they will use for the life of Wii U.

#8 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

I played Crysis 2 and it was pretty good, only problem is I was playing it by myself because no one else had it. The gameplay is solid and the concept is sound, I might get it.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

Cryengine support, probably.
Which would be very welcomed. Cryengine 3 looks 10 times better than unreal engine 4.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

Which would be very welcomed. Cryengine 3 looks 10 times better than unreal engine 4.

Agreed.

#11 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

I don't care for Crysis, but this does bring a lot of appeal to Wii U.

#12 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

We already know Cry Engine 3 is being supported on Wii U, so hopefully it's Crysis 3.

#13 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

I just get Crysis because it has amazing graphics. But on PC, if this game comes to the Wii U the graphics will most likely be near to the PC version, which they no longer try on.

Cryengine 3.4 does look better than UE4. The color is far superior. This was built with Cryengine 3 and looks better than the UE4 demo.

#14 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Cryengine 3 looks 10 times better than unreal engine 4.

Posted Image

I can tell you right now, there's going to be two or three different people demanding your blood just for saying that. Not naming any of them, they'll just show themselves eventually I'm sure.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#15 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Any support on the Wii U is welcome (except for shovel ware) but to hear that Nintendo is going out of their way to get high profile developers on board makes me happy. Maybe this is that first person shooter that was rumored to look way better on Wii U than on other consoles, that hadn't been announced yet.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#16 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

You can say THAT again! Not only that, I would REALLY love to see Nintendo and Crytek to develop a Metroid title for the U powered by CryEngine 3.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

I can tell you right now, there's going to be two or three different people demanding your blood just for saying that. Not naming any of them, they'll just show themselves eventually I'm sure.

Cryengine is focusing on making the IDE easy and intuitive, they've had tessilation, and graphical magicary to make stuff look great for years already.
EU4 is about particles. Particles are cool and all, but they should come after your textures looking great and all the other magicary CE3 is able to do.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

I started thinking about this a little more. "Working with nintendo" to me means 1 of two things. 1 nintendo is going to use cryengine on one of thjeir upcoming 1st or 2nd party titles. 2 nintendo is just pairing with crytech on their effort to build their in house engine they will use for the life of Wii U.

Both options would be amazing! Don't you think they also could be making a new game though?
Posted Image

#19 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Both options would be amazing! Don't you think they also could be making a new game though?

A new ip "EXCLUSIVE" to Wii U would be killer. But seriouslt could you imagine metroid or starfox usinr cryengine3. Would blow everything out the water with the artistic vision nintendo has.

#20 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

http://www.computera...on-any-further/

"It's no secret that consoles are at a stage right now where CryEngine is really pushing the limits of what they're capable of doing. So now that we have that separated out, we can focus on the PC and really giving the PC users that much extra of a visual experience."

I have a feeling that this is why the Wii U version hasn't been announced. They've already finished Crysis 3 for 360 and PS3, and have moved on to working on making the PC version push CryEngine 3 to its limits so PC users get a far superior graphical experience. It's too late for Wii U to get Crysis 3 on the game's launch, and it'd cost too much to get it out on time. You'd either have to pay extra dev staff to not only poet over the game (relatively simple) but then figure out what the best use of the U-Pad would be, and how to optimise the graphics. Should the U-Pad use up heavy GPU power by streaming the game simultaneously and use some crazy innovative gameplay additions?, or should it just be for maps, inventory and status screens, which takes up less of the GPU power and less time coding for unique features. This has to be balanced with optimising the Wii U's visual power on the television, and how much they can push the new software in comparison with the PS3 and 360

I reckon once Crysis 3 hits the shelves, they'll probably begin work on the Wii U version. Especially that will give them time to evaluate how much hardware has been sold or estimated by pre-orders, to see how much of an audience there is for the Wii U.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!