PC gamers help needed.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

Ok I need help I need someone to breakdown what type of gaming performance I have. I want to start pc gaming. I have a laptop and these are the specs. 6GB DDR3 memory, 1 terabyte system memory, HD4830 GPU with 1GB dedicated memory and a I7 720QM CPU. Ok so can some one(don't mean to so rude)but who actually knows what they are talking about break down what this thing can do? Low, medium, or (I'm sure not) high level graphics output on say something like battlefield 3. If more info is needed to make that analyasis just let me know and I will get it.

#2 Hamez

Hamez

Blooper

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • NNID:PrinceLuna
  • Fandom:
    007, Team Fortress 2, Zelda, Ponies

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

Everything is mostly good. The GPU could actually have a bit more memory, but its still good. Everything else is pretty much the best it could be.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

Everything is mostly good. The GPU could actually have a bit more memory, but its still good. Everything else is pretty much the best it could be.

So let's say a game like battlefield 3. What kind of performance could I expect with a game like that. I saw a video on youtube with crysis 2 running on my pc and it was pretty good looking with smooth gameplay.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

medium to low. (a high low, to medium medium)
And direct x 10

Edited by Nollog, 03 August 2012 - 10:44 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Your specs are fine. The GPU could be better though if it were 2GB.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#6 Matten

Matten

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii this site.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

I'm a huge pc gamer on a laptop as well and BF3 is my choice of game at the moment so I can help you here. Your ram is excellent, your 1g video card is good, hard drive space is excellent and I assume that is a quadcore processor so that is good as well. You will be able to run BF3 on high rather easily.

Although after owning 2 previous laptops there is something I wish someone would have told me before I ever got my first laptop....You MUST clean out the dust inside your laptop every so often (6months or so). Laptops are susceptible to overheating while playing demanding games like BF3, so what you need to do is get some compressed air and unscrew your laptop from the back to expose the insides and blow that thing clean every 6 months or so to get all the dust out. This will increase your laptops performance and help it stay cool and quiet and increase the longevity of its life cycle.

Most games will auto-adjust your graphical settings upon your first startup of the game, but if you find yourself lagging or anything just lower the anti-aliasing( sometimes options are set to 8 or 16x, and you can put it on way lower than that) or shadows or turn off vertical sync (Vsync).

I think you have a damn fine laptop for gaming just make sure you set the battery power mode to high performance or whatever your highest setting is before you start your game and enjoy yourself. I've been at PC gaming for over 10 years and I love it. I play all my "hardcore" games for PC and play my exclusive Nintendo stuff on console/handheld where I can play with my gf or roommates or whoever is at my place :) If you have any questions or anything let me know. I'll even play BF3 with you if you would like haha. Hope this helps.

#7 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

I'm a huge pc gamer on a laptop as well and BF3 is my choice of game at the moment so I can help you here. Your ram is excellent, your 1g video card is good, hard drive space is excellent and I assume that is a quadcore processor so that is good as well. You will be able to run BF3 on high rather easily.

Although after owning 2 previous laptops there is something I wish someone would have told me before I ever got my first laptop....You MUST clean out the dust inside your laptop every so often (6months or so). Laptops are susceptible to overheating while playing demanding games like BF3, so what you need to do is get some compressed air and unscrew your laptop from the back to expose the insides and blow that thing clean every 6 months or so to get all the dust out. This will increase your laptops performance and help it stay cool and quiet and increase the longevity of its life cycle.

Most games will auto-adjust your graphical settings upon your first startup of the game, but if you find yourself lagging or anything just lower the anti-aliasing( sometimes options are set to 8 or 16x, and you can put it on way lower than that) or shadows or turn off vertical sync (Vsync).

I think you have a damn fine laptop for gaming just make sure you set the battery power mode to high performance or whatever your highest setting is before you start your game and enjoy yourself. I've been at PC gaming for over 10 years and I love it. I play all my "hardcore" games for PC and play my exclusive Nintendo stuff on console/handheld where I can play with my gf or roommates or whoever is at my place :) If you have any questions or anything let me know. I'll even play BF3 with you if you would like haha. Hope this helps.

Yep its quad core 2 threads per core. but i believe i have the turbo version which runs at 2.8 GHZ. so yeah im getting my pc ready for upcoming gen. there will be thrid party games that wont come to Wii U. if i feel the need i can purchase that on PC. good to know im capable of running pretty intense games. if i have anymore questions i will hit you up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!