Photo

MGS: Ground Zero and MGS Movie announced!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:
    3D Mario, Metroid, F-Zero, Pokémon, SSB

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

Posted Image

http://www.siliconer...etal-gear-game/

According to reports from attendees, Konami showed a brief demo of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero. The game will allegedly be an open-world title that runs on Kojima Productions’ FOX Engine. Snippets of footage showed Snake avoiding searchlights, riding a jeep, and calling a helicopter in for evacuation.

Supposedly it's a next-gen game, and the demo was run on high end PC hardware. The above picture is real time footage from the game that's running on Kojima's new FOX Engine.

In addition to this, a MGS movie was officially confirmed for the second time, this time with a different director. Hopefully this one will actually be finished, since I still think it sounds like an awesome idea.

http://www.slashfilm...ie/#more-136730

Sony has officially announced that they will be bringing Konami’s hit videogame franchise Metal Gear Solid to the big screen. Deja Vu? Yes, I did write this exact storyin February 2007, but producer Michael De Luca never got it off the ground. This time the announcement was made to video game fans attending the Metal Gear Anniversary event in Tokyo. Banners on display read “Metal Gear Solid Hollywood Movie”, and featured the Columbia Pictures logo.
Hideo Kojima confirmed a new Metal Gear Solid movie project is in the works during the presentation, this time with Spider-man producer Avi Arad on board. Arad spoke to the audience, saying that he struggled for years to bring comics to the silver screen and that ”video games are the comic books of today.” Kotaku quotes Arad as saying that they “will take our time and tell the story with all the nuances, ideology, cautionary tales needed.”

Edited by Deadly Virus, 30 August 2012 - 02:29 AM.

Posted Image

#2 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

Excited for the game, not for the movie... When has a video game movie ever worked out... Please tell me if I'm wrong, cause I wanna know.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#3 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:21 AM

Awesome! :)

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#4 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

I AM EXCITE OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

#5 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

Sweet. Say what you want about video game movies, but as long as Uwe Boll doesn't touch them they turn out OK.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#6 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

i believe it's MGS: "Ground Zeroes" with an 's' at the end.

#7 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

When has a video game movie ever worked out... Please tell me if I'm wrong, cause I wanna know.

Posted Image

#8 Jp27

Jp27

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

Im SO EXCITED for this Game seriously :D :D :D :D :D :D Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

<_< That movie was awful are you kidding me !!!!Posted Image

Edited by Jp27, 30 August 2012 - 11:43 AM.

Posted Image
Dat awesome person

#9 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

Well it was about time I actually bought a PC. I've wanted to play games like Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero, and MGS: Ground Zero on there. Probably worth the investment.
**Has Aneurism From Excitement**

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#10 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

i believe it's MGS: "Ground Zeroes" with an 's' at the end.

Yeah, there's been a lot of debate over this. It's also been unconfirmed yet whether the game is actually titled Metal Gear Solid 5, or if they've just dropped the numbering system. I guess we need to wait for an official trailer first. Maybe at TGS? :D

Edited by Deadly Virus, 30 August 2012 - 02:37 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

A next gen game? And since the Wii U is the only next gen system that we know, would it mean it's coming to the Wii U? I really think it will.
Posted Image

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

The Sonic the Hedgehog Movie was awesome.

I win.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 Jp27

Jp27

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

If this movie is done right it could the best movie ever
Posted Image
Dat awesome person

#14 Deadly Virus

Deadly Virus

Boo

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

Protagonist appears to be an old Big Boss. From that we can tell that the game takes place a few years before Metal Gear 1, as was expected. Not much else can be deduced from this since it's all in Japanese though..

At the end the logos confirm it will be a PS3 and 360 game. Hopefully PC and Wii U versions get announced somewhere down the line, I'm so hyped for this. :o

Posted Image

#15 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, there's been a lot of debate over this. It's also been unconfirmed yet whether the game is actually titled Metal Gear Solid 5, or if they've just dropped the numbering system. I guess we need to wait for an official trailer first. Maybe at TGS? :D

It's been confirmed now that this game is going to be a prequel to MGS5.

Also in the picture that was released it seems to show a younger Big Boss than what was shown in the trailer/demo, so I think that there will be some time jumps in the game. Maybe for part of it you play at a year closer to the end of Peace Walker, but later in the game it's closer to the 80's or something.
zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#16 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

If this movie is done right it could the best movie ever

I'm so scared for it.. I hope they keep the small quirks and stylings from the series.. it's so easy to turn this series into a generic action move..

#17 Jp27

Jp27

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:12 AM

I'm so scared for it.. I hope they keep the small quirks and stylings from the series.. it's so easy to turn this series into a generic action move..

Im also scared too we could maybe see snake in box during the movie but im nervous the actors they might pick :( :wacko: :unsure: :blink:

random side note: I have finished MGS 2, 3, and 4. And i never finished peace walker or the first MGSPosted Image
Posted Image
Dat awesome person

#18 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Im also scared too we could maybe see snake in box during the movie but im nervous the actors they might pick :( :wacko: :unsure: :blink:

random side note: I have finished MGS 2, 3, and 4. And i never finished peace walker or the first MGSPosted Image

MGS1 is pretty cheap on PSN and Peace Walker shouldn't be too hard to get since it's also on PSN or UMD.
zZJ9pHB.png

#19 Jp27

Jp27

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

MGS1 is pretty cheap on PSN and Peace Walker shouldn't be too hard to get since it's also on PSN or UMD.

I have the Hd collection with peace Walker i can never get around to it tho especially with school now
Posted Image
Dat awesome person

#20 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

I have the Hd collection with peace Walker i can never get around to it tho especially with school now

Wait until you get a vacation from school or something. That way you have something awesome to entertain yourself with,
zZJ9pHB.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!