Photo

How long until the Wii U's full potential is unlocked?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

Well, people are still unlocking potential in the commador 64 so.....

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:28 AM

They still claim there is unlocked power in the PS3 which is hardly surprising with its horribly complicated design. Of course some developers learn faster than others. It may turn out that certain brilliant developers like Retro produce some early amazing titles but lesser developers have a slow upward path of achievement on the wii u, improving them technically with each new game.

#23 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

I'd say when the next consoles come out, the Wii U will start to really shine.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#24 WisdomPowerCourage

WisdomPowerCourage

ZEWOP BOOPITY BOP!

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • Fandom:
    Cats Pajamas.

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

In approximately 4 seconds.

Full power unlocked, KABLAMM

#25 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

no way, look at crysis 3 best looking 360 game ive ever seen and cant even touch pikmin 3 in the graphics department. trine two can be done on 360 because im pretty sure it was.

please have ur eyes checked lol jo but seriously i couldnt disagree more

http://gengame.net/w...3-preview-4.jpg
There is so many errors in Pikmin and the textures are basic too. And they never said Pikmin couldn't run on a 360.

Trine 2 looks the best because it is the most graphical game and it's running at a clear resolution.

#26 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

http://gengame.net/w...3-preview-4.jpg
There is so many errors in Pikmin and the textures are basic too. And they never said Pikmin couldn't run on a 360.

Trine 2 looks the best because it is the most graphical game and it's running at a clear resolution.

um... no. Pikmin 3 looks great. and there are a lot of physics issues as well.

Crysis 3 also looks great and will look better on Wii U.

Trine 2?!? Seriously?

It's NSMB2 with a more edgy (and in my humble opinion, a much better looking) art direction. definitely not even in the running as far as true 3D graphical representation is concerned. That game has an easier time of putting graphics together than the on-rails Crash Bandicoot did in the PSX era. In other words, the game is pretty, but pretty for what it is. Not a true competitor to games that are off rails and not in a 2D-esque side scroller perspective. Heck, donkey Kong Country looked pretty awesome on the SNES as a 2D side scroller and wouldn't look that bad compared to today's games.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 14 August 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#27 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

um... no. Pikmin 3 looks great. and there are a lot of physics issues as well.

Crysis 3 also looks great and will look better on Wii U.

Trine 2?!? Seriously?

It's NSMB2 with a more edgy (and in my humble opinion, a much better looking) art direction. definitely not even in the running as far as true 3D graphical representation is concerned. That game has an easier time of putting graphics together than the on-rails Crash Bandicoot did in the PSX era. In other words, the game is pretty, but pretty for what it is. Not a true competitor to games that are off rails and not in a 2D-esque side scroller perspective. Heck, donkey Kong Country looked pretty awesome on the SNES as a 2D side scroller and wouldn't look that bad compared to today's games.

I wasn't even talking to you. And Pikmin may look great but it's nothing special. Same goes for the rest of the 3d launch titles.
Trine 2 looks the best in many peoples opinions
http://www.neogaf.co...126&postcount=1

#28 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Zelda (Miyamoto says graphics are very important for it) and Retro's game. Though the next monolith game could blow our socks off before then.

#29 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

I wasn't even talking to you. And Pikmin may look great but it's nothing special. Same goes for the rest of the 3d launch titles.
Trine 2 looks the best in many peoples opinions
http://www.neogaf.co...126&postcount=1

You don't have to be talking to me for a response on a public forum.

And Killer Instinct looked better than Tekken, but that's all because of the harder work full 3D has to do.

that's also why Crash was able to make the PSX look decent.

trine 2 is a 2D side scroller with 3D elements. In other words, much like the new 2D (with 3D assets) Mario - "meh."

it looks decent on screen. when you play it - "meh."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!