Photo

How do you want Zelda Wii U to be storywise?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

I love the dark Zelda games, they are the most fun. And I've always wanted to know how hyrule was flooded, so I'm all in on this idea.
On a side note majoras mask was better than ocarina IMO. Better storyline and more interesting characters. Also BENS STORY WAS CREEPY AS SHIZ

By the way... WHY DID YOU MENTION BEN'S STORY ON THAT RAINY DAY I THOUGHT I WOULD GET RID OF THIS BUT GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SO CREEPY PEEPOLZ DONT GO CHECK THIS In fact thanks it was cool to know :P
Posted Image

#22 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

I agree that it should be a more dark, deep and even mature game. In particular I really really want Zelda Wii U to have full voice acting, for every character except Link of course. It would make the story so much more fun and immersive I think. The game's universe itself I think should be dark, but not necessarily depressing. More "creepy dark", leaning towards MM, with a bit of the "epic dark" of OOT/TP mixed in there. If you know what I mean. :P

Posted Image

#23 Hyrule's Samurai

Hyrule's Samurai

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

It should have elements from the 4 best Zelda games, which I will list (not in order, since I don't have one):
  • Skyward Sword
  • Twilight Princess
  • Majora's Mask
  • Ocarina of Time
There is a lot they can have from each which I might put in later.

#24 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

I agree that it should be a more dark, deep and even mature game. In particular I really really want Zelda Wii U to have full voice acting, for every character except Link of course. It would make the story so much more fun and immersive I think. The game's universe itself I think should be dark, but not necessarily depressing. More "creepy dark", leaning towards MM, with a bit of the "epic dark" of OOT/TP mixed in there. If you know what I mean. :P

Yeah maybe I misused the word "depressing" there. I agree, but adding voice acting would turn the game into a depressing horror game. Would you imagin the happy masks salesman have a voice? I mean, his sole giggle (I dunno if I spelled it right) is creepy enough :P

Seriously though, voice acting would be great, except for Link, as you said.
Posted Image

#25 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

I'd actually like the whole world to be like a dungeon in nature, with whatever the hub town to be the only safe place from monsters. So, rather than getting a map and compass for a whole dungeon, you only get to identify things within a section of the world. This is more so you can connect the places around the world better, rather than just having Hyrule Field and dungeons in far out corners. It also gives more opportunities to use items more frequently, as you'll see things early on that you know are item specific.

Problem with all of this is that the entire game could end up being a massive confusefest for anyone with terrible memory.... Oh wait, that's what touchscreens are for, for jotting down notes and stuff.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#26 ninetailschris

ninetailschris

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

I don't like dark Zeldas and Zeldas is my favorite Ip ever.

TP was a great game but the it looked so boring to me very colorless and dead not like other Zelda games.

Majora Mask was dark in way but it was very colorful and I loved that game.

I prefer mysterious than dark because dark to me just feels generic and I don't play dark looking games because they bore me lol.

Edited by ninetailschris, 27 August 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#27 jono

jono

Boo

• Members
  • 552 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

As far as I know, there's only one timeline to the Zelda series. The different art style doesn't mean it's on a different timeline. The toony ones happen after the flood, that's all.

Ummmmm there's an official timeline, Nintendo released it. MM is on a different timeline.

#28 Chris

Chris

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

I'm down for a darker Zelda. MM is one of my favorite titles to date. :)

I liked the motion controls used in Skyward Sword, but if they aren't implemented in Zelda U I really wont mind.

Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1332-9041-3756

Feel free to add me as a Friend! c:

#29 Ravyu

Ravyu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Batman, Link and NINTENDO

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

"But there is a solution, there is a way to have Skyward Sword accurate sword controls without motion controls. Look at the Wii U Gamepad for a second, with the 2 joysticks instead of one being camera and the other being able to move, how about the one on the left is used for Link to move but the stick on the right is your sword. If your confused look at the joysticks they can move 360 degrees around so let's say wherever you move the stick you also move your sword, which means that your sword also has accurate 360 degree motion. So could do a soft roll on the joystick to move your sword or a flick to slash. This leaves the L, R, ZL, and ZR buttons open for options like the camera and shield. Then the touch screen could be your inventory, a first person view, a copy of what's on the screen, or something completely different."

Ew that's disgusting. But I think knowing how hyrule was flooding would be AWESOME. WII U WILL RULE
A rare 12 Year Old that thinks Nintendo is godly.
PC Specs- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hUYw

#30 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

Ummmmm there's an official timeline, Nintendo released it. MM is on a different timeline.

I know about that, but I'm still skeptical and I think they're hiding something because Wind Waker refers so much to the past (Ocarina of Time) that it has me thinking that they made different timelines so nobody would get confused. But I absolutely have no proof, so I'll believe you anyway :)
Posted Image

#31 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

:o That would be the ultimate Zelda game !

Posted Image

#32 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

First off, WW and MM take place in different timelines.

However, I think they should use everything else. I actually came up with fan fiction inside my head about how Majora escapes from the destroyed termina and forces the gods to flood hyrule (since Link wasn't there to stop her from killing termina in that timeline). I'd love a Link about the same age as TP.

The only problem with that is that WW pointed towards Ganondorf being the great evil they flooded Hyrule to stop. Although I would love to see a return of Majora in a game. Maybe something back when Majora wasnt a mask and the demon was ruling Termina and Ikana with a reign of tyranny. Adult link living in the swamp wakes up one day and Majoras army marches in to the swamp and starts to burn everything and takes Links sweatheart (Zelda) and Link goes after her. When Majora slaghters its victims it turns them into masks for keepsakes, and this is the backstory of all masks in Hyrule and termina. As link traverses through the decrepit wasteland that Majora has destroyed, there is only a few settlements left, and the only come out at day for they fear the warriors of the night (Majoras Army) Link learns of an ancient power that Majora has been using to take the souls of people and turn them into Masks. He also learns of a Shield that has been broken and can block this power. He then goes off into various dungeons and fortresses collecting these shards. When he has them all, he learns there is no way to repair the shield, but the King of Ikana knows, he sets off to Ikana which has long been at war with Majora. He finds his way through the castle and he is just beat by Majora and his army, in a dying breath the king tells Link of four giants whos power can repair the shield. Link now goes to the swamp, Mtn, Bay, and finally back to Ikana to find the giants. They repair the shield and Link goes to Majoras keep in the middle of Termina Field (where clock town is) and fights his way through the keep and then faces off against Majora.(In the battle room all the masks in MM can be seen on mantles on the wall) Majora speaks in a sadistic tone and talks about Zelda's Demise and points to her mask on the wall. They begin fighting and the battle is remarkably more difficult than in MM and in the end Link cannot find a way to stop his god like powers. But when his shield is hit by a blast of light by Majora then it charges and shines, it can then relfect blasts. Link is forced to reflect his spell that turns people into masks and it turns Majora into a mask. At this moment the keep crashes down and all thats left is a clock tower. Link then journeys to hide the mask but gets lost and is attacks by ritualistic tribe and they steal his mask and and murder link, they then become afraid of the mask and lock it away because of the evil powers it possesses. The End.
That would be my perfect Zelda game.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#33 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

The only problem with that is that WW pointed towards Ganondorf being the great evil they flooded Hyrule to stop. Although I would love to see a return of Majora in a game. Maybe something back when Majora wasnt a mask and the demon was ruling Termina and Ikana with a reign of tyranny. Adult link living in the swamp wakes up one day and Majoras army marches in to the swamp and starts to burn everything and takes Links sweatheart (Zelda) and Link goes after her. When Majora slaghters its victims it turns them into masks for keepsakes, and this is the backstory of all masks in Hyrule and termina. As link traverses through the decrepit wasteland that Majora has destroyed, there is only a few settlements left, and the only come out at day for they fear the warriors of the night (Majoras Army) Link learns of an ancient power that Majora has been using to take the souls of people and turn them into Masks. He also learns of a Shield that has been broken and can block this power. He then goes off into various dungeons and fortresses collecting these shards. When he has them all, he learns there is no way to repair the shield, but the King of Ikana knows, he sets off to Ikana which has long been at war with Majora. He finds his way through the castle and he is just beat by Majora and his army, in a dying breath the king tells Link of four giants whos power can repair the shield. Link now goes to the swamp, Mtn, Bay, and finally back to Ikana to find the giants. They repair the shield and Link goes to Majoras keep in the middle of Termina Field (where clock town is) and fights his way through the keep and then faces off against Majora.(In the battle room all the masks in MM can be seen on mantles on the wall) Majora speaks in a sadistic tone and talks about Zelda's Demise and points to her mask on the wall. They begin fighting and the battle is remarkably more difficult than in MM and in the end Link cannot find a way to stop his god like powers. But when his shield is hit by a blast of light by Majora then it charges and shines, it can then relfect blasts. Link is forced to reflect his spell that turns people into masks and it turns Majora into a mask. At this moment the keep crashes down and all thats left is a clock tower. Link then journeys to hide the mask but gets lost and is attacks by ritualistic tribe and they steal his mask and and murder link, they then become afraid of the mask and lock it away because of the evil powers it possesses. The End.
That would be my perfect Zelda game.

OOOH! Majora's Mask is creepy, but having a Zelda talking about the masks' origins would be creepier...

Then it would be perfect, I'd like to see this happening.

Edited by Alianjaro, 28 August 2012 - 08:20 AM.

Posted Image

#34 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:42 AM

WW does beat most games but it is the worst 3d game in the series. Although that is just my opinion. I guess whether a dark game is good or not is merely a matter of preference.

Well, it was my first 3D Zelda (like OOT was for most people) so the experience was immense. Just HUGE. I was never before so amazed by a game, not since SMW and ALTTP on the SNES.
No sig.

#35 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

Have Link killed off as the final zelda game... then make the rest from here on out prequals

#36 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

Have Link killed off as the final zelda game... then make the rest from here on out prequals

Its a different link each time, so killing one off would mean nothing. The only time it wasnt a different link was in Majoras Mask and Ocarina.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#37 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

Its a different link each time, so killing one off would mean nothing. The only time it wasnt a different link was in Majoras Mask and Ocarina.

Link is the same Link he just suffers from multipersonality disorder and schizophrenia... he is actually in a mental facility and youve just been playing his hallucinations ... Princess Zelda is the nurse that takes care of him and Ganondorf is symbolic for the walls of the mental hospital that confine him

#38 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

Link is the same Link he just suffers from multipersonality disorder and schizophrenia... he is actually in a mental facility and youve just been playing his hallucinations ... Princess Zelda is the nurse that takes care of him and Ganondorf is symbolic for the walls of the mental hospital that confine him

HAHAHA I love the way you see it.
Posted Image

#39 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:11 PM

HAHAHA I love the way you see it.

Thatd be a sick plot twist... I think id crap my pants if they made that

O_o this could be the FPS Shigeru was talking about!!!! I totally called it... Link breaks out of the mental hospital and goes on a shooting spee

#40 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

First I would like to mention the controls, I wouldn't want them to be like that in fact either keep motion controls or drop them completely. I like motion controls but it feels as skyward sword became easier with them, albeit using them became a chore with my nunchuck falling out every five seconds. I think it would be awkward to use the right stick to control the sword and would take alot of getting used to.

I think the graphics should change throughout the game, at first being bright and colour full and as you get deeper into the game it becomes dark, and scary (maybe enough to make it a 16 rated game) This could even be used as a part of the story say Zelda's mind is being used to alter hyrule and the neighbor city of Tyranesse - a strange place were evil roams freely often overflowing unto hyrule.

Link should have to hunt for food to survive (to refill his hearts) as he has been thrown out of his village for accidently burning down the church a landmark that the loftwing soldiers use to find the village when they provide support for the festival of the trees.

Also link should get help against the final boss from the people who he helped.
Like there is two massive armys across the plains of hyrule field kinda like the horde battle but two billion times more massive

Edited by kris1206, 29 August 2012 - 04:56 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!