• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

So, I was just at my local GameStop (Syracuse NY) and they had all the WII U stuff up and I started talking to all the guys that work there about the system and they were excited for it. They all seemed to think that this system will FLY off the shelves ASAP and will be just like the WII all over again. I brought up how the system is cool but won’t a lot of people see that the graphics are on par with ps3 and 360 and people won’t want to spend the money? They all said that all the people who shop there are not only ready for something new but, everyone loves the idea of playing not only your favorite Nintendo titles but now you can play ALL the games you like on one system. He also said that he has heard many times that the new Xbox and ps4 could have price tags from 500-700 bucks when they release next year so, more people will want the WII U instead because of price. The guys there plan to get 3 systems. Keep 1 and sell 2 on EBay because they will be sold out for a while.

Another thing they told me was that Nintendo is very hard to deal with. I guess they don’t ever tell companies when to take pre orders on stuff until like 3 days before hand. He also thought that the US system might be pushed back to December as well. Thought I would pass some of this information along.

#2 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

I'm glad that Europe is not alone on this delaying thing (I still think that it might be released in November, though.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#3 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

yea i hope not haha i dont want to wait that long. They also seemed to think there will be a 300$ price tag for the system and somewhere around 100$ for the controller.

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

who said anything about graphics being on par with ps360? there is literally no evidense for that
Posted Image

#5 Naomi

Naomi

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:
    inFamous, Call of Duty, Mario

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

My GameStop in NYC has self made posters up already. I haven't been down lately but when I do, I'm pretty sure their gonna have material already
New opportunities with this site, I like it

"A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years." Story of my Lif3!

*Lick Partay*

#6 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

I saw some of the standees when I went by a Game Stop today. It was really cool, and I would have asked them for it, but I have a store closer to me.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#7 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

Haven't been to GameStop lately, I'm going on Sunday to pick up NSMB2 so I'll see if mine ( I'm in Florida) has started.

#8 King_Bowser_Koopa

King_Bowser_Koopa

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

I find that I always know more about Nintendo than my local Gamestop employees, which isn't a bad thing. However, I find it interesing that one of those employees thinks the Wii U will be delayed here in America. I don't see that happening. The hype train has been slowly speeding up and you see more and more people getting interested in the console. If Nintendo were going to delay the system then I would think they'd put the brakes on things for a just a little bit. This way people don't get all exctied and then disappointed when a delay is announced.

Edited by King_Bowser_Koopa, 13 August 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#9 patrickryan39

patrickryan39

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

who said anything about graphics being on par with ps360? there is literally no evidense for that

Really ?? no evidence? Have you not seen ANY of the screen shots or gameplay of any games being released on the wii u? I dont think anyone needs to come out and say that. Most games will just be ports of the ps3/360 version. Plus, when you have nintendo saying over and over again that their main focus is gameplay and not "whats inside the system" I think it says it all. If it had more power...dont you think they would have advertised that as a sellng point by now?

#10 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

One correction ... a system that hasn't had an official launch date announced can not be delayed. Two, this doesn't surprise me because GameStop may very well loose money because the new xbox and ps4 will more then likely block used games, giving you limited access to game content. This is a big reason for using GameStop so yiu can trade in used games. They obviously want the Wii U to do well so they can stay competitive against Wal-Mart and other larger stores.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#11 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

nice im glad....seeing as your being a smart ass for no reason maybe..just maybe you should stop wasting everyones time with your dumb posts that no one cares about :) You have a good day babe

Really ?? no evidence? Have you not seen ANY of the screen shots or gameplay of any games being released on the wii u? I dont think anyone needs to come out and say that. Most games will just be ports of the ps3/360 version. Plus, when you have nintendo saying over and over again that their main focus is gameplay and not "whats inside the system" I think it says it all. If it had more power...dont you think they would have advertised that as a sellng point by now?

nintendo is using parts from 2010-2011 how can the system NOT DESTROY last gen systems. lol sorry but you dont know what your talking about

have you not seen pikmin 3? that could never be done on a ps3 or 360 with even remotely the same quality

Signature_Fox.png

#12 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

nice im glad....seeing as your being a smart ass for no reason maybe..just maybe you should stop wasting everyones time with your dumb posts that no one cares about :) You have a good day babe

I think the problem was the way you stated it, like "on par" was all there is to it.

The system will have much better graphics, but at launch, most of the games will have started life on wii, 360, and will be ports.

The Wii U is a next gen system with specs that wipe out the 360 and PS3.

Like the 360 at launch, where a lot of games looked like Xbox or GCN games (even exclusive titles like Kameo, Halo 3, etc.), the Wii U will have to endure a similar start. but like the 360 before it, the Wii U will distinguish itself and shine brightly a year after launch and onward.

#13 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

The system isn't on par with last gen. Nintendo learned enough to not skimp on graphics. (Honestly it wasn't so much skimping on graphics last gen as it was more powerful than GC... they just didn't want to bet on HD and didn't expect Sony to release a 600 dollar console lmao)

You know the first games always suck graphically compared to end of life, and that 3rd parties are usually less willing to push the graphics than 1st party. And Nintendo's only two games is a heavily cartoony Mii game we can't get much insight from, and what is basically a Wii port (Pikmin). The fact they can pass as end of life PS3 is a good sign.

I don't expect to see what the system can really do until Nintendo releases a game built from the ground up on the Wii U that isn't a party game.
Posted Image

#14 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

The Wii U is a next generation console. The graphics, even with simple ports, look vastly superior to what came before it. Pikman 3 looked amazing.

Abd actually, my dear friends, NOA president Reggie has stated the graphics are amazing and that they are HD and using it as a selling point. Get your simple facts straight before arguing that Nintendo Wii U is last gen.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#15 FreakAlchemist

FreakAlchemist

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link Samus MegaMan KidBuu Vegeta

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

The system isn't on par with last gen. Nintendo learned enough to not skimp on graphics. (Honestly it wasn't so much skimping on graphics last gen as it was more powerful than GC... they just didn't want to bet on HD and didn't expect Sony to release a 600 dollar console lmao)

You know the first games always suck graphically compared to end of life, and that 3rd parties are usually less willing to push the graphics than 1st party. And Nintendo's only two games is a heavily cartoony Mii game we can't get much insight from, and what is basically a Wii port (Pikmin). The fact they can pass as end of life PS3 is a good sign.

I don't expect to see what the system can really do until Nintendo releases a game built from the ground up on the Wii U that isn't a party game.

That would be the game Retro is working on but we won't even see it until next year...which sucks.
Posted Image

3DS Friend code: 0602-6262-8935

just pm me if you want to friend me

#16 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

no offense, but it's stuff like this that annoys me!! haven't you done research? the Wii U version of batman looks significantly better than the ps360 versions, so does assassins creed, it looks much better, i've seen direct comparisons. Who cares if nintendo said that they prioritise gameplay over graphics, they ALSO said the Wii U has enough power to compete with next gen xbox and ps. hahah of course they're not going to use graphics as a major selling point, there are a few hundred thousand people on the internet that care about graphics, the millions of other consumers really couldnt care less. There is no evidense the Wii U is only on par
Posted Image

#17 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

no offense, but it's stuff like this that annoys me!! haven't you done research? the Wii U version of batman looks significantly better than the ps360 versions, so does assassins creed, it looks much better, i've seen direct comparisons. Who cares if nintendo said that they prioritise gameplay over graphics, they ALSO said the Wii U has enough power to compete with next gen xbox and ps. hahah of course they're not going to use graphics as a major selling point, there are a few hundred thousand people on the internet that care about graphics, the millions of other consumers really couldnt care less. There is no evidense the Wii U is only on par

I'm not going to dispute anything you're saying about the Wii U, but c'mon, there's a TON of people/gamers that care about graphics. The reason why so many people still play the PS2 out there in the general public is likely driven much more by economic factors than preference. You don't need great graphics to enjoy a great game...but these are VIDEO games we're discussing...graphics play a huge role in the immersion factor for most players.

#18 Usman Mohammad

Usman Mohammad

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

One correction ... a system that hasn't had an official launch date announced can not be delayed. Two, this doesn't surprise me because GameStop may very well loose money because the new xbox and ps4 will more then likely block used games, giving you limited access to game content.

I just stopped there, it's like you haven't been paying attention at all. Sony has outright said, that used games will not be blocked. I'm not sure MS has said it but they won't do it either, it's a risk. If one company prevents used games sales and the others allow it, the consumers will jump ship to the other consoles, it's as simple as that. It's going to hurt them more than it's going to help the publishers.

Look there's a problem, it's a double standard, sure it looks better but the response from most people is going to be "It's still the same game I can play on my PS3, I don't care if it looks better" when they where harping about how their console (PS3 or 360) has a better looking third party game. So please don't bring this issue up. To the general audience they won't realise it or care since they believe the next box and PSNext are going to have visuals like Star Wars 1313, Samaritan Demo and run on a gpu similar in performance to that of the GK104 GPU (which will no doubt smoke the Wii U GPU).

Double standards, they'll say graphics dont matter, then when they're console comes out they're going to say their console is better because of the graphics.

So please don't use that arguement, it's just not going to work, we know it's native 1080, has better textures and aliasing but that's a small improvement that they won't care about.

The responses that the Wii U is probably going to get is:
1. It should be more powerful considering that consoles are based on 2004/5 tech
1.1 before hand they were saying, oh no Wii U is not as powerful as a 360, they're still stuck in 2005.

2. I'll just wait another year for the nextbox/PSNext (now this is a valid arguement) which will be more powerful than the Wii U

3. Im not wasting $300 on a Wii U to play old games
3.1 when clearly some people are going to buy that halo bundle that costs A LOT more

Edited by Usman Mohammad, 15 August 2012 - 01:29 AM.

#19 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'm not going to dispute anything you're saying about the Wii U, but c'mon, there's a TON of people/gamers that care about graphics. The reason why so many people still play the PS2 out there in the general public is likely driven much more by economic factors than preference. You don't need great graphics to enjoy a great game...but these are VIDEO games we're discussing...graphics play a huge role in the immersion factor for most players.

yes graphics are really important, but its like a curve, it matters a lot in the beginning, but then at the end it flattens out. honestly, my dad thought a picture of GTA IV was real life, it was a small picture, but still it was a clear picture of a damaged ferrari, my dad thought it was real (no he's not stupid) a couple of my friends thought that as well, until i told them it was a game, at which point, it became obvious. what i'm getting at is that the graphics we have today have reached the point where any better graphics is not going to impress millions of people, it will impress a few hundred thousand and that's it. go up to your parents, your siblings, show them a direct comparison of Battlefield 3 on xbox and pc, i would bet a lot they will hardly notice the difference, if they do, they wouldnt care. this is why Wii U being marketed to have superior graphics would be a mistake, people don't care enough
Posted Image

#20 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

go up to your parents, your siblings, show them a direct comparison of Battlefield 3 on xbox and pc, i would bet a lot they will hardly notice the difference, if they do, they wouldnt care.

It depends if your parents are gamers or not. If they aren't gamers, they won't care. But to the average gamer, they would notice a big difference between Battlefield 3 PC and Xbox 360. I can't stand to play the PS3 version anymore because it's so laggy and horrible looking. It's not optimized for consoles.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!