Photo

Rumor:Nintendo's Achievements/Trophies name announced as Wii U" Accomplishments"

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Meelow100

Meelow100

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

http://www.gonintend...story&id=183430

Posted Image

It looks like "Accomplishments" is going to be Nintendo's version off Achievments and Trophies! :D.

#2 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

lol nice. Wonder if it makes a sound when one is unlocked like the ps3 and 360. The 1 up sound from mario would be awesome.

#3 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

I am all for this, it can only help the Wii U, nintendo will just nned to make a way where you can turn off the notification of the Accomplishments completely or after you switch of the game. It would be cool if the accomplishments work with MiiVerse to get new stuff for your Mii.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

Cool. I will now spend hours hunting down pointless things so I can show off.

Lol I am actually excited for these. It will be fun hunting for them.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

Yeah they are pretty pointless but it adds a bit to the replay value for my single player games. I guess its nice to have the option on the Wii U then to flat out not have them so kudos to Nintendo for that.

#6 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

I am glad!

I wonder if there will be a sound... 1-UP sounds good.

#7 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

i hope if this is real they make it like xbox's were devs can put witty names for them like the cake is a lie and stuff

#8 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

Ohh man this is awesome!!!
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#9 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

This is pretty cool. I just hope that they don't make a bunch things that you're supposed to do Accomplishments. Stuff like, You killed your first enemy !
Posted Image

#10 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

It would be cool if you could use a custom sound or other preloaded ones. It seems doable since the Gamepad has a mic rophone built in. :D

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#11 gregoryorizal

gregoryorizal

Spiny

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

It would be cool if you could use a custom sound or other preloaded ones. It seems doable since the Gamepad has a mic rophone built in. :D

That would be so awesome if they did that. I would love to record myself saying the stupidest things and go Accomplishment hunting
Posted Image

#12 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

I really like how the 360 handles the Achievements. I guess that is because I like showing off things. :P

I love how you get a certain amount of points for each Achievement; again, showing off. So, hopefully, the "Wii U Accomplishments" will be similar (if it is real, of course).

#13 JD2995

JD2995

Blooper

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc.

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

I hope this means that the Wii U have an unified accomplishment system and not in-game accomplishments. Hope is true.
Posted Image
Sorry for my bad english

#14 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

Knew it. There was no way they were going to have an easy time with the core gaming audience without these. Too many gaming communities circumvent around trophy hunting.

This can only mean good for the Wii U.

But I really hope they've tried something new with it, to make it stand out. Like my ideas. They were great... weren't they?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#15 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

I really don't get why people care about achievements.
I understand on the 360 because you get a gamer score or whatever, but meh.

I don't really care, but when I finished Alien Swarm the achievements gave me a little extra to shoot for, so I guess if there's games I'd enjoy enough to fully complete and still want to play afterwards, Accomplishments are welcome.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#16 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&amp;id=183430

Posted Image

It looks like "Accomplishments" is going to be Nintendo's version off Achievments and Trophies! :D.

I honestly never even cared about achievements, it really adds very little value to a game. So this does not even make me happy in the slightest, but it doesn't make me angry in the slightest. I just simply don't care.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#17 Fig

Fig

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Fandom:
    Miyamoto franchises

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

The 1up sound would be cool. I'd prefer the you just found something important sound from Zelda.

#18 FrostySweetness

FrostySweetness

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sims, Pokemon, Little Big Planet

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

I am like Killer Mario. I really don't care about achievements. To me, it is all about playing the game and enjoying it. I have and follow the other two consoles too and it annoys me when people on new releases get angry about the achievements/trophies either because they are not good enough, there aren't too many in the game, etc. It is like "Play the game, do you need a little trophy to keep you playing or make you feel better?"

I know not all people who care about them are like that, some people just like them, and it is a nice feature...I just had to get a rant out.

But back to Nintendo giving it to Wii U, go ahead! The more features, the merrier!

#19 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:22 AM

Sounds awesome. Achievements are always fun IMO. Plus pretty much every online service, even on the PC, has some form of achievement system now, Nintendo Network would feel a bit empty without them.

Posted Image

#20 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

Just saw this earlier. Good to see Nintendo embracing the 'achievements' world. The Mii Plaza on the 3DS has accomplishments that you get from completing puzzles and going through StreetPass quest. I'm sure most of us were assuming that was the start of a Nintendo 'achievement' system.

The 1up sound would be cool.

Agreed! :D

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!