• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

You pretty much summed everything up. Good job.

Nintendo needs to get a new image. Right now it's "kiddy", that won't work.

Won't work for who? You?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#22 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:50 AM

Won't work for who? You?

Why the attitude?

It's for all people cause today everything is about fps, gore and blood. Nintendo has a bad image in today's industry. Don't tell me that you have missed that?

28gxdv8.png

#23 Shadiwulf

Shadiwulf

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

Why the attitude?

It's for all people cause today everything is about fps, gore and blood. Nintendo has a bad image in today's industry. Don't tell me that you have missed that?

With todays oversaturation from shooters its Ninty's "kiddy" image thats keeping interest in gaming industry going -_-

Edited by shadd21, 04 September 2012 - 10:02 AM.

#24 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

With todays oversaturation from shooters its Ninty's "kiddy" image thats keeping interest in gaming industry going -_-

We just have to accept that today's generation don't like Mario and Pokémon. They like FPS and stuff like that. Talking ages 7-15 right now.

Sorry I'm just repeating what I'm saying but it's true.

28gxdv8.png

#25 Tre

Tre

Blooper

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

We just have to accept that today's generation don't like Mario and Pokémon. They like FPS and stuff like that. Talking ages 7-15 right now.

Sorry I'm just repeating what I'm saying but it's true.

The average age of male gamers were about 30 or 31 years old. Male gamers count for only 55% of gamers as females count for 45%. My nephews like all kinds of games and range from age 5 to age 19. Today's generation isn't everyone you meet. There is no way to prove that as fact.

This essay about the Wii U doesn't even matter. If you buy only the Wii U, then you play the games on that system. If you can get other systems, then that's fine. If you can only get one, then get the one you play the majority of games on. I play all systems. Always have since Atari and Colecovision. If I only had a Wii in this current gen then I would only play the games for that system. There were a lot of games for me. As far as blood games go, yeah I played Scarface and Godfather on the Wii (it was a different way to play it). I don't play FPS's. I don't have a problem with them but that is just not my taste. As far as how water down Wii games were, if you only had one console how would you know unless so one told you. If you enjoyed it, then what is the problem. People concentrate on others and not on their person enjoyment. Sorry for the long essay but I had to do it.

Nintendo's kiddy image was always there. They haven't changed since the NES. Why should they sellout their beliefs just to make extra money. Yeah people grow up but there is always someone to take the place of those grownups. This is has been overdone. If a person is too concerned over buying something then just don't buy it.

Edited by Tre, 04 September 2012 - 07:23 PM.

#26 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

I agree with Hinkik, and actually don't mind his forward approach about it.

People carry more interest on the likes of GTA, Call of Duty, Battlefield and the like over things like Mario and Pokemon.

People also like having games they can just jump right into, and online games that nail that, nail the audience. Gamers are a competitive bunch, and without catering to that, a lot of games fall into the 'one time only' category.

This idea is heavily reflected in mobile gaming as well.

And can we please stop believing that Nintendo is the only saviour against these mature games. Can I at least hear a clap for the likes of Level-5, Namco Bandai, SEGA, Capcom, Atlus and Ubisoft, to name a few. Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright and Rayman Origins aren't exactly what I'd call gory or violent, and they're definitely not far from interesting either.
  • Tre likes this

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#27 Lord N

Lord N

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Zero Escape

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

I really don't think Nintendo is under a lot of pressure. That's just my opinion. Nintendo has danced to the beat of its own drum since the days of the N64 and has done just fine and the Wii is the 3rd best selling home console next to the PS2 and PSone. Nintendo has never really catered to hardcore gamer's...ever. They always catered to Nintendo fans. Yeah the "kiddy" image can spoil it for the people who only play GTA and Madden. I don't really give a damn about half the crap that comes out on other systems. Most my favorite franchises are Nintendo based anyways. So I will agree that they need to dig deep into their IP pool and really give some great games, much much more than what we saw on the Wii. Also if the Wii U doesn't get every 3rd party game the 360 or PS3 gets doesn't spell doom and gloom. There will be lots of exclusive 3rd party games thanks to the GamePad. The Wii U will have at least a year or 2 head start on the 720 and who knows how long on the PS4. I don't foresee those being the generational leap in difference like we see between the 360/PS3/Wii - I can see it being a little more subtle like the GC/PS2/XBOX. I think in next gen both Microsoft and Sony are going to step back and say they need something that's not a graphic power house, but something to offer people a great way to play games.

In the end we will have to wait and see. Generally I've always bought a Nintendo system to play Nintendo games...not the others so much..they are just added bonuses and lessens the chance of having to own a 2nd console. Before Nintendo I bought all the Sega Consoles...because I wanted to play all the Sega games. Honestly can you say people buy the PS3 or 360 because they are die hard fans like Nintendo fans are? I never heard someone say they love Microsoft games....so I'm buying an xbox...face it...they don't have 1st party like Nintendo does. Give Nintendo even 1/3rd of the same 3rd party games and some exclusives...and they will do great. So far if the launch is any indicator...I think they will do just fine.

Wow. You summed up a lot of my argument but I still have a couple of things left untouched.

First, I want to talk about the lack of 3rd party support. I dont believe Nintendo is lacking in 3rd party because of the direction they decided to take their company. I think the answer is a bit more simple than that. The Wii simply wasn't in the same league when it came to graphics power. Developers that wanted to capitalize on the visuals couldn't do it on the Wii. They were left with 3 other options and that's what ended up happening. PC, Xbox and Playstation ended up with games that can better utilize the GPU and the Wii was left to the games that didn't require much power, but were still fun to play. Most shooters have very detailed scenery and the frame rate usually runs really high. Crisis would be the perfect example. They already began taking the correct steps by increasing power within all their units, starting with the 3DS. It may be just me, but Resident Evil Revelations looked amazing on a portable. I have no worries that they will continue to seek partnerships and contracts with many more 3rd party developers in the near future.

As for the hardware of the Wii U, it is already known fact that the actual hardware itself is more powerful than any system in the market, leaving the PC the only possible gaming machine to rival it. To get a PC to rival the Wii U, you will be guaranteed to be shelling out about 3 to 4x more cash, because of all the other functions computers have. From videos that have been posted and leaked, I can already tell the frame rate runs really high and the visual power of this console is unlike anything Nintendo has ever created. You're right in saying Nintendo has never really had a use for a high powered gaming machine. They've managed to survive using mediocre graphics but very enticing gameplay that can only be found in a Nintendo console.Their innovative strategy for gaming is what makes every single one of their systems, a force to be reckoned with. Since software is one of the main selling points of the Wii U, allow me to segue into my next point.

The return of 1st party IPs is ofcourse expected and the arrival of new ones is for me as well. People buy the Wii or GC because they love their mascots. Where else will you find Star Fox or Metroid?Zelda or Mario? All of them in ONE GAME!?Only on Nintendo( that should've been an ad xD). From what I hear, the development of new IPs has already begun. Miyamoto is working on a brand new project, and we know when Miyamoto makes anything, it's awesome. His last creation being Pikmin, I have high hopes for his latest. In the future, I would like to see more Star Fox and F-Zero. They weren't showed much love on the Wii so I'm expecting a little more for it's predecessor.

Social Network and Online gameplay has always been a disaster for Nintendo. This is only because they have no social network and we use an Opera browser which is not the best, but it works. Details surrounding the Wii U social network has proved to be quite astounding. The Miiverse will incorporate what we call " playing alone, together". And for the first time, there will be video chat and in game hints provided by anyone playing the same game. The very idea gives me glorious chills. This is going to change the way games are played and this is one of those things that makes Nintendo stand out. I do hope they partner up with Google and maybe...just maybe we'll get a hookup with google chrome on the Wii U.

Well thats it. I have faith that the Wii U will not dissapoint and will sell past the 50 mill mark. There's a really good reason why they're still around and although some of us commoners think they've gone off the deep end sometimes...they are actually market geniuses. They will make it affordable. It will have software for everyone to enjoy, some more explicit than others and new found visuals. If I had to buy stock in Nintendo, I'd get it now. The Wii U will change everything, its just a matter of time.
Free the pokemon!

"I cannot see the future yet... The world is still to be determined..."

#28 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:27 PM

I agree with Hinkik, and actually don't mind his forward approach about it.

People carry more interest on the likes of GTA, Call of Duty, Battlefield and the like over things like Mario and Pokemon.

People also like having games they can just jump right into, and online games that nail that, nail the audience. Gamers are a competitive bunch, and without catering to that, a lot of games fall into the 'one time only' category.

This idea is heavily reflected in mobile gaming as well.

And can we please stop believing that Nintendo is the only saviour against these mature games. Can I at least hear a clap for the likes of Level-5, Namco Bandai, SEGA, Capcom, Atlus and Ubisoft, to name a few. Professor Layton, Phoenix Wright and Rayman Origins aren't exactly what I'd call gory or violent, and they're definitely not far from interesting either.

I hardly see people bash on BF or GTA it's mostly Call of Duty. And if people really think only Nintendo can save mature games that's ridiculous. Besides, those games are all pretty good, it's just that too many people want their sucess so they copy those type of games. Originality is lost in the industry. Consumers all play the same games.

#29 Shadiwulf

Shadiwulf

Shy Guy

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:17 AM

Too many people want their sucess so they copy those type of games. Originality is lost in the industry. Consumers all play the same games.

That was the point of my argument the oversaturation from shooters is making the gaming industry lost all originality that why i respect Nintendo for trying keep inmotivation in gaming as well as Namco, SEGA and Ubisolf as Auzzie said.

Edited by shadd21, 05 September 2012 - 05:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!